Anyone not okay with Rogue's new costume?

• 88 results
#51 Posted by eldestrisk (616 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually my favorite. =)

#52 Edited by babywix (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. I especially like it if you feel the scarf she's wearing because that adds a lot of drama. And not getting some of the hate with the skirt with leggings look. I wear that look all the time and so do a million other girls, and it looks fine! Plus, it's about time some superhero gets clothes that look at least a biiit realistic, because though all the spandex costumes do certainly look nice, it kind of bums me out how they can look so wrong in real life.
And, danhimself, great picture! Love this costume, too!

#53 Posted by Green Skin (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it!  Why do people think she's wearing a skirt?  It's part of her top.

#54 Posted by wooodude1 (106 posts) - - Show Bio
@umbrafeline:

#55 Posted by Assman (1875 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I get a decently large pic to base my opinion on? Can't really see/get much out of those liitle pics posted :-(
#56 Edited by Beatrix (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really like it, it may even be my favourite costume. Two things I wish they'd do though: 
a) decide on a set green for the costume, it seems to change from lighter to darker from artist to artist,  and  
b) zip her up a wee bit more! She'll catch a cold, I swear.  

@Green Skin said:

" I like it!  Why do people think she's wearing a skirt?  It's part of her top. "
And YES! Thank you, it is! Which actually makes it even cooler!
I really like how it looks more normal, and it's not a spandex thong-kini wonder!
#57 Posted by babywix (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@Assman: Found this picture off Google Images. Whoever drew this has got her new costume pretty much spot-on. Hope this is helpful. ;)

#58 Posted by babywix (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: Oh, and you're absolutely right. It is part of her top. My bad.
#59 Posted by Aspenite (868 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing bad about it.

#60 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@babywix: That's a pretty smart fan art!  They really do have all the little details... including the ridiculous amount of cleavage without any realistic form of support ;)
#61 Posted by fACEmelter88 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea its annoying sometimes its classier or reasonably low cut but sometimes its like how do they stay in there. I guess it depends on the artist but its alright. I actually kinda miss the big ugly  poofy hair she had in like the 90's, very southern trailer park-y.

#62 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@fACEmelter88: You're spot on about the artist making a big difference.   

I guess I've got used to the movie-rip-off white highlights instead of the skunk stripe.  It was funny how it started off looking punk and later looked like she'd forgotten to colour her roots.
#63 Posted by Larkin1388 (1733 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ok... but the original is better. I feel the original capture her personality better.

#64 Posted by babywix (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: lolz, you're right about the cleavage. It's a bit too much for me. I just try to imagine her in this picture zipped up and not baring quite so much.
#65 Posted by SC (13351 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it zipped up, and specially with the brown jacket. Still, I wished she was wearing more black. 

#66 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda prefer her classical costume (one of the few X-Men 90s costumes I don't find outright silly). I think her current one is ok, but I think her older 90s outfit is better.
#67 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the one with the hood

#68 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her new look, when it isn't drawn as low cut as some people draw it

it suits her new position, power control and attitude IMO

@Overseer

that's not her classic look

her current look is actually quite similar to her actual classic look (green and white)

if you're talking about her Jim Lee X-Men Blue/Gold series look, then fine, but that came a few decades after her classic anything, and it needs to go away

#69 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shadowdoggy said:

if you're talking about her Jim Lee X-Men Blue/Gold series look, then fine, but that came a few decades after her classic anything, and it needs to go away

I still like the old yellow & green outfit from the 'Blue' team era, but I accept that she's moved on. Rogue's had some pretty great & terrible outfits. One of the strangest being the black body stocking with a green swimsuit over the top. Very rebellious & punk, yet still reserved.

But I really like the current outfit... and also dislike it when artists think it's not sexy enough without unzipping her down to the naval :p I also have problems when artists go the other way completely and make it the ugliest skirted-over-trousers number that'd make Gok Wan run back into the closet crying into her spandex.

It' the hood that I like the least. I still don't see any reason why she would dig out her old Brotherhood threads after decades of proving herself as a hero. Not to mention, it was just fugly. The only way the hood could be made sexy was to rip it all off and leave her wearing a bikini peaking out from underneath (during the Pandemic story).

Rogue's Various Fashion Faux Pas
#70 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

<_< I'm actually a fan of the hooded costume.

I like the most recent one as well, but I also agree with XK about it depending on how the artist is depicting it.

#71 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty

yeah, I think the resemblance to her "old life" is a little odd, but this is the first time in her history she's been able to control her abilities with this much accuracy, so maybe it's her way of going back to the beginning and becoming the fullest realization of herself

I don't hate the hood- I liked it a lot in Age of X when she was Reaper, but it's a little out of place on a hero who spends most of her time being VERY active and punching things in the face 

and I actually loved her old punk looks (especially with the belts) but it may just be because it brings back so many great memories  :)

#72 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry DH! :}

I loved the Age of X look for Reaper/Legacy. It seemed to fit with the world around them. But I also loved the holes in her gloves that made her powers more accessible without having to waste time removing her gloves.

Age of X Hood > Earth-616 Hood ;)

#73 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Starts chant;

90s, 90s, 90s, 90s, 90s, 90s, 90s!

#74 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty Oh I so agree with you on that one! I reallyyyyyyy wanted them to bring her AoX look into 616. It's my favorite look for her ever.
#75 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I also found it odd that the new Rogue available for Super Hero Squad Online is based on the 90's Rogue; yellow & green costume, flying around town & beating the snot out of Magneto. Most other-media renditions for the last decade have all been based on the 'tactile absorption in green & black' Rogue.

#76 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
i liked the hood.
#77 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

I also found it odd that the new Rogue available for Super Hero Squad Online is based on the 90's Rogue; yellow & green costume, flying around town & beating the snot out of Magneto. Most other-media renditions for the last decade have all been based on the 'tactile absorption in green & black' Rogue.

That's because the 90s X-Men was so awesome =D
#78 Edited by AssertingValor (5447 posts) - - Show Bio

elf look!........ftw.........................
#79 Posted by Fenrir085 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks fine.

#80 Posted by Aspirus (419 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, I think it's fine. Rogue looks good in green.
#81 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmp.

#82 Posted by ragdollpurps (15731 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig her new green and white outfits (the one with the skirt and scarf as well as the one with the hood).

#83 Posted by Trapaceira (46 posts) - - Show Bio

kkkkkkkk gostei do   Power Ranger rosa. Mas acho que ta muito simples. Queria que fosse algo mais ousado e sexy.

#84 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of any female character having her zipper down below her breast bone in comics in general.

#85 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

90s green yellow suit leather jacket is my fav uniform of hers.

#86 Edited by HeavenlyWarrior1 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

That was an okay costume. Her yellow stripped, green suit and her white trimmed hooded outfits were my favorite, though. She's had many unnatural outfits...But then again, X-men outfits all range unnatural at some point.

#87 Posted by AwesomeQ9876 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, it reminds me of an elf

#88 Posted by Wyrmdog (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Second from the left was always my favorite. Never liked the hair, but the outfit was one that helped define her character for me. It always felt like part of her personality and the ones that came after largely made her feel like a different character. It was sassy but also felt practical given her powers and limitations. Weird, I suppose, but there you have it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.