Follow

Robin

Concept » Robin appears in 1204 issues.

The patron saint of superhero sidekicks, several young people have taken on the role of Robin, Batman's partner in the battle against crime: Dick Grayson was the first, followed by Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Stephanie Brown and currently Damian Wayne. The title of Robin is an honor all on its own comparable to that of Batman.

Spoiler: New Robin Revealed in BATMAN AND ROBIN

• 167 results
    bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i think that if damian came back from the dead it would ruin Jason Todd as a character, because he would no longer be the one who died and came back.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperman said:

I'm disappointed, i was hoping to see Dick Grayson taking the mantle of Robin again.

:/

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think that if damian came back from the dead it would ruin Jason Todd as a character, because he would no longer be the one who died and came back.

While Jason Todd coming back to life is a very memorable element of the character, it is not the only thing that enriches his backstory and personality...he's a lot more interesting than that imo, and Todd was definitely better as an antihero then being Batman's robin. Also heroes coming back to life isn't really that original.

I used to be torn at the idea of Damian being resurrected, but I'm looking forward to his return. Also for an Al Ghul, death is only a mere inconvenience :)

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooo

Enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Damian fan. I haven't read Damian's death, the arc didn't really interest me, but seeing Damian died was a good arc and seemed logical. Disappointed that he is back

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He never should have died in the first place.

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
    TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Jason Todd died and came back! Original Idea!

Damian Wayne died and came back! Original Idea!

DC Logic

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

You sure it isn't Superboy xP

Arzix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Arzix

yes, lol so when are him and grayson gonna play swordwalkers.....................is it?or not whatever that game was i wanna see damian crush grayson at it.

_underscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By _underscore

@drellassassin said:

Sucks that the cat has to be let out of the bag this early, but I applaud Tomasi for bringing back Damian rather than doing some cheap "oh you thought it would be Damian, but it's this instead!" twist.

You mean like the New Avengers' Ronin turning out to be Maya Lopez instead of Matt Murdock?

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I clicked on the article, the Thumbnail, I was expecting those to be a pair of Stephanie's very large tits under that red tunic.

But I'm glad its Damien & not someone pointlessly new. I'm glad its a guy, as , to me anyway, Robin equals BatBOY/LAD. Not saying it HAS to, but since there is no Batboy, thats what Robin is, I have no problem with a Girl-Wonder, but I'm glad Stephanie is still Spoiler for now, & that Carrie isnt being brought in. Now if only BVS:Dawn were to bring in a male Robin.

I wished this new52 had switched around the sidekicks. I'd like to see Roy as Robin, Dick as WonderBoy, DonnaTroy as Supergirl, Kara Zor-El as Miss Martian. I think that'd be really cool, how sidekicks having a different mentor would have changed them. Maybe the Teen Titans never form. Maybe Kid-Flash turns evil. Better than "we have no ideas what to write, so lets start over & bastardize everything & make diversity.

WeaponXHowlett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No! The thing about Batman and his partners is that them being powerless. Don't ruin it ffs.

Avatar image for hezekiahramirez
    HezekiahRamirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn it! Damian?! Really? I thought we got rid of that little whelp. I don't like this at all. I don't like the character and I don't like the series with him. I've not read Batman in a long time and I'm not going to start now. I'm just done with this series. I'll keep reading the Beyond books but that's all the DC I read right now. I wish the New 52 were just a complete reboot. Go back to basics. Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson, Lois Lane, Clark Kent, and Superman in a two-person love triangle, Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I think it's time to go back to a more iconic status quo. I don't think the New 52 was a successful experiment. Take some time to wrap up what we have going on now and then reset. For real this time. It's time to bring in new readers. The New 52 didn't do that. I think the only way to do it would be to get back to basics, return to the iconic characters, tone down the world to make something people can relate to and follow, and focus on quality art and writing. Keep a few series going if you want, fine. Put some stuff out set in this universe from time to time, okay. But make it known that the new rebooted universe is the real deal and tell these stories again with a fresh and new perspective. Comics are not big business. We need new readers. The way things are going that's just not happening. It's time to go back to basics and stop catering so hard to the hardcore readers. They're not going anywhere. New blood is what we need.

wallis_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks god!!! Happy to see him again

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

DC Logic

When Todd died he came back and wanted justice for his death and went after Batman and Joker.

There's no telling how Damian will come back, he might be understanding and glad to be back or he might end up like Todd. Hopefully it's different from what happened with Jason.

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
    TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gustavoburciaga1:

@thebattlecalculatot said:

DC Logic

When Todd died he came back and wanted justice for his death and went after Batman and Joker.

There's no telling how Damian will come back, he might be understanding and glad to be back or he might end up like Todd. Hopefully it's different from what happened with Jason.

No Caption Provided

True. However, he wasn't mad at Batman himself, he was just mad because Batman still allowed the Joker to live after Joker killed Jason.

RectorDiRector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it really a big shocker or even a spoiler for that matter? For those who've been keeping up with the B&R series knows that their is an ongoing pursuit for Batman to bring back his son, and lets face Batman never fails (and to cover my own ass; with cape and cowl, Batman never fails... most of the time).

But even so if you aren't up to date on what's going on with Batman's plan *SPOILER* 'Throw Robin in the Lazarus pit too recreate Jason Todd 2.0 (laugh it was a joke); it's not rocket science that there is going to be a new Robin sooner or later. It just so happens it Lil' Wayne.

A-List Character don't stay Dead for Long and the Cover art proves it, Major characters are death-proof (Hopefully that goes for Weapon-X aswell... but that's a different matter).

I for one can't wait for someone to take back the Robin mantle. I'm not the biggest Damian fan (Dick all the way) but I am a big Robin Fan, so I'm happy For the big return!

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it really a big shocker or even a spoiler for that matter? For those who've been keeping up with the B&R series knows that their is an ongoing pursuit for Batman to bring back his son, and lets face Batman never fails (and to cover my own ass; with cape and cowl, Batman never fails... most of the time).

But even so if you aren't up to date on what's going on with Batman's plan *SPOILER* 'Throw Robin in the Lazarus pit too recreate Jason Todd 2.0 (laugh it was a joke); it's not rocket science that there is going to be a new Robin sooner or later. It just so happens it Lil' Wayne.

A-List Character don't stay Dead for Long and the Cover art proves it, Major characters are death-proof (Hopefully that goes for Weapon-X aswell... but that's a different matter).

I for one can't wait for someone to take back the Robin mantle. I'm not the biggest Damian fan (Dick all the way) but I am a big Robin Fan, so I'm happy For the big return!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

jackm1226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This news made my day. Best Robin ever (except for Grayson)

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats funny to see some things again ?

Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
    why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Yess!!! Now Your cycle of being a Jason Todd clone is complete.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.