Which Robin would Do best in a solo series?

#1 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

The Robin who has a solo series

#3 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

It's which character would do best AS ROBIN! This is not counting Tim's series and for the sake of argument if you can't then just think of it as a completley new writer for the series. Also, which writer would be best at writing the one you voted for? 

#4 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

For me I think Damian would do best.

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

I never considered Steph a Robin.

#6 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: I consider her as Robin!
#7 Edited by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB: But I am enjoying her run as Batgirl, is fun when she's with Damian.
#8 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
I just put in every #in continuity# Robin
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian and Jason should get they're own books

#10 Posted by TheTeenageWerewolf (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian works fantastically as a supporting player but on his own, (with the exception of the future stories with him as an adult), he kind of just falls apart. Same with Jason. Tim has really been the only Robin shown to be successfully capable of carrying his own series as Robin but now that he's Red Robin I doubt we'll ever see him as just Robin in his own series again. Same with Dick

#11 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheTeenageWerewolf:
How would Damian fall apart with no supporting characters? I don't think we've seen him in a book like that.
#12 Posted by Arkham J (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian gets my vote

#13 Posted by TheTeenageWerewolf (75 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53:  I just personally don't find him interesting enough to want to read about his solo adventures. And I think he works best when he's playing off of someone else like Tim, Dick, Stephanie, Alfred, etc. rather than working on his own
#14 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheTeenageWerewolf:
Then we agree to disagree.
#15 Posted by TheTeenageWerewolf (75 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53:  I mean, maybe after he's been around a few more years, ages a little, and decides to strike out on his own fighting the League of Assassins or something like that, that might be interesting. But for now I think he works PERFECTLY as a supporting character
#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

If Tim pulled it off so can Damian

#17 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Who voted for Jason?

#18 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian

#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
" Who voted for Jason? "
Me
#20 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
I thought you voted for Damian?...
#21 Posted by Dr.Strange86 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian would kill Tim in a solo series!

#22 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick and Tim.

#23 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, well dick and tim have had their own book but not as robin. jason had his limited, again not as robin, and steph has her own book as batgirl. like TheTeenageWerewolf said i think damian works as a supporting character and i don't think he'd be able to hang with his own book right now. but who knows he's still very young, let him grow up a bit and maybe we'll see. but then again, when robins grow up they tend to change aliases, so... damian could just as well get his own book, but probably not as robin.  idk, i say tim. just because he was the one who actually really wanted to and strived to be robin.

#24 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMIAN!!!!

THAT SERIES WOULD BE SO FUNNY! AND GREAT!
#25 Posted by King Saturn (222790 posts) - - Show Bio
screw Robin... give us a new Icon solo series... tired of this spit
#26 Posted by Dr.Strange86 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Damian and Jason together in a Robin series would KICK A**

#27 Posted by danhimself (21898 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps:  Tim had a Robin series that last 185 issues

I honestly just don't look at Damian as an official Robin for some reason...it just kind of popped into my head that I felt that way....like he tried to force himself into the position while Bruce was alive and was quickly dismissed.....and since Bruce didn't want Dick to be Batman then I don't really see him as truly Batman either and the only reason that Damian is Robin now is because Dick screwed Tim over and just kind of forced him out of the position....in my mind Dick and Damian are both just filling a role until Bruce gets back and approves of their actions
#28 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: whoops, totally skipped my mind as i was typing that up. that was the whole reason why i voted tim, was because he did already have a successful robin run.

i feel like this whole idea of a damian book being entertaining because he's a snarky, funny brat , to me is the reason why he makes a better supporting character. if he were to get a solo i feel like it'd end up like deadpool. not that he'd blow up in hype but just the way that they're handling his... eccentricities.
#29 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
  Tim works the best for a solo Robin series.  For one, he has a large supporting cast.  A very large supporting cast.  Secondly, he associates with much of the DC Universe, and has already garnered the respect of most of the DC Universe.  Third, Tim Drake-Wayne is just an amazing character, one of the best of the last decade.  For about two decades, he's been the humanizing factor of Bruce Wayne, and most of the Bat-Family.  Fourthly, he already has a pretty well endowed Rogue Gallery.  Lastly, he is the best Robin out of any to wear the mantle.  He's done the most with the mantle, and he actually wanted to wear the mantle, not to become a hero, but just to be Robin and to be by Batman's, Bruce Wayne's side.

And this is not including the fact that Tim had a series since 1991, 1991!  That's NINETEEN YEARS, NINETEEN YEARS!!! 

@King Saturn
said:
"screw Robin... give us a new Icon solo series... tired of this spit "
  QFT
#30 Posted by Dr.Strange86 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I say give Damian a few years more as Robin before he actually gets a solo series. That's my opinion

#31 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson

#32 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim

#33 Posted by Ultimate JSA (2840 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick or Tim
#34 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11701 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim  

#35 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim already did have a succesful series...so why is he here?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.