Absorbing the Hecatomb...

#1 Posted by electric_goldfish (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I was under the impression that Rogue could only absorb sentient beings - aliens, humans, mutants, etc.

However, the Hecatomb seems to be a giant metal 'mind bomb' for lack of a better term. It just occoured to me that she shouldn't have been able to absorb all the minds that were in there, because it was a 'thing/machine' and not a particuarly humanoid thing at that.

Anyone want to fill me in on some XMen "science" that can clarify this for me?

#2 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

I can that absorbing the Hecatomb was more of something the Absorbing Man would do who knows she could use his template to asborbed it

#3 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hecatomb was an artificial Mummudrai, ie. a super-clone of an alien.
Since she can absorb clones and aliens i don't see the problem.
The weird thing is how her own persona remained in charge, when it's usually repressed when she absorbs powerful psyches.

#4 Posted by Silenttiger43 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she's just getting stronger?

#5 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

she should be, because if she does she could go up to be an Omega mutant

#6 Posted by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio
rogue has a capacity of unlimited powers, insurance is evolving, and perhaps in the not too distant future will be an omega-level mutant, after all after phpenix jean version, which has the largest mutant power is rogue.

rogue the most beautiful and powerful woman x
#7 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
gambit18 said:
"
rogue has a capacity of unlimited powers, insurance is evolving, and perhaps in the not too distant future will be an omega-level mutant, after all after phpenix jean version, which has the largest mutant power is rogue.

rogue the most beautiful and powerful woman x
"
Not true.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.