Robin doesn't exist.

• 58 results
#1 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flying Graysons either didn't have a son, or that son died too. When Bruce saw the dying Graysons at the circus, he flashed back to that painful memory when his parents died. This led him to hallucinate a child who wanted revenge for his parents murder, just like young Bruce. Basically the Robin hallucination is what Wayne wishes he could have been when his parents died but couldn't due to lack of training and skills. That is "Robin" is a manifestation of a repressed element of his personality. The original Robin is Bruce's childhood happiness that was destroyed by the murder of his parents, as well as his belief that his parents could be quickly avenged. "Jason Todd" is a reflection of Bruce's early bratty personality and "Tim Drake" is an reflection of Bruce's innate intelligence. Together they paint a portrait of the Bruce Wayne who lost his parents all those years ago. He was a happy child, if occasionally moody/given to temper tantrums, and very bright. All of the other sidekicks are additionally either parts of Bruce's tortured personality, or remnants of memories of his lost parents.

• That would certainly explain why the Robins all look just like a young Bruce Wayne.
    • Or why Dick Grayson was allowed to go live with some random rich guy. Apparently his family didn't have any friends in the circus?
    • Or why a character like Batman, who relies heavily on stealth, has a partner who wears bright red, yellow, and green. It doesn't matter, because no one else can see Robin.

Dont move this to Robin plase, no one cares about that forum.

Also:

Joker is Batman, and a god, and has pocket dimension meetings, and is Deadpool

One day, Deadpool got godly powers. He created many dimensions based on his dreams and then went into one of them. He can hop around. In those dreams, he plays Bruce Wayne/Batman, the good part of his mind. He also, unknowingly, splits off his bad part, the Joker. Their fighting is part of his moral problems. The bad parts meet up to plot and talk.

Sorry, but i have to post this bizarre idea.

#2 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay?

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

That's an interesting opinion based on what again?

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
That's an interesting opinion based on what again?
Agreed on both points.
#5 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: @ReVamp: In the fact all of them look like Bruce and act as a part of the personallity of Bruce.

That is "Robin" is a manifestation of a repressed element of his personality. The original Robin is Bruce's childhood happiness that was destroyed by the murder of his parents, as well as his belief that his parents could be quickly avenged. "Jason Todd" is a reflection of Bruce's early bratty personality and "Tim Drake" is an reflection of Bruce's innateintelligence

Together they paint a portrait of the Bruce Wayne who lost his parents all those years ago. He was a happy child, if occasionally moody/given to temper tantrums, and very bright. All of the other sidekicks are additionally either parts of Bruce's tortured personality, or remnants of memories of his lost parents.

Dick Grayson = Happy Brucie

Jason Todd = Angry Brucie

Tim Drake = Smart Brucie

Also it could be, that the fact they are like him is the reason why he let them be Robin, since they were pretty much him, they could became something like Batman.

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: Its a pretty good idea for a fan-fic or a what-if scenario, but not really feasible to say it happens in mainstream universes.
#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32132 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: and the fact that all the Robins have interacted with numerous other characters in the universe means what?
#8 Posted by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the Robins aren't real? Time to remove all the Robins from all the issues!
BB

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: Its a pretty good idea for a fan-fic or a what-if scenario, but not really feasible to say it happens in mainstream universes.

Why not, i mean, i have watched many crazy things on the comic books, this makes more sense.

The whole origin of Cable is an example of an story that made no sense at all.

@spiderbat87 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: and the fact that all the Robins have interacted with numerous other characters in the universe means what?

They are afraid of telling Batman that the Robins are not real or meaby are just another guys and Batman changed them on his mind.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@DeathpooltheT1000: and the fact that all the Robins have interacted with numerous other characters in the universe means what?
exactly, 

@DeathpooltheT1000
said:

@TheCrowbar: @ReVamp: In the fact all of them look like Bruce and act as a part of the personallity of Bruce.

