Anyone not okay with Rogue's new costume?

• 88 results
#1 Posted by Nepth (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't like it. Too much cleavage, now it reminds me of Black Cat. She's even wearing a mini skirt with pants! I mean, are you kidding? It reminds me of the pink Power Ranger. :/
The only thing I'm okay with is her scarf, it's nice, I guess. But does anyone agree that her new costume is just outright silly?

#2 Posted by Chaos Burn (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

PIC?

#3 Edited by Nepth (131 posts) - - Show Bio
X-Men: Legacy #240
#4 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it 

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

looks pretty standard fare to me, not her best but I don't hate it...

#6 Posted by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of like it. It goes outside her usual skin suits especially the long trench coat, talk about tacky. My only complain with it is her ponytail some can draw it pretty good like Acuna but with others it looks kind of trailer park messy

#7 Edited by War Killer (20000 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks fine.

Plus, I've seen plenty of girls with the whole skirt/pants thing and they look fine in them, what's wrong with girls wearing them in comics? Seems to be a style now.

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

it's okay, I guess.

#9 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the last one with the hood.
But this one is alright.  Though I do think the zipped down look is a bit much.

#10 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

I HATE her current costume with the scarf. Soo stupid and random! She reminds me too much of the "Rallys" pilot guy. lol Too many "X"s as well. I like her Xtreme red and blue costume as well as her Ultimate costume (witha bulky jacket and loose belt like in the 90s). 

#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from showing a little extra cleavage & a tiny flash of upper arm, she's not exactly showing more flesh than she used to.  She's worn a lot less before now. 

The new green & white suits her, without it being yet another kick back to the one she wore as a villain.  I could do without the obligatory X logo on her chest, but otherwise it's a nice outfit.  The scarf is a cute accessory, I don't understand why people hate accessorising; it's realistic for a girl of her age & gives her a little extra texture & layering than just another run-of-the-mill skin-tight spandex suit. 

What's so wrong with Rogue having a softer & slightly more mature style outfit?  She's allowed to grow in personality, taste & age.
#12 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14408 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new costume everybody needs a change from spandex now and then , except eddy murphy in nutty professor 1

#13 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

This costume is just too matronly for her and she looks like a power ranger. The belt is too bulky as well. What is she supposed to to carrying in there? lol It might be better if it was just one shade of green. Superheroes in skirts just never seemed too practical to me. The whole outfit is too complicated and tacky (skirt with tights? really?...don't get me started on those wierd sleeves either). It just doesn't fit her personality.
#14 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. [: it's revealing and sexy, but very much suited to battle.
Now she can control her powers, I figured she'd dress a little more provocative.

#15 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with it. Not her best, but not her worst.

#16 Posted by DCGal (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooo I like it, but that's just me. I'm a girl so I appreciate a (slightly) realistic outfit on a comic woman.  
There aren't many women in real life who'd don a spandex bodysuit, even the ones who have the body for it.
#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7597 posts) - - Show Bio

There are much worse costume out there, not bad.

#18 Posted by Jake Fury (18169 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.
#19 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

its ok but i like the red/blue ensemble more. there are too many 'x's on it. im not sure about the tights. the scarf she can use as a weapon if trained properly. but shes not showing enough cleavage imo
#20 Edited by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that actually looks like clothes a normal human being would wear. 
Her hair in the first picture looks terrible, the second one is fine.

#21 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon:
i agree
#22 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:
"There are much worse costume out there, not bad. "

Ok guys, what was her WORST costume then, if not this one?
#23 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life:
#24 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life:

X-Men: Evolution

I never did like this one. lol 
#25 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@umbrafeline said:
"shes not showing enough cleavage imo "

This better for ya...?
#26 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

she cant kill with her touch anymore i wanna see her runnin around in she-hulkesque attire j/k

#27 Posted by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio
@kerukun878:
Ugh Seconded
#28 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"@umbrafeline said:

This better for ya...?
"

Sometimes it looks like she has an ass on her chest! lol ridiculous.
#29 Posted by Edamame (27996 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
"@umbrafeline said:

This better for ya...?
"
Sometimes it looks like she has an ass on her chest! lol ridiculous. "
lol
#30 Posted by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: 

she can control her powers now? when did this happen? im not an x man reader so i wouldnt know about this new change.
#31 Posted by Tomokata (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, but her new outfit makes her look like an airline stewardess from the 60s. 

Oh, behave.

#32 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, as long as the cleavage isn't overdone, makes it looks 'tacky'.

#33 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Telcalipoca:  Yeah, she can now control her powers and chose when she absorbs the memories etc .. from someone. [:
#34 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't hate this one, but i like others better

#35 Posted by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I think her current costume is fine. Its certainly no worse than others she has worn over the years. As for the amount of cleavage shown I have found that it varies with the artist of that particular issue.
Also Rogue while she has always been cautions about touching anyone, she has never been shy about showing off her, ah 'assets'.

#36 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

Except the "X" on the chest I like it.

#37 Posted by mistrx75 (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'll always like the ol' green and yellow.

#38 Posted by conformist21 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

characters like kitty pryde, invisible woman, and rogue,
i do not like seeing them in costumes that show cleavage, i don't think it suits them,
they can be sexy while being in a full body suit. just like the picture that riri4life posted

#39 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not a fan of the skirt with pants look. IMO I feel choose one or the other.

#40 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a skirt.  It's her top.  Not all tops end above the belt line.  It's a nice change to have a character wearing realistically lengthened clothes, instead fo permanently showing off their mid-riff.

#41 Posted by GraphicCasualFreak (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that I loved her old one; but I have to say that this one is kind of ugly.

#42 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

i would rather have had her stay in this suit...she wore it briefly in X-men: Legacy while in Australia before going to Utopia with Danger
#43 Posted by Beatrix (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's perfect… except they should probably zip her up just a teensey bit more!

#44 Edited by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not so crazy about it but it could have been worse.
#45 Posted by SpidermanWins (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it and I want to see it again.

#46 Posted by SpidermanWins (3980 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @umbrafeline said:

This better for ya...?
"
It sure is better for me
#47 Posted by abbi (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Could be worse.
#48 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" I like it. "
#49 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"
i would rather have had her stay in this suit...she wore it briefly in X-men: Legacy while in Australia before going to Utopia with Danger "
I did like that one.  A nice combination of the classic 90's one and the recent green one (before it had been designed).  I wouldn't mind seeing this one return instead of the old Brotherhood hood yet again.
#50 Posted by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at her current uniform/costume I wonder if there was any editorial sway there. Rogue is a prominent member of the X-Men, so she shows up a lot. I wonder if her outfit was kept basic to make it easier for the various artists to draw her. I have noticed while the outfit is basically the same the various artists interpretations do vary, be it the shade of green used, how far down her zipper is pulled, the size of her breasts, the length of her scarf. I suspect they employed the KISS principle(keep it simple stupid) with her costume. Personally I think the current costume works well, I like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.