How You'll Play as Robin in Batman: Arkham City

• 156 results
Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time for some Batman: Arkham City news that will excite fans of Robin and Tim Drake. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment have confirmed that Robin will be a fully playable character...in the new and improved challenge mode.

There's a catch. Not everyone will be able to play as Robin. Tim Drake will be available to North American fans who pre-order the game from Best Buy on any of the platforms it's available on.

What makes Robin different? Besides being a little shorter and having less pointy ears, he'll come complete with his own set of special moves and gadgets. That means it's not just a generic render slapped on top of an existing character model. Robin will be playable in all challenge maps in the game. There will also be two additional maps included with the pack, Black Mask Hideout and Freight Train Escape.

If that wasn't enough for Tim Drake fans, there will also be a bonus Red Robin character skin.

This is great news for North American Robin fans but a bit of a bummer for others. As we get closer to the release date this Fall, we'll have to see if any other characters renders become available if you pre-order the game at other retailers. Hopefully that won't be the case. I'd hate to have to choose between exclusive available characters.

#1 Posted by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

TIM DRAKE, buying.  Nothing else about it.  Finally Tim get's some recognition.

#2 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

That's great, can't wait to play this

#3 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome! I have to go to Gamestop to move my pre-order cash over to Call of Duty: MW3 so I can go pre-order this at Best Buy!

#4 Posted by <the skull> (244 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm i cant afford pre order... or can i?!?!?!?!?

#5 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

looks more like a tall Damien to me.

#6 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

WANT.

#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's his hair?

#8 Posted by sj_esposito (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool. That's quite a different look for Tim. It doesn't really resemble him, but it's kind of a cool change.

#9 Posted by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited! This makes what looks to be a great game even better!

#10 Posted by BlackRoseTessa (59 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully game or gamestation in the uk will have the same , i will so get it lol
#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of Batman and Robin....

#12 Posted by Quixotist (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim's great; probably my favorite Robin. But I can't help but think they're holding out of Dick fans. It might be a little selfish (Nightwing is my favorite DC Comics character) but I think it's a bit strange they decided to include Tim Drake as Robin and Selina Kyle as Catwoman, but not Dick Grayson as Nightwing (he obviously is Nightwing at this point). 

The Red Robin skin is great, but I want Nightwing.

#13 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to get this

#14 Posted by B_Heart (151 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Tim Drake, but I can't pre-order, so I guess I'll miss out on robin. Hopefully they make it a dlc later on down the road.

#15 Posted by cmaprice (817 posts) - - Show Bio

A month or two after release, this'll be DLC anyway.

#16 Edited by cosmo111687 (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Tim Drake and really excited that they'll also include Red Robin skin...but...where's his hair? He looks like a soccer hooligan. I want to play as the Boy Wonder not the Teenage Delinquent.

#17 Edited by ImperiousRix (1050 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I wanna definitely pre-order this game from Best Buy. 
I'm glad Robin's getting some love, and there ain't no better Robin than Tim Drake in my opinion! 
EDIT: Oh, and I totally posted this story already on the Tim Drake forum.  Hooray for being ahead of the NEWS curve!

#18 Posted by HaHaManHV (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, there are like 3 typos in the description on the home page 

BUT YESSSSS! Red Robin skin is the icing on the cake for me!

#19 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Heard about it a while ago. Just hadn't seen the picture until now. Now I just need to hope for Nightwing and I'm good. Also, throw Red Hood somewhere in the story.

#20 Posted by Icon (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Robin look like a skin-head?

#21 Posted by Moncole (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin is so ugly

#22 Posted by pspin (894 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like robin from the movies.... probably not the best move....
#23 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like an older Damian Wayne? But whatever I guess...I was hoping for Dick, but there you go...

#24 Posted by Sawcesome (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Only at Best Buy?  I preordered this at GameStop back in January.  Damn.

#25 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Einherji said:
Tim's great; probably my favorite Robin. But I can't help but think they're holding out of Dick fans. It might be a little selfish (Nightwing is my favorite DC Comics character) but I think it's a bit strange they decided to include Tim Drake as Robin and Selina Kyle as Catwoman, but not Dick Grayson as Nightwing (he obviously is Nightwing at this point). 

The Red Robin skin is great, but I want Nightwing.
Maybe the idea is that Robin/Red Robin is downloadable but maybe Nightwing comes standard and they just haven't told us yet?
#26 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7964 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool I won't pay to download it when it becomes available though, which it will.

#27 Posted by Blindside002 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

DEAR GOD THIS JUST MADE IT THE BEST GAME EVER! I get to play as Batman, Catwoman, and Tim drake?! You get my money, bravo.

#28 Posted by harleyquinnhawkgirl (300 posts) - - Show Bio

yesss this is getting even more awesome i would really like it if they incorporated cassandra cain but hey this is good for now. this hair style looks like the one from the movies ahhahah!
#29 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Drake? Sold. Tho, I'm not too fond of the look. Maybe his Red Robin outfit will be better.

#30 Posted by Asok (335 posts) - - Show Bio

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHQQQQ!     HARD DECISION IS HARD!

#31 Posted by ziplizard (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that honestly what Tim Drake is going to look like in the games? Because right now that guy looks like the InFamous guy, but with a stick and a "R" on his chest.

#32 Posted by Quixotist (35 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mighty Monarch:  

I truly, madly, deeply hope this is the case lol
#33 Posted by The Sadhu (848 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they release him outside the US
#34 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

very kool
#35 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me or does he look like eminem?  

#36 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

wow that's kool
#37 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure he'll be DLC to everyone everywhere at some point 
#38 Edited by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

BUYING but I want one for Nightwing

#39 Posted by Angeni (5084 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY!!!! :D

#40 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2215 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon said:

Having a buzz cut makes you look like a skin head?  Does that mean I look like a skin head?
#41 Posted by SpiritGoat (25 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's Chris O' donnel robin the model

#42 Posted by mark5 (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes YES YES!!!

#43 Posted by shawn87 (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

Design looks awesome

#44 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't going to get this game. I never buy comic book video games. 

Now I am. Eventually.

#45 Edited by Xenozoic Shaman (404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:

Where's his hair?

@Icon said:

I'm ecstatic that they're adding Tim, but I agree...  What's with his hair?

Also, store exclusives suck.  If you're going to do that, make it free at that store, but a paid download on-line, for those that can't get to it or lack that store in their area.
#46 Posted by DomDom (998 posts) - - Show Bio

My lil sis is gonna go nutz over this news! (she loves Timmy) 
Pre-order...we must! =D
#47 Posted by longbowhunter (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont even play video games, but I'm such a big Tim Drake fan this is an exception for sure.
#48 Posted by StarKiller809 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to get Robin, but I don't have any Best Buys near my house.
#49 Posted by TheNameIsWayne (44 posts) - - Show Bio

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :( thats idiotic... Im paying the same amount of money as another person and just because i wanted it early and got it from somewhere else i dont get to play as robin :@ fuck you best buy

#50 Posted by Gawdzilla (375 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasgasmic: My thoughts exactly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.