'Robocop' Gets A Brand New Look

• 139 results
#101 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the worst redesign since , Clooney's Batman.

#102 Posted by ringmaster17 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw this suit I thought it was something for the new Iron Man movie, I'm very disappointed but I'm going to save full judgement for the first trailer.

#103 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (544 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not impressed by it at all!

#104 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Just bootleg this sh!t

#105 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

The Original is better

#106 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Look how they try to make everything futuristic. They are trying way to hard. Given, this is the future to some of us older guys and it's been a real disapointment. Hell, stuff like Time Cop looks better than this even with it's ridiculous self-driving cars.

The cars in Demolition Man were more believable.

I haven't even mentioned the suit.

#107 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@DDangelico said:

So THAT'S what happens when Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne get together...

I was hoping I would be the first to right this.......fiddlesticks

#108 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I am darkness! I am the night! I AM IRONMAN

#109 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont mind the suit, what I mind is the subliminal, "Make sure and wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle" even if your a super cyborg already fitted with one.

#110 Posted by supermanfan122508 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda digging it. Still, nothing can replace the original suit.

#111 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3093 posts) - - Show Bio

This will probably due no better than the Total Recall remake last month....just... "meh"

#112 Posted by DEGRAAF (7886 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanfan122508: the original suit was cool but it had to be updated for this era. Im really liking the new one. It makes me think of the future possibilities compared to the old on. I guess it was more about the fact that he was still human on the inside while this one make me think he is much more robot then human

#113 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1082 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the suit, but a good movie makes the suit better, not the other way around

#114 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm glad that they didn't simply rehash the classic Robocop armor, I'm not crazy about the monochromatic tones of the new.

It'd be nice to have another color on there besides just black. He's a police officer, after all, not Batman.

#115 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like every videogame movie, guy in a robo-suit/drone. The robo-cop design is iconic and could have been updated, but not changed entirely, otherwise its really not the same character.

#116 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4740 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't care for the original Robocop. I'm pretty sure this doesn't affect me, either.

#117 Posted by Bionicburrito (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@Krak0: LULZ

#118 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

#119 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he holsters his gun in his leg again.

#120 Posted by Hyperlight (5910 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the suit looks good... but the color should be chrome to keep the iconic look

#121 Posted by MrGore (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: Those were the words I was trying to find inside my head, this costume is good looking, modern and seems functional enough, but it's to generic there are no identifiable elements, at least classic helmet should make a presence.

#122 Posted by mr_iq (28 posts) - - Show Bio

First superman bulge now this?

WTH is wrong with the designers?

#123 Posted by thatlad (594 posts) - - Show Bio
#124 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too dark they need to add chrome color to it. if they added it it would look ok but as it is it's too dark and black. It's not a Batman movie for hell sake it's Robocop

#125 Posted by blueninjapanther (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the clay version

#126 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the look, but this is exactly the kind of movie that shouldn't be remade.

#127 Edited by dravenmort (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if he looks more like Batman w/o cape in a helmet or Raiden from Metal Gear. Either way, I hope they take a hint from what this guy on Reddit did http://imgur.com/aUEgR It looks much better with the silver

#128 Edited by Ama_Sama (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm likin' the suit. Don't know how good the actual movie will be [or how it will stack up as a remake], but at least the costume will be alright. It could definitely be worse. I just don't understand why they're making all of these 80s remakes though... Total Recall, Judge Dredd, Robocop. And, yes, they are also remaking Red Dawn. A trailer that looks so terrible it made me cry [on the inside]. I'll reserve my judgement on this movie until I see a commercial...

#129 Posted by TruSoul (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen the original Robocop movie but this looks like it might be a good movie for the family to enjoy. It can't be any worse then Hasbro/Paramount's GI Joe movie.

#130 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this suit even if it's reminiscent of the Iron Man & G.I. Joe armors.

#131 Posted by Nightwing23 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the original!!! I don't care how the suit looks! I'm just so happy that they've been remaking the stuff I watched and loved when I was a kid like Total Recall...I wish they will remake the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!

#132 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBigRedCheese: Cool pic. Maybe a bit too futuristic with all the smooth lines but definitely a cool updated version of the '87 suit.

#133 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

"The only true tradition is change". Heard this when I was in college after a very unpopular change was made in my school (which ended up actually being highly received in retrospect) during a Q&A session between the student body and the school administration. The quote from the administrator really stuck with me as I've gone through my career because I've noticed at every step along the way how a lack of change severely hampers success and the ability to adapt to new problems.

So what does this have to do with the new RoboCop look........you can't recapture success. The new RoboCop movie can't stand on the popularity of its predecessors and one of the reasons why the first film was so popular (among many) was the iconic look of the suit. It was shiny, tough, chrome.....it looked like a Detroit built car. It was iconic 80's.

Its not the 80's anymore. Actually, as a quick question.........how many people in this thread even remember the 80's? I mean really remember. Like, actually saw the first RoboCop in theaters and not on VHS or on tv years later. Just wondering considering most of the students I teach at a college university right now were born in '92 or later.

But anyways, back to the armor. It fits for the modern moviegoer. I'm just a bit surprised there isn't more detail. Even though the original look is certaintly dated, it had amazing detail on it from car-like lines and gears to just little nicks and dents. Also, the initial poster seems to imply more detail as well like the red lines next to the RoboCop logo.

So I'm wondering if this is the RoboCop v1.0 suit that we are seeing. Basically the prototype suit that is testing out all the systems and such (also possibly explaining why he still has a human right hand other than the actor not putting one glove on) and that the final suit (RoboCop v2.0) will have a greater amount of detail and small touches. With just a little more detail I think the suit will fit a modern interpretation perfectly.

Can't wait for the first trailer during this holiday season.

#134 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it wrong that I got a boner to this article?

#135 Posted by falcon10 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#136 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist said:

Is it wrong that I got a boner to this article?

No, but it's wrong to tell us you did...
#137 Posted by ThomasElliot (362 posts) - - Show Bio

@TruSoul said:

I've never seen the original Robocop movie but this looks like it might be a good movie for the family to enjoy. It can't be any worse then Hasbro/Paramount's GI Joe movie.

For the whole family? No way!

If this were turned into a PG-13 family action fun film, it would be like turning Shakerspeare's Julius Caesar into a romantic teen comedy.

I know its hard to believe for some people, Robocop (well, the original one anyway) may look goofy, but Verhoeven had some political and social commentary he wanted to convey... and he did it in a most bloody and violent fashion.

"While over-the-top and gory, RoboCop is also a surprisingly smart sci-fi flick that uses ultraviolence to disguise its satire of American culture"

"RoboCop includes themes regarding the media, resurrection, gentrification, corruption, privatization, capitalism, masculinity, identity and human nature. It received positive reviews and was cited as one of the best films of 1987"

If the remake contains none of these things and is some watered-down summer schlock, then its a complete waste.

#138 Posted by Frozen (13540 posts) - - Show Bio

The color needs improving.

#139 Posted by mcclellanscott (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are they doing this? At least give me chrome. Nothing about this new design says Robocop. It's just generic, which I hope the movie will not be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.