Help please. Looking for a Robin storyline.

#1 Posted by BreakingTheFourthWall (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to read a story that focuses on the origin of Dick Grayson, but I don't know where to go for that.  

Preferably, I would like to read one that isn't super old (too corny) or super new (they can be overly contrived or you have to read crossovers or a lot of other issues, etc.). I really like those comics that are kind of in the middle: ones that have depth, but aren't trying too hard. But if there is no such comic that focuses on Grayson's origin, then I would go with the next best thing.  

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

#2 Posted by junkmasterzero (257 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want him as Robin you could try Robin: Year One, or if you want Nightwing you could pick up Nightwing issues 106-106, it deals with how he got his new identity.

#3 Edited by DeadlyWolverine (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Start reading Nightwing 101 - 106, I just read the first issue, it was amazing. This is the new origins you're looking for.

#4 Edited by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is first introduced as Robin in modern continuity in Batman: Dark Victory. Robin: Year One deals with his first year as Robin. Also, if you plan on getting Dark Victory, you should get Long Halloween if you are interested in the story as it's a follow up but if you're strictly only looking for Robin, then just get Dark Victory, but you may be a little confused without Long Halloween.

#5 Posted by junkmasterzero (257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc:  Forgot about Dark Victory, it's so good.
#6 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@junkmasterzero: I agree. It's overshadowed by Long Halloween but it's a good story.
#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@junkmasterzero said:
"If you want him as Robin you could try Robin: Year One. "
This.
#8 Posted by BreakingTheFourthWall (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks everyone for the great advice!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.