High-Res Pictures Give Us A Better Look At Detailed 'Robocop' Costume

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Hollywood's decision to remake the Robocop movie came with varying opinions and sentiments from long-time fans of the franchise. Nearly twenty years later the character still holds a very special place in the hearts of fans -- no matter how corny the original chrome Robocop suit was. Now that the film has been pushed back at least another year, it's hard to say whether the costume actor Joel Kinnaman wore in the set photos we've seen will be the one we see in the final version of the film come 2014. Having said that, that's not going to stop us from posting high-resolution images of the costume up close, straight from the set. Truth be told, we were skeptical about the costume originally, but seeing them in high resolution we have to admit that we're a little bit impressed with all the detail of the suit.

Check out the high resolution pictures of Kinneman as Robocop below and let us know what you think of these close up shots of the costume. Robocop is directed by Jose Padilha and stars actor Joel Kinnaman as Murphy, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson and more. The film is scheduled to hit theaters sometime in 2014.

== TEASER ==

Source: Geek Tyrant

#1 Posted by Aeroman (498 posts) - - Show Bio

still on the fence

#2 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

2014? WHY?!?!!! it was slated to come out AFTER iron man 3 so there was nothing to worry about!

#3 Posted by Barkley (271 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll buy that for a dollar....!

#4 Posted by kennybaese (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

The suit looks a little... rubbery. I'm guessing they'll punch it up a bit in post production, in which case, I think it looks fine.

#5 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the OCP logo on his chest. I really need to see this on film and in motion. Static photos, even at good resolutions, still make this look like fairly cheap layered plastic.

#6 Posted by Raven575 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming from someone who does video production, the shininess of that face visor is going to be a pain in the ass when it comes to hiding the camera and equipment reflections.

I do not envy the camera operators and the director of photography. Maybe that's why it is pushed back to 2014. They need the extra time to digitally alter the reflection in every scene...LOL.

#7 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the rubbery Batsuit from "Batman and Robin" mixed with Cyclops from the first "X-Men" film.

#8 Posted by highwayguy (17 posts) - - Show Bio

At least there's no Robo-nipples on the costume. Phew!

#9 Posted by inferiorego (22609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven575 said:

Coming from someone who does video production, the shininess of that face visor is going to be a pain in the ass when it comes to hiding the camera and equipment reflections.

I do not envy the camera operators and the director of photography. Maybe that's why it is pushed back to 2014. They need the extra time to digitally alter the reflection in every scene...LOL.

I like you.

Staff
#10 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3550 posts) - - Show Bio

The change of the uniform for this remake was never a big deal. I'm more concerned about hearing this will be rated PG13. The gun also has to be bolstered in the leg.

If anything. I'm more surprised they didn't go with a dark blue over black. Cops are often referred to as "the boys in blue".

#11 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting to like the costume more and more every time I look at it.

#12 Posted by Cavemold (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

a tad better for me

#13 Posted by judasnixon (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

This here is my Robocop! 
#14 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

These pics do show an increased level of detail that was missing from the earlier views, but I'm still not sold on the look. Too much matte black plastic, looks like the interior of a cheap compact car.

#15 Posted by EvanTheMexiJew (99 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks more like he's some drone henchman than a robot-cop. Still looks cool, just not as stylized as I'd like to hope

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have the jaw that made robocop iconic.

#17 Posted by Loki2u (209 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my problem with the the suit is that it doesn't look robotic.

When I see it I don't think Robo-Cop....I think Armored Cop.

My.02

#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (6431 posts) - - Show Bio

the suit looks cool my only grip about it is that other than the visor its just all black throw some colbat blue in there like the old days. Not a lot but just a bit.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks alot better now than when I first saw it. The original design was fine though.

#20 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt this remake will capture the emotional aspect of the original.

#21 Posted by Spoon_sm (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the original thick armour Robocop and not this plated ninja cop. Also if those images of ED-209 are real then this movie is a total flop for me.

Im really hoping Ninja Turtles doesn't get the same treatment as Robocop

#22 Posted by Havik86 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the way it's looking compared to some of the images shown over the last month or so, but I'm still not a huge fan.

#23 Posted by Seafarinhare (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAlchemist said:

I doubt this remake will capture the emotional aspect of the original.

Emotion? In MY action movies? NOT ON MY WATCH.

#24 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Let the ruined childhood whines of the dumb*sses begin!

#25 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

looks a lot better , didnt really care for robocop . thought terminator was much better (first two movies ), ill probably check it out , hopes it keeps the ultra-violence and commercial spoofs

#26 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Now it looks like Bruce Wayne's Insider Suit was clashed with the Iron MK suit and somehow is now being worn by Scott Summers. This movie better have one helluva story to tell otherwise I will not be impressed at ALL.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks fine to me.

#28 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

This suit looks ridiculous.

#29 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Bland, modern-ysh for the sake of hype, and generic.

Let's hope the movie is at least fun AND good.

#30 Posted by Metron144 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolute trash.

#31 Posted by alex6166 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing about science-fiction movies and television is they still make everything grey or silver for some reason. Do they really think that speaks to futuristic technology even today where we got these stupid I-Phones that just emit all sorts of ghastly colors to peoples eyes, ruining them in a matter of five years despite the fact Apple hasn't told anyone that yet?

Come on, people. Be more creative.

#32 Posted by Threlnos (1 posts) - - Show Bio
I still don't know what to think but it looks like KITT in a human form.
#33 Posted by gyozilla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Let classics be classics, Hollywood!

#34 Edited by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Seafarinhare: Come on Robocop 1 was more than brains being blown and explosions it made us ask the ever lasting question what is it that makes us human?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.