EARTH 2 Robin Design Revealed

  • 143 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by G-Man (30376 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday we saw the EARTH 2 designs for Batman by Jim Lee. Today, DC has revealed the designs for Robin by Kevin Maguire and it may not be quite what you'd expect.

That's right, some of you suspected after seeing the cover for WORLD'S FINEST #1 with Huntress and Power Girl. Huntress had a different costume in the back image with the letter 'R' on it.

Here's what EARTH 2 writer, James Robinson, had to say:

Helena Wayne has been taught how to be the perfect Robin. Assured as a detective, fighter, scientist, pilot and all around crime-fighter she’s been groomed by Batman to be the perfect caped manhunter (or should we say manHuntress) when she grows up.

Are you getting excited for EARTH 2? Apparently next week's HUNTRESS #6 will give some clues as to how she ended up on the "New 52" Earth.

Staff
#1 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

At least the Love story between bats and Robin will not be seen like a gay relationship, xD

#2 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arevish said:

At least the Love story between bats and Robin will not be seen like a gay relationship, xD

So now it's just incestuous? Worse.

#3 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

... I like this. Much better than Earth 2 Batman. Her hairdo evokes the sense of Earth 2 I think many of us were expecting.

#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

And I was curious about that after seeing the PG/Huntress pic. Not bad. I like it. Btw, so that means that PG used to be Supergirl back in Earth-2?

#5 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: Yes. That's how its always been.

#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: Well yeah, PG was always Supergirl's counterpart but she has never actually used that name to my knowledge.

#7 Posted by feargalr (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm loving the shade so I'll give this a shot at the very least, though I'm really really really not convinced if DC should be bringing in the multi-verse this soon after the new 52.

#8 Posted by inferiorego (21119 posts) - - Show Bio

I will continue to say this until I see some of it...

Where's my JSA?

Staff
#9 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: Ah. Actually I have no idea either. It would be reasonable to assume that's the case now though.

#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Isn't the JSA going to appear in that book?

@The Mighty Monarch: Yeah, most likely.

#11 Posted by foxandwall (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mbecks14 said:

@Arevish said:

At least the Love story between bats and Robin will not be seen like a gay relationship, xD

So now it's just incestuous? Worse.

Well, How about Robin of Earth two and Batman of new Earth?
#12 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: THey're supposed to, 99% sure DC confirmed it. But it's annoying that they're only showing us stuff for Earth 2's Trinity and nothing about the JSA.

#13 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

No pixie boots!!!

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch: Yeah, I remember reading an interview not that long ago saying that they would appear. Well I suppose at some point they will release their pics.

#15 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's too soon to introduce an alternate reality in the DCnU?

#16 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@Arevish said:

At least the Love story between bats and Robin will not be seen like a gay relationship, xD

So now it's just incestuous? Worse.

Hell no , wincest is hot dude and in some places legal. If Wanda and Pietro can do it so can the bat family

#17 Posted by jack78 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: Incestuous?

In Earth-2, Batman can't be Bruce Wayne, because Bruce Wayne is dead.

In Earth-2, Batman can't be Damian Wayne, because there is not Thalia Al'Goul in Earth-2.

In Earth-2, Batman is possibly Richard Grayson, so Helena Wayne and Dick's love story isn't incestuous.

#18 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

crazy!

#19 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch said:

@ComicMan24: THey're supposed to, 99% sure DC confirmed it. But it's annoying that they're only showing us stuff for Earth 2's Trinity and nothing about the JSA.

It is understandable to focus on the Trinity, they sell comics AND it gets us fans talking about it. The Trinity was JSA in the old days, but the members that people more tradtionally think about as JSA are showing up:

The May soliict states: Starring ALAN SCOTT, JAY GARRICK and many others!

Also, in early interview with Robinson he stated how excited he was to be using the unused JSA characters that weren't around pre-Flashpoint.

#20 Posted by inferiorego (21119 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@inferiorego: Isn't the JSA going to appear in that book?

@The Mighty Monarch: Yeah, most likely.

