Shouldn't kids play robin in movies

Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio

why are adults playing robin it should have been a kid or at least a teen or pre teen 

#1 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because minors can't do their own stunts.

#2 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Filmmakers choose to play Robin(Dick Grayson) closer to his "Nightwing" age person. Kid sidekicks don't translate well onscreen, plus it raises the issue of child endangerment, which could prove a PR nightmare. So they make Robin older so that he's less of a sidekick, and more of a partner to Batman

#3 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because kids are worse than dogs in movies. Episode 1.

#4 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree we need some kids as robins or at least teen agers

#5 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
Probably because kids are worse than dogs in movies. Episode 1.
Totally agree... although I think a lot of it has to do with children and stunts. There are probably rules Hollywood has to follow about doing certain stunts and what not with children, also children can only spend so much time on camera, stupid child working laws.
#6 Posted by The Stegman (20786 posts) - - Show Bio

because "Kickass" aside, its highly impractical to have a kid sidekick, especially in a Nolanverse Batman, i don't care how good of an acrobat the kid is, he's not taking down a full grown (and armed) man very easily, if anything he gets shot, and no one wants to see a kid get shot

#7 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Monkey see, Monkey do.

#8 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see them actually get kids to play Robin but they wouldn't really be actors you'd want in a big block-buster action film.

#9 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkBird said:

why are adults playing robin it should have been a kid or at least a teen or pre teen

With Batman films comes the expectation of realistic violence (unless you'd prefer we go back to the 1960s toony Batman).

In America, we tend to balk at putting children in positions where they have to witness, doll out, or receive realistic violence.

Hence, no kid Robin in movies.

Also, what movies are you talking about? Robin hasn't been in a live action movie since the mid-late 90s, and the 60s before that.

#10 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't happen because in a live action movie it becomes obvious how morally reprehensible it would be to turn a child into a vigilante.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.