That is "Robin" is a manifestation of a repressed element of his personality. The original Robin is Bruce's childhood happiness that was destroyed by the murder of his parents, as well as his belief that his parents could be quickly avenged. "Jason Todd" is a reflection of Bruce's early bratty personality and "Tim Drake" is an reflection of Bruce's innateintelligence

Together they paint a portrait of the Bruce Wayne who lost his parents all those years ago. He was a happy child, if occasionally moody/given to temper tantrums, and very bright. All of the other sidekicks are additionally either parts of Bruce's tortured personality, or remnants of memories of his lost parents.

Dick Grayson = Happy Brucie

Jason Todd = Angry Brucie

Tim Drake = Smart Brucie

Also it could be, that the fact they are like him is the reason why he let them be Robin, since they were pretty much him, they could became something like Batman.

They actually dont look that much like Bruce other than hair and eye color. they have different builds, facial structures, etc. plus all of them have acted independantly from batman with multiple characters in the dc universe and so on and so forth. what about Damian and Stephanie? 
#11 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

So, the Robins aren't real? Time to remove all the Robins from all the issues!
BB

Epic comment.
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@ReVamp said:

Why not, i mean, i have watched many crazy things on the comic books, this makes more sense.

@spiderbat87 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: and the fact that all the Robins have interacted with numerous other characters in the universe means what?

They are afraid of telling Batman that the Robins are not real or meaby are just another guys and Batman changed them on his mind.

They've been acknowledged by so many characters, unless you want to say that Bruce is making other see and hear things and that wouldn't make sense, or you can say that all of the DC Universe is just a figment of Bruce's imagination, its more feasible.
#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

...........that is the stupidest thing i can ever heard. they never hesitate to tell other heroes when they are acting crazy. 

So Ravager tried to bone and imaginary person to keep Batman from knowing that he's crazy?
#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Dead Pool: @TheCrowbar: @ReVamp: @spiderbat87: @Billy Batson: @Avenging-X-Bolt: Bruce Wayne is a catatonic patient in an asylum, and all of the Batman's adventures are just his delusions

No less than three of his villains are psychiatrists (Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, and Hugo Strange). Joker is obviously another patient in the asylum, who has an exaggerated slight unrequited love or freindship from Harley, and (sexual) feuds with Bruce. The tonal differences in different periods of Batman's history is due to different medication regimes. Arkham Asylum comes up time and time again. His fellow "crimefighters" follow this: Commisioner Gordon is a police officer who sympathizes with the delusional Batman, Batgirl is Gordon's daughter, who followed along with the Batman story for a while, who became a police officer and subsequently lost her legs in a gunfire incident that Batman's mind interpreted as fault of the Joker, went on to become a computer worker who has friends in the aviary sciences, Alfred the butler is either a prison worker or a family friend, who tells many tales of things that constitute the Batman's arsenal of weapons and fightring styles, but some medical affliction kept him from becoming a crimefighter in his own right, etc. any incidents in which Batman has his TRULY dead family (what drove him insane, really) brought back to him is an ill-advised combination of a shortage of drugs and a necessary treatment change and lucid dreaming in an unstable mental treatment. The Justice League and other "heroes" was something from a television Show Within a Show that he had the luxury of watching several times, or people with different medical afflictions he consistently met when he required hospital treatment in other wings, and Gotham's existance is probably the name of the hospital or the area where the asylum stands. If he writes two series of novels, one of the Batman fantasies and another of his true situation, that would be subject to a GREAT series of Lemony Narrator class writers, and... well, you can probably guess. Also, if this theory is true, BRUCE WAYNE IS THE WRITER OF DC COMICS!?!?!

Superman is the kindly idealistic male nurse father figure, while Wonder Woman is the motherly psychiatrist. The Flash is the resident chemist, and Green Lanterns are the guards. It started so optimistic because he was sent there as a child, but he is getting older.

That explain everything, did you think a sane person, would use his underware over his pants?

