The costume

#1 Posted by RiddleMeThis (42 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Batman wears the whole batsuit as a scare-tactic and to mask his identity, wheras Robin could do fine with a domino mask and a utility belt... right? 
Is it bullet-proof or knife resistant? Because it isn't really as scary as Batmans... 
Maybe i'm missing something?
#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Robins suit is bullet proof it is bright since Dick Grayson being a better gymnast and faster than Bruce he could swing and hop around distracting the enemies while Bruce sneaks up and beats  them up that is also why he used to wear yellow on his chest to draw fire to the armor instead of his face

#3 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
Thats pretty cold blooded if you really think about i, he dresses his sidekick in bright colors so he's the one they will try to shoot! Damn funny though.
#4 Posted by RiddleMeThis (42 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:
Ah right, thanks.
#5 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" Thats pretty cold blooded if you really think about i, he dresses his sidekick in bright colors so he's the one they will try to shoot! Damn funny though. "
It is safer he has armor on and all he is doing is running away Batman is taking the worse of it getting up close
#6 Posted by Night Thrasher (3597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: Yeah, but wasn't he like 12 at the time? Batman is soooo not babysitting for me....ever!
#7 Edited by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" @Green Skin said:

" Thats pretty cold blooded if you really think about i, he dresses his sidekick in bright colors so he's the one they will try to shoot! Damn funny though. "
It is safer he has armor on and all he is doing is running away Batman is taking the worse of it getting up close "
I don't know dude, that early costume didn't look too armored.  Not to mention no coverage on arms or legs. Perhaps he didn't really like Dick in the beginning, lol.
Batman hiding behind his bullet shield.
#8 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: Yes it is talked about how it was made from the same Kevlar as Bruce's and the limbs were not covered for mobility and it was based off of Robin's acrobat costume from The Flying Grayson's
#9 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Green Skin: Yes it is talked about how it was made from the same Kevlar as Bruce's and the limbs were not covered for mobility and it was based off of Robin's acrobat costume from The Flying Grayson's "
I 'm very well aware :-P
#10 Posted by LowelltheFirst (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe the clash in Batman's and Robin's costumes shows the diversity in ideas in comics.  Batman in black, and Robin in red and yellow with green hot pants.  You don't know what to think of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.