which robin is or was the best fighter

  • 73 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

all the robins are good fighters, but which is or was the best, i think its out of tim and dick.

#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick

Moderator
#3 Posted by Wildstar (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is the best, but every writer has to give each character his shine. So going off that, Dick is still the best.

#4 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson by far - the others should never have been invented.

#5 Posted by danhimself (22490 posts) - - Show Bio

dick is the better fighter while tim is the better detective...jason wasn't good at anything except getting beaten with crowbar

#6 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"dick is the better fighter while tim is the better detective...jason wasn't good at anything except getting beaten with crowbar"

lol, yeah but i think tim is not far behind dick in fighting skill, tim is still one of the best fighters in the DCU
#7 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"dick is the better fighter while tim is the better detective...jason wasn't good at anything except getting beaten with crowbar"
I respectfully disagree... Jason was great at killing people and driving Bruce completely batty!
#8 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Um this would be the same Jason todd who thought shiva to a stand still at 15 right.

#9 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
Final Arrow said:
"Um this would be the same Jason todd who thought shiva to a stand still at 15 right."
When was that??? I know Tim went to Shiva for training... I know Cassie beat her... but when did she and Jason ever even meet???
#10 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

He did at one point Batman even thought that Shiva was his mother.

#11 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't tim beat batgirl in bludhavan when the penguin forced them to fight each other.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Dickie.

Moderator
#13 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
blade hunter said:
"didn't tim beat batgirl in bludhavan when the penguin forced them to fight each other."
No Im pretty sure that it was the other way around, and Batman has even told Tim he couldn't beat Cassie.

Vance Astro said:
"Dickie."
Yup.

#14 Posted by Feral Nova (46603 posts) - - Show Bio
blade hunter said:
"didn't tim beat batgirl in bludhavan when the penguin forced them to fight each other."
Nope he didnt ^^

Because she is able to 'read' peoples movements it was easier to make it look like SHE lost, because she was able to 'see' what Tim was going to do before he did it. So everytime he threw a punch she knew it before hand and was able to make it look like she was taking full blows when she really wasnt.

lol Cassandra rocks XD
#15 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
Final Arrow said:
"He did at one point Batman even thought that Shiva was his mother."
That's twisted... what comic did that happen in??? I swear Bats and Shiva should just get together, all his kids turn out to be hers anyway...
#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
blade hunter said:
"danhimself said:
"dick is the better fighter while tim is the better detective...jason wasn't good at anything except getting beaten with crowbar"

lol, yeah but i think tim is not far behind dick in fighting skill, tim is still one of the best fighters in the DCU"

umm no

Without any order this guys come to mind that are better than Tim (most of them by far) in hand to hand combat, I put a list but there may be more

Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva, Batgirl, Connor Hawke, Batman, Karate Kid, Nightwing, Jason Todd, Spoiler, Kobra, Deathstroke, Superman (that´s right), Azrael, Wonder Woman, Manhunter, Black Canary, Damian Wayne,  Starfire, Donna Troy, original Question

Final Arrow
said:
"He did at one point Batman even thought that Shiva was his mother."
That was Batman and Jason vs Shiva.....

Dick (as Robin) and Tim (trained) fought during Zero Hour, it was there explained that Dick is a much better fighter than Tim while Tim is a much better detective than Dick.


#17 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Dick
2. Tim
3. Jason
4. Stephanie

#18 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Dick
2. Jason
3. Tim
4. Stephanie

#19 Edited by inferiorego (22983 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Jason
2. Dick
3. Damien
4. Tim
5.  Stephanie

Staff
#20 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"1. Jason
2. Dick
3. Damien
4. Tim
5.  Stephanie
"

Jason isn't better than Richard.

Jason has more strength than Tim, but if Tim buffef up, would he be able to beat him when their strength were to be equal?
#21 Posted by inferiorego (22983 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
"inferiorego said:
"1. Jason
2. Dick
3. Damien
4. Tim
5.  Stephanie
"

Jason isn't better than Richard.