#14 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

...........that is the stupidest thing i can ever heard. they never hesitate to tell other heroes when they are acting crazy.  So Ravager tried to bone and imaginary person to keep Batman from knowing that he's crazy?
Yes! She's caring that way!
#15 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000

Man I wish I had your reach, I could dunk while standing.
#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

So, exactly how drunk are you?

#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

...........that is the stupidest thing i can ever heard. they never hesitate to tell other heroes when they are acting crazy.  So Ravager tried to bone and imaginary person to keep Batman from knowing that he's crazy?
.....so Damian must be Bruce's latent homicidal urges, and Stephanie must be his feminine side. see i can play too!!!!!
#18 Posted by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

and Barbara used to be his inner cripple.
BB

#19 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: Man I wish I had your reach, I could dunk while standing.

What?????

@InnerVenom123 said:

Patrick Bateman is The Joker.

Following such a strict order and living the way Bateman does, it'd be a wonder if anyone didn't go insane from his routine. He eventually went insane and changed his look to match in order to be "different." The Joker thrives on inducing chaos into systems, which is what Bateman seemed to be trying to do throughout the story. His reasons for not liking Batman besides the whole "He's a hero" thing probably also is because "Batman" is one letter off from "Bateman" and reminds him of his once orderly self.

That is why both of them are Christian Bale, Heath and Chiristian were the same guy in this movie about i think a folk singer.

You see, The Joker and Batman are in some bizarre way the same person.

#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Following such a strict order and living the way Bateman does, it'd be a wonder if anyone didn't go insane from his routine. He eventually went insane and changed his look to match in order to be "different." The Joker thrives on inducing chaos into systems, which is what Bateman seemed to be trying to do throughout the story. His reasons for not liking Batman besides the whole "He's a hero" thing probably also is because "Batman" is one letter off from "Bateman" and reminds him of his once orderly self.

That is why both of them are Christian Bale, Heath and Chiristian were the same guy in this movie about i think a folk singer.

So you're really, really, really, really, really f**king plastered. Got it.

#21 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

So you're really, really, really, really, really f**king plastered. Got it.

or just trolling
#22 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

wait... deadpools marvel...

#23 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

...........that is the stupidest thing i can ever heard. they never hesitate to tell other heroes when they are acting crazy. So Ravager tried to bone and imaginary person to keep Batman from knowing that he's crazy?
.....so Damian must be Bruce's latent homicidal urges, and Stephanie must be his feminine side. see i can play too!!!!!

All Robin are parts of him, Stephanie is his feminine side, but also is the side that dont know all his othersides.

That why she never knew about the other Robins, until Batman told her this things, also is the reason, why she never knew Matches Malone, is actually a character that Batman use.

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Barbara was Batgilr, not Robin.

#24 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

So this makes sense because I am an orange that loves backrubs from Elvies wearing a Native American hat in the White House?

#25 Posted by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000:

I know.
So everyone except Barbara is Batman?
BB

#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

...........that is the stupidest thing i can ever heard. they never hesitate to tell other heroes when they are acting crazy. So Ravager tried to bone and imaginary person to keep Batman from knowing that he's crazy?

All Robin are parts of him, Stephanie is his feminine side, but also is the side that dont know all his othersides.

That why she never knew about the other Robins, until Batman told her this things, also is the reason, why she never knew Matches Malone, is actually a character that Batman use.

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Barbara was Batgilr, not Robin.

uh huh whatever you say. well i think i've entertained this asinine farce for too long now. goodbye everyone
#27 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: .... yeah. This is the kind of thing you would suggest as an elseworld or fan fic, but not something you try to pass off as possible theory. In doing so, your kind of suggesting that every DC character and comic created was a joke from a crazy god person. If the only real character is crazy, than comics truly dont matter. See the flaw there? i hope so. Now lets find the flaws in everything else.

there is immediate flaw in your theory. Stephanie Brown. She is a blond girl who was a Robin. AND she knew about Tim before she knew about anyone else. She Doesnt look like Batman, and doesnt have any defining characteristics that she shares with bruce. Feminine side? really? And what about Damian? Bruce has never been a snobby assassin or disrespectful to those who deserved his respect.