Yes, but I demand to see sketches of them.

Staff
#21 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@inferiorego: Isn't the JSA going to appear in that book?

@The Mighty Monarch: Yeah, most likely.

Yes, but I demand to see sketches of them.

Ohh yeah, me too. Really curious to see how different they are going to be.

#22 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack78 said:

@Mbecks14: Incestuous?

In Earth-2, Batman can't be Bruce Wayne, because Bruce Wayne is dead.

In Earth-2, Batman can't be Damian Wayne, because there is not Thalia Al'Goul in Earth-2.

In Earth-2, Batman is possibly Richard Grayson, so Helena Wayne and Dick's love story isn't incestuous.

There is absolutely no evidence that supports your statements whatsoever. Where did you hear ANY of this?

@ComicMan24 said:

@inferiorego: Isn't the JSA going to appear in that book?

Yeah they are, but the trinity is involved with them also. Personally, I think they're showing us the Trinity first because they WANT us to crave Alan, Jay, and Ted more and more. I personally want to see those three more than the trinity right now, as does EVERYone else, which is probably why DC is toying with us. Ya know?

Now the question begs, however, IF this is indeed Bruce..and Helena was Robin....does Dick exist?

#23 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when Earth-2 was supposed to be like the Golden Age. Yeah, that would of been interesting.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for Earth-3.

#24 Posted by jack78 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee:

Simply because without those things (and others) there is no Earth-2.

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat.

#26 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

@damswedon said:

Remember when Earth-2 was supposed to be like the Golden Age. Yeah, that would of been interesting.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for Earth-3.

Earth-3 is probably going to be one of the antimatter universes where good is evil and evil is good. Hopefully they don't screw that up

#27 Edited by The Mighty Monarch (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack78: New 52. Anything is possible. Not ANYTHING anything, but what you said is still up in the air for Earth 2.

And DC confirmed Batman is a Wayne.

And that's one of things people are worried about. If they change too much it's not 'Earth 2' as we know it, but technically DC can make Earth 2 whatever the hell they want it to be. Earth 2 could be populated by crossdressing sparkling werewolves who fart carrot dust if they wanted to. Just, nobody would buy it and people would be pissed off.

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

(Breaks desk his head hits it so hard)

#29 Posted by gangly (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack78 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee:

Simply because without those things (and others) there is no Earth-2.

I think their point is that those events you mentioned were in the pre-DCnU world. Now that we're post reboot, earth-2 is whatever they want it to be. And moreover, since things are changed in almost all of the main universe books, it would be odd if earth-2 events haven't been changed, at least slightly.

#30 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@damswedon said:

Remember when Earth-2 was supposed to be like the Golden Age. Yeah, that would of been interesting.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for Earth-3.

Earth-3 is probably going to be one of the antimatter universes where good is evil and evil is good. Hopefully they don't screw that up

Hope that too. Curious to see how that was affected by this whole situation.

#31 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I am amazed to see so many people are still apprehensive about DC developing the multiverse. I guess it makes sense as most new readers haven't been exposed to it, but the idea of James Robinson developing his own Earth should excite everybody, even more so when it involves him and the JSA.

#32 Posted by Billy Batson (57707 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL
BB

#33 Posted by jack78 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch:

Dick Grayson of Earth-2 was officially adopted by Bruce Wayne, so that thing made him a Wayne. I think this is the trick DC uses to cheat us

#34 Posted by inferiorego (21119 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

the idea of James Robinson developing his own Earth should excite everybody, even more so when it involves him and the JSA.

You just won the internet. Ultimate logic!

Staff
#35 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack78: Not necessarily, but its possible. Again, we have no confirmation that these events still occurred.

#36 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack78 said:

@The Mighty Monarch:

Dick Grayson of Earth-2 was officially adopted by Bruce Wayne, so that thing made him a Wayne. I think this is the trick DC uses to cheat us

There is no evidence or source that backs up your statements. Show me a link or scans of where you get your info from. This is the New 52, which means everything starts over. DC hasn't revealed much of anything about Earth-2. At all.

