Who's the best Robin?

#1 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

During their time as Robin (Not Nightwingand Red Hood), Who was the best Robin(As in story and personality)

#2 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson, He has growen more in his story lines ,everyone else just tried to fill his boots

#3 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin.

#4 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson outgrew it. I have to say Tim, the guy who dedueced Batman's identity based on Dick Grayson being sloppy.

#5 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd sucked. It's a bit ifficult to compare Tim and Dick as they were Robins of different eras. Tim did earn his place though, which he has over Dick.

#6 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

The first one to DIE! Muhahaha

#7 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Jason Todd sucked. It's a bit ifficult to compare Tim and Dick as they were Robins of different eras. Tim did *earn* his place though, which he has over Dick."

See but so did Dick, He was picked by batman, (see allstar batman) , He eraned his place at Batmans side, He has helped train both new robins and they look more to him then they do to batman, Tim has showen this many times in recent events.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

The "he was picked" is the thing. Tim wasn't picked because Bruce saw his parents die, he earned Batman's respect by proving his intelligence before he ever became Robin.

#9 Posted by Shattered Hand (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd made me laugh the most cause he'd kill people and be like "woops"

#10 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Drake was my favorite, but I never was a big fan of the teenage boy running around in his underpants. I say the vote goes to the one that didn't wear the revealing tights all the time.... Wait, was there a Robin that didn't do that?

#11 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

the girl in dkr

#12 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"The first one to DIE! Muhahaha"

But That would be Jason

#13 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Tim Drake. He was able to discover who Batman was. Who can say that?

#14 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Sphere says:

"Phorqe says:
"The first one to DIE! Muhahaha"

But That would be Jason "

Jason it is then!

#15 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Tu`Che

#16 Posted by Earthfall (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Robin has a lifespan, and subsequently, Dick and Drake have both outgrown the title, and equally grew as characters. Personally, I love them as Red Robin and Nightwing, and its hard to say who was the better Robin. I reckon Nightwing is the better solo hero, but the Robin title goes too Drake for sheer audacity.

#17 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

I have liked things about them all Yes even Tood But i would have to say D!CK or DRAKE
#18 Posted by whitelantern2814 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Damian as he is wise just evil, but I'm going with Tim Drake as the best robin of all, however i've prefered all of them in the roles they took after Robin 

Grayson was the original robin but came into his own as Nightwing.   
Jason Todd i hated as Robin but think is great as Red Hood. 
and even Drake makes a much better Red Robin.

#19 Posted by nightcrawler1212 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

dick
#20 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim's my favorite. Like everyone has said, he earned his place as Robin. Dick is awesome as well, of course. Jason, I like, because of his dark side. And I love Damian. He's just... well he's kind of a d-bag. He's the Guy Gardner of Robins.

#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick was the best Robin 
Jason was the most interesting 
Drake was a good Robin, but better as the Red Robin 
I don't like Damien... 

#22 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick but my favorite is Jason

#23 Posted by danhimself (22304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" Dick was the best Robin Jason was the most interesting Drake was a good Robin, but better as the Red Robin I don't like Damien...  "
I agree...mostly...I didn't like Jason as Robin at all but think he was awesome as Red Hood well before the red hair and huge helmet and cape....Tim has really come into his own since becoming Red Robin and is now my second favorite DC character....Damien can be ok at times but I still want to see him just get his a$$ handed to him
#24 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" Dick was the best Robin Jason was the most interesting Drake was a good Robin, but better as the Red Robin I don't like Damien...  "
I agree...mostly...I didn't like Jason as Robin at all but think he was awesome as Red Hood well before the red hair and huge helmet and cape....Tim has really come into his own since becoming Red Robin and is now my second favorite DC character....Damien can be ok at times but I still want to see him just get his a$$ handed to him "
Yeah, Jason as the Red Hood is really an awesome fit. I think Red Robin is extremely underrated. It's my second favorite DC title out at the moment (the first being The Flash). 

And yes, Damien needs to get his ass kicked. Preferably by Drake. Still can't believe he cut his line, lmao
#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is funny when he teams up with Stephanie.

#26 Posted by Portrait (4484 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Damian. 

#27 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" Damian is funny when he teams up with Stephanie. "
He also had a pretty funny scene in Batman and Robin. They left Damien alone with the Joker and after Joker tried to give him the "I'm not the bad guy shtick", Damien beats him with a friggin crowbar lol
#28 Posted by lozer (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Octagon Freak said:
"

Drake was my favorite, but I never was a big fan of the teenage boy running around in his underpants. I say the vote goes to the one that didn't wear the revealing tights all the time.... Wait, was there a Robin that didn't do that?

"
if it counts for anything, tim was the first one to put some pants on the thing, well, tights 

I grew into comic with tim as robin and I say TIM!
#29 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Got a scan?
#30 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:  

#31 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: lol. But just for the record Jason also beat the Joker with a crowbar.
#32 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:  

True, but at least Jason had a reason. Damien did it just to do it, lol
#33 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1817 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson. 100%
#34 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Yeah. But Jason admitted that he enjoyed it.
#35 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:  

I would too if I were him, lol
#36 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Tim!!!

#37 Edited by batmanboy11 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick was the original, Jason was too crazy and emotional, Tim was a great detective (and partner) and Damian is just plain bad-@##.... I'd say Dick or maybe Tim.
#38 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin Williams

#39 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Dick by far, he's my favorite...but Tim Drake is close up there with him...

#40 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin 1,000,000!

#41 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Tim best as Robin 

dick is better as Nightwing to me 

just like Jason is as Red Hood

#42 Posted by cbishop (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

I grew up in the 70's and 80's, but have to say: Tim is the best Robin by far.  Figuring out Batman and Robin's identities first thing made him a lock for life.  It was Tim that made Robin popular, not Robin that made Tim popular.  Dick Grayson was respected as Robin simply because he was the latter half of "Batman and...," and he grew into his skills.  Tim brought skills with him, and only added to them as Robin.  Dick Grayson came into his own as Nightwing, but Tim was a bada$$ Robin.

#43 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim The one who had his own signal light and his own crew of GCPD working directly for him. The only Robin to create his own Rogue Gallery 

#44 Edited by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Tim. In a few years, I think he'll be more iconic (outside of comics) than Dick.

#45 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Definitely Tim. In a few years, I think he'll be more iconic (outside of comics) than Dick. "
I'm not so sure about that..but who knows
#46 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephanie  Brown lol 

Anyone know who Robin 3000 is lol?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.