Again. This would make a great fan fiction... but it needs to go in the fan fic section. Thats probably where a mod will put you.

#28 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:

I know.
BB

Bruce Wayne is a catatonic patient in an asylum, and all of the Batman's adventures are just his delusions

No less than three of his villains are psychiatrists (Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, and Hugo Strange). Joker is obviously another patient in the asylum, who has an exaggerated slight unrequited love or freindship from Harley, and (sexual) feuds with Bruce. The tonal differences in different periods of Batman's history is due to different medication regimes. Arkham Asylum comes up time and time again. His fellow "crimefighters" follow this: Commisioner Gordon is a police officer who sympathizes with the delusional Batman, Batgirl is Gordon's daughter, who followed along with the Batman story for a while, who became a police officer and subsequently lost her legs in a gunfire incident that Batman's mind interpreted as fault of the Joker, went on to become a computer worker who has friends in the aviary sciences, Alfred the butler is either a prison worker or a family friend, who tells many tales of things that constitute the Batman's arsenal of weapons and fightring styles, but some medical affliction kept him from becoming a crimefighter in his own right, etc. any incidents in which Batman has his TRULY dead family (what drove him insane, really) brought back to him is an ill-advised combination of a shortage of drugs and a necessary treatment change and lucid dreaming in an unstable mental treatment. The Justice League and other "heroes" was something from a television Show Within a Show that he had the luxury of watching several times, or people with different medical afflictions he consistently met when he required hospital treatment in other wings, and Gotham's existance is probably the name of the hospital or the area where the asylum stands. If he writes two series of novels, one of the Batman fantasies and another of his true situation, that would be subject to a GREAT series of Lemony Narrator class writers, and... well, you can probably guess. Also, if this theory is true, BRUCE WAYNE IS THE WRITER OF DC COMICS!?!?!

Superman is the kindly idealistic male nurse father figure, while Wonder Woman is the motherly psychiatrist. The Flash is the resident chemist, and Green Lanterns are the guards. It started so optimistic because he was sent there as a child, but he is getting older.

@Grim: @Avenging-X-Bolt: Some people cant just understand a joke!!!

Damian is the childish side of Bruce, the part that actually wants to kill people, Jason wants to punish them, do justice, Damian only wants to kill them.

Stephanie is the Side of Batman that, well i am not sure, to be honest, i am not sure why Stephanie was a Robin, the whole idea of the Robin are that are part of Bruce that he wants to save, that why all of them look to be part of his personallity, or who he was in other parts of his life.

#29 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman isn't real either.

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Billy Batson said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:

I know.
BB

Bruce Wayne is a catatonic patient in an asylum, and all of the Batman's adventures are just his delusions

@Grim: @Avenging-X-Bolt: Some people cant just understand a joke!!!

Damian is the childish side of Bruce, the part that actually wants to kill people, Jason wants to punish them, do justice, Damian only wants to kill them.

Stephanie is the Side of Batman that, well i am not sure, to be honest, i am not sure why Stephanie was a Robin, the whole idea of the Robin are that are part of Bruce that he wants to save, that why all of them look to be part of his personallity, or who he was in other parts of his life.

I understand the joke. it's just not funny. thats why i called it an asinine farce.
#31 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: you know how theres that guy who thinks hes hilarious and brilliant, but everyone thinks is weird, and so they show him no warmth and shut down his ideas in hopes that he has some sort of shame in his body that he can tap into and stop talking, but he doesnt, so everyone assumes hes special?

well, you've been posting about this idea for a while now, so i just kinda assumed...

#32 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Except Dick Grayson is one of the most if not the most well known hero in the Super hero world.

#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Except Dick Grayson is one of the most if not the most well known hero in the Super hero world.