#37 Posted by movieartman (954 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: why would u want to see this huntress is the same as aways, and theyv destroyed Power girl

#38 Posted by inferiorego (21119 posts) - - Show Bio

@movieartman said:

@inferiorego: why would u want to see this huntress is the same as aways, and theyv destroyed Power girl

All I care about is how the JSA will be treated. They can do whatever they want to the other characters. I truly don't care. It's a new universe and I have complete faith that James Robinson will make it awesome.

Staff
#39 Posted by jack78 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch:

Other thigns will be unacceptable for me and some other people...

#40 Posted by inferiorego (21119 posts) - - Show Bio

@movieartman said:

@inferiorego: why would u want to see this huntress is the same as aways, and theyv destroyed Power girl

wait wait wait... how did they destroy Power Girl, by covering up her cleavage?

Staff
#41 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

I am amazed to see so many people are still apprehensive about DC developing the multiverse. I guess it makes sense as most new readers haven't been exposed to it, but the idea of James Robinson developing his own Earth should excite everybody, even more so when it involves him and the JSA.

As a new reader I resent that the so many of DC's readers think I am too stoopid to understand the premise that their are multiverses in the DC Universe (This isn't pointed at you, just at the overwhelming opinion that it is too soon to introduce an alternate reality). I'm not sure where this opinion is coming from but it seems to originate with long time DC fans calling into question the understanding of their inferior new fan-cousins. I have seen far less new DC readers complaining about the introduction of Earth-2.

#42 Posted by NightFang (9820 posts) - - Show Bio

Why couldn't it be Cassandra Cain?

#43 Posted by inferiorego (21119 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe said:

@jsphsmth said:

I am amazed to see so many people are still apprehensive about DC developing the multiverse. I guess it makes sense as most new readers haven't been exposed to it, but the idea of James Robinson developing his own Earth should excite everybody, even more so when it involves him and the JSA.

As a new reader I resent that the so many of DC's readers think I am too stoopid to understand the premise that their are multiverses in the DC Universe (This isn't pointed at you, just at the overwhelming opinion that it is too soon to introduce an alternate reality). I'm not sure where this opinion is coming from but it seems to originate with long time DC fans calling into question the understanding of their inferior new fan-cousins. I have seen far less new DC readers complaining about the introduction of Earth-2.

Welcome to comic books!

Staff
#44 Posted by jack78 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang:

Cause there's no Cassandra Caine in earth-2?

#45 Posted by Queen's Halo (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Breaks desk his head hits it so hard)

'Places pillows on the desk to stop the hit'

#46 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@movieartman said:

@inferiorego: why would u want to see this huntress is the same as aways, and theyv destroyed Power girl

wait wait wait... how did they destroy Power Girl, by covering up her cleavage?

Never really cared about the cleavage but they could have made a better costume for her.

#47 Posted by G-Man (30376 posts) - - Show Bio

And a reminder, James should be on the podcast this week!

Staff
#48 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack78: Look, I'm on your side here, I WANT Earth 2 to be similar enough to how it was before. Their Batman design and description worried me, but this one's looking better. My point is simply that for now we have literally no previous continuity to adequately rely on. Nearly every piece of Earth 2's continuity is in limbo until we get things confirmed or denied by DC's info releases or the series itself. Or James Robinson.

Until then, anything is possible. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

#49 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@inferiorego said:

@movieartman said:

@inferiorego: why would u want to see this huntress is the same as aways, and theyv destroyed Power girl

wait wait wait... how did they destroy Power Girl, by covering up her cleavage?

Never really cared about the cleavage but they could have made a better costume for her.

Yeah, they completely reimaged her to the point she's not even recognizable, IMO.

#50 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks very Ming Doyle-ish, which is a good thing. :)

@Mbecks14 said:

@Arevish said:

At least the Love story between bats and Robin will not be seen like a gay relationship, xD

So now it's just incestuous? Worse.

*face-palm.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.