Jason has more strength than Tim, but if Tim buffef up, would he be able to beat him when their strength were to be equal?"
Jason is willing to go farther when fighting, hence he doesn't hold back.

P.S. Every time you reply to someone, all I can imagine is your avatar as your real face.
Staff
#22 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Supreme Marvel said:
"inferiorego said:
"1. Jason
2. Dick
3. Damien
4. Tim
5.  Stephanie
"

Jason isn't better than Richard.

Jason has more strength than Tim, but if Tim buffef up, would he be able to beat him when their strength were to be equal?"
Jason is willing to go farther when fighting, hence he doesn't hold back.

P.S. Every time you reply to someone, all I can imagine is your avatar as your real face."
Lol. It is most of the time.

But if Dick beats the crap out of him without going 'all out', what happens when he does. Correct me if am wrong but arn't these battles supposed to be the people going all out anyway?
#23 Posted by inferiorego (22983 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
"inferiorego said:
"Supreme Marvel said:
"inferiorego said:
"1. Jason
2. Dick
3. Damien
4. Tim
5.  Stephanie
"

Jason isn't better than Richard.

Jason has more strength than Tim, but if Tim buffef up, would he be able to beat him when their strength were to be equal?"
Jason is willing to go farther when fighting, hence he doesn't hold back.

P.S. Every time you reply to someone, all I can imagine is your avatar as your real face."
Lol. It is most of the time.

But if Dick beats the crap out of him without going 'all out', what happens when he does. Correct me if am wrong but arn't these battles supposed to be the people going all out anyway?"
The still have character quirks, follow their own morals, etc.
Staff
#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason could only hold a fight to a Dick that was holding back, not holding back like when he fights criminals but he also fought him with less than that because he is still his brother

  1. Dick
  2. Stephanie
  3. Jason
  4. Tim
#25 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Jason could only hold a fight to a Dick that was holding back, not holding back like when he fights criminals but he also fought him with less than that because he is still his brother

  1. Dick
  2. Stephanie
  3. Jason
  4. Tim
"
             I agree with what you're saying but Jason is the second best fighter.
#26 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
  1. Dick
  2. Stephanie
  3. Jason
  4. Tim
Why is Stephanie the second best? What qualifies her?
#27 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter knows his fighters. I 99% agreeing with him. Theres always 1% chances hes not.

#28 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not telling she's not the second best, I'm just wanted to know more about it. - I've never seen her fighting a lot so I have no idea.

#29 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"Nighthunter said:
  1. Dick
  2. Stephanie
  3. Jason
  4. Tim
Why is Stephanie the second best? What qualifies her?
"
I seem to recall Batman or Oracle saying that Steph was better than Jason ever was (before the ressurection) not sure though

Batgirl said that Tim couldn't be compared to Steph in hand to hand combat
#30 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
"Nighthunter knows his fighters. I 99% agreeing with him. Theres always 1% chances hes not."
lol thanks man
#31 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio

If Stephanie a better fighter then Jason then how come she lost a fight with Black Mask?

#32 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"If Stephanie a better fighter then Jason then how come she lost a fight with Black Mask?"
how did the Joker beat him that easy? :P
#33 Posted by inferiorego (22983 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"NightFang said:
"If Stephanie a better fighter then Jason then how come she lost a fight with Black Mask?"
how did the Joker beat him that easy? :P"
how did Catwoman kill him?
We can do this forever, everyone has had their chance to beat him up.
Staff
#34 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio


Nighthunter said:
"NightFang said:
"If Stephanie a better fighter then Jason then how come she lost a fight with Black Mask?"
how did the Joker beat him that easy? :P"
             You have a point there but he could have become a better fight.

inferiorego said:
"Nighthunter said:
"NightFang said:
"If Stephanie a better fighter then Jason then how come she lost a fight with Black Mask?"
how did the Joker beat him that easy? :P"
how did Catwoman kill him?
We can do this forever, everyone has had their chance to beat him up."
              She shoot him in the head dude.
#35 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Dick
  2. tim
  3. steph [spoiler]
  4. jason [not even close to dick and tim]
#36 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I seem to recall Batman or Oracle saying that Steph was better than Jason ever was (before the ressurection) not sure though