Cmon why no one get this joke?

The whole idea was to show Robins will never be Batman becuase they are not a complete Batman.

#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

The whole idea was to show Robins will never be Batman becuase they are not a complete Batman.

People get it. They just don't think it's funny.

#35 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: Dick Grayson was Batman and he is even better a hero than batman when he is being Nightwing

#36 Edited by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

um, Dick Grayson was Batman and Damian is going to be Batman according to Morrison.
BB

#37 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

...Then who the f*ck is leading the Teen Titans?

#38 Posted by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

...Then who the f*ck is leading the Teen Titans?

Batman, pay attention.
BB

#39 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Ok...

Then who the f*ck did the Joker kill in Death in the Family? By this logic, Batman was trapped in a warehouse, beaten with a crowbar, and blown the hell up by the Joker. Then Batman rose from the ashes (like a phoenix) and got on his motorcycle, drove back to the now destroyed warehouse and carried himself out of the rubble.

#40 Posted by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

Yeah, exactly and he had sex with Talia and she gave birth to Batman.
BB

#41 Posted by Saren (25225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Then who the f*ck did the Joker kill in Death in the Family? By this logic, Batman was trapped in a warehouse, beaten with a crowbar, and blown the hell up by the Joker. Then Batman rose from the ashes (like a phoenix) and got on his motorcycle, drove back to the now destroyed warehouse and carried himself out of the rubble.

Also, all the times Tim and Damien fought, means Batman was punching himself in the face and kicking himself off buildings.

#42 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

OP is kinda off. It's okay to be a little off, the key is to realize it and mitigate it by resisting the urge to be weird. It doesn't mean you're a bad person, it just means that you're upsetting the social dynamic by not conforming. People get really bent out of shape by that and will punish you for it. Social ties are important and deserve respect.

#43 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Lol

#44 Posted by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

oh wait he said Batman is the Joker too.
BB

#45 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

this makes this thread all worth it

#46 Posted by Billy Batson (57705 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

this makes this thread all worth it

please join.
BB

#47 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Besides the fact that one of the most famous living men in North America is not "i think a folk singer"...you are clearly misinformed because Heath and Christian are different characters in the movie...

#48 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Batman trapped himself in a warehouse. Batman beat himself with a crowbar. Batman blew it up while he was inside. Batman rose from the ashes and left. Batman got on his motorcycle and came back to the now destroyed warehouse. Batman found himself in the rubble and carried himself out. Batman went on to track himself down and apprehend himself.

It all makes sense now...

#49 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Besides the fact that one of the most famous living men in North America is not "i think a folk singer"...you are clearly misinformed because Heath and Christian are different characters in the movie...

All of them were Bob Dylan in the movie, that the reason why Heath says, is everything about him and point the name of the "character" of Christian Bale, he let clear both of them are part of the same person, but the Joker feel all the people only care about Batman.

Since everybody in the DCU is Batman, Richard Gere who was also Bob Dylan with another name, is Deathstroke, that why Deahstroke some times acts like Batman, or is the Batman or the Millerverse.

@Billy Batson: @DEGRAAF:@Gambit1024: Oh cmon, just becuase you use a Batman suit, dont mean you are Batman, if it was that easy, Jason was Batman too and Tim Drake, heck even i used a Batman costume once, Howard Wolowitz was Batman?

Everything in the DC universe happens in the mind of Bruce Wayne.

@Gambit1024 said:

@Billy Batson: Batman trapped himself in a warehouse. Batman beat himself with a crowbar. Batman blew it up while he was inside. Batman rose from the ashes and left. Batman got on his motorcycle and came back to the now destroyed warehouse. Batman found himself in the rubble and carried himself out. Batman went on to track himself down and apprehend himself.

It all makes sense now...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/is-batman-unbeatable-with-10-years-of-prep/636802/

I mean, most of people think no one can beat Batman

#50 Posted by danhimself (22216 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.