Batgirl said that Tim couldn't be compared to Steph in hand to hand combat"

That's very cool!
#37 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
tim beat batgirl and dont say he did'nt because iv just read the comic and it was a unriged fight because tim had a plan, one if he won [which he did] and one if he lost. he beat his future, fought nightwing to a standstill plus some of batmans enamys so........
#38 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio
blade hunter said:
"
tim beat batgirl and dont say he did'nt because iv just read the comic and it was a unriged fight because tim had a plan, one if he won [which he did] and one if he lost. he beat his future, fought nightwing to a standstill plus some of batmans enamys so........
"
             Tim does fight Jason Todd to a standstill in Batman R.I.P.
            
#39 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
blade hunter said:
"
tim beat batgirl and dont say he did'nt because iv just read the comic and it was a unriged fight because tim had a plan, one if he won [which he did] and one if he lost. he beat his future, fought nightwing to a standstill plus some of batmans enamys so........

"
  • That fight is bullsh!t, Robin beat Batgirl just because he ain't using a combat style and just throws punches? pff yeah right
  • Beating his own future self doesn't mean anything when he wasn't shown in the entire story to have hand to hand skills and just talked smart and shot his enemies, something that he couldn't do to Tim because it would have been suicide
  • Wrong, he didn't fight Nightwing to a standstill, he didn't even touch him untl when both of them were attacking I-ching and he jumped to avoid it, making the two of them hit each other. THat was a well thought fight in my opinion, Nightwing wouldn't attack Robin because he is trying to make him come back to his senses and Tim shouldn't be able to even touch Dick.
#40 Posted by King Goku (312 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Dick 

2.Tim
3.Jason
4.Stephanie
5.Damian
#41 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio

King Goku said:

"1.Dick 
2.Tim
3.Jason
4.Stephanie
5.Damian
"

            1. Dick 
            2. Tim
            3. Jason
            4. Damian
            5. Stephanie

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
King Goku said:
"1.Dick 
2.Tim
3.Jason
4.Stephanie
5.Damian
"

Moderator
#43 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim has had way more training then Dick had when he was Robin, so if we're talking just as Robin and not including Dick now as Nightwing I think Tim at present could beat Dick's ass when Dick was Robin.  The only thing Dick would have going for him would be his agility.
(if you read a pun in there it was intentional)

#44 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Jason and Damian have beaten tim, stephanie is established to be better...

walker-Dick as Robin beat Tim

#45 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason Damian beat Tim is because he was willing to kill, Tim won't kill.  Tim has control something Jason and Damian do not have. 
Tim is always underestimated, right now in the comics Tim has what it takes to hold his own in a fair fight.  Jason and Damian do not fight fair.  Damian has never officially been Robin, and I still can't see Jason when he was Robin being able to beat Tim as Robin now. 

#46 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Both Jason and Damian have beaten tim, stephanie is established to be better...

walker-Dick as Robin beat Tim"
             Don't forget Tim fights Jason and Damian to a second standstill in btoh The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul and Batman R.I.P.

             ( P.S. Tim almost kill's Damian when he thought he was attacking
#47 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark Walker said:
"The only reason Damian beat Tim is because he was willing to kill, Tim won't kill.
Aiming to kill or not doesn't determine if they are more skilled or not
#48 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
Damian also sucker punched Tim first time they fought [i say fought, damain struggeled to hit tim] but second time damain got his asses handed to him by tim.
#49 Posted by NightFang (9976 posts) - - Show Bio
blade hunter said:
"
Damian also sucker punched Tim first time they fought [i say fought, damain struggeled to hit tim] but second time damain got his asses handed to him by tim.
"
             Like I said befor Tim was going to kill Damian because he thought Damian was attacking Alfred.
#50 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"If Stephanie a better fighter then Jason then how come she lost a fight with Black Mask?"
Umm, she didn't? She beat him up quite easily, and then while she was laying there, she decided not to kill him so he took advantage of her kindness and tripped her or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.