Batman: Arkham City on PC & Robin DLC Now Available

Posted by G-Man (30643 posts) - - Show Bio

Many people have long completed the main story in Batman: Arkham City. Today is the day PC gamers have been waiting for. Arkham City is now available for Games for Windows LIVE, Steam®, OnLive, Origin, GameStop via its 'Impulse Driven' download store and other digital platforms. Now PC gamers can join those already playing on Xbox 360 and PlasStation 3.

If you have already played through most of the game, today also marks another reason to pop in back into your system. The Robin Bundle Pack is now available (if you didn't get it through the Best Buy pre-order) on Xbox Live Marketplace for 560 Microsoft Points, PlayStation Network for $6.99, as well as all supported digital platforms.

If you haven't already seen Robin in action, take a look below.

In the Robin Bundle Pack, Robin will come complete with his own unique gadgets and special moves, and will be playable in all challenge maps in the game, as well as two additional challenge maps that are included in the pack - Black Mask Hideout and Freight Train Escape. The pack also contains two alternative Robin character skins (seen in the trailer).

Staff
#1 Posted by Transmetal (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#2 Posted by BritishMonkey (320 posts) - - Show Bio

i knew it, called it when the game came out

now we wait for the batman costume bundle pack

#3 Posted by afierce (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how I feel about paying for something just because I didn't preorder at Best Buy. I dunno, I have a problem with with the DLC tactics on this game... I would like to play as Robin and Nightwing, but I have to pass just on principle.

#4 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Release the hate Robin hounds! Really tho All the comments that are coming out about how gay Robin is and how Robin sucks are really annoying. Even more so the people that use the word gay as an attempt to insult Robin. I hope ComicVine does not do this as well.

#5 Posted by AwesomeAquaman (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I already got Robin dlc from Best Buy!

#6 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a shame that all those dlc can't be used in the arkham city, i would buy them if they make that but right no they are not worth the price.

#7 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@wowylied said:

It is a shame that all those dlc can't be used in the arkham city, i would buy them if they make that but right no they are not worth the price.

Same here.

#8 Posted by Outside_85 (8129 posts) - - Show Bio

Got both Robin and Nightwing...and while a little annoying to play when you've gotten used to having Batman's gadgets from playing City to the end, the different fighting styles are fun and well done.

#9 Posted by Dedpool (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Great gam,e greta DLC!

#10 Posted by Lvenger (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw this is the one game that the DLC for interests me. I only have enough money for one though. Is Nightwing or Robin the better DLC character anyone?

#11 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Nightwing is pretty fun but he doesn't talk. At all.

#12 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Robin! How cool is that?! :D

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!

#14 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#15 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8876 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin will be awesome as DLC content. I got Catwoman as DLC content when I bought the game but now I am going to get Robin since it came out. It should be fun to play as him. I am excited.

#16 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

the game is great. I keep finging myself playing the challenge maps over and over agian as Batman, Catwoman and Nightwing so I'll be picking this up as well. The Wayne Manor predator map is pretty damn big also. I hope the Black Mask one is as well.

#17 Posted by CitizenJP (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesss been waitin for this one.

#18 Posted by The Impersonator (5017 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome redness! :D

#19 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally for PC!! but I have to play the first one before

#20 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin in Arkham City! Cool!....not as cool as Nightwing though

#21 Posted by horshbox (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I love playing as Robin, only wish there were story missons with him in them.

#22 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I completed more of the Riddler's Challenges as Robin than as Batman.

#23 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I really just want the Batman skins. lol Robin's cool though.

#24 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't the robin thing reaally really old news? I got the game at gamestop the day it came out and they were selling both Robin and Nightwing there on day 1

#25 Posted by JerardPrime (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still a little confused on the DLC. So you can't use Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin in the actual story mode? How long and what are these challenge maps?

#26 Posted by War Killer (19972 posts) - - Show Bio

I got Robin after buying it from Best Buy, it is pretty awesome and he does give a different feel to the game play when you're playing as Damia--I mean Tim, but the only downside is that he would have been much more fun to play as in the main story, maybe after you beat the game they could have made it where you could play as him. That's my only complaint about it.

#27 Posted by Hashbrowns (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me crazy, but I really want a playable Huntress DLC character. I might actually prefer Catwoman over Batman as far as combat goes, and I think that the faster-but-more-fragile template would work well with Huntress. And a gorgeous woman flipping around beating up thugs with a staff would be pretty awesome just on principle.

Heck, why not throw us a Black Canary one too? Who wouldn't want to use her scream to knock back a group of thugs?

#28 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

What's that I hear? I think it all the jokes of Robin being a loser, stupid, and unmentionable wisecracks DYING by the epicness of this!?!

#29 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

It's great that it's now available but ... When can we get some actual "New" DLC ?

One of my favorite games - and these 2 DLC's so far were already available if you bought it from the right retailer.

#30 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

@JerardPrime said:

I'm still a little confused on the DLC. So you can't use Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin in the actual story mode? How long and what are these challenge maps?

Well, for Catwoman, kinda. Just launch her last 5th episode where you're able to roam free in the city before getting to her actual mission.

Nightwing and Robin...yeah... why didn't they bother putting them available as well? Because Nightwing dioesn't glide? Well, so does Catwoman!! I could imagine getting to the swap points once the story's over, like when you wanna change to Catwoman, and select Nightwing or Robin there..

#31 Posted by Remixxxde (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been playing Robin since I got it from Best Buy and I too wish you could play as Robin in the main story after you beat the game. I think it could have been cool since Batman was exhausted the Robin stepped in and helped "clean up" Arkham City even after the initial meet up in the game. But I do think that they have something more in store for this series and the next one could be called Batman: Gotham City. I mean think about it...they release the game and have Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman as DLC each with their own skill set and gadgets. Could it be that they are testing the waters with different characters in the Batuniverse and see how well they translate into a game? It could be that each hero could have a Arkham City sized section of Gotham to patrol in. And after you beat the game you have the opportunity to play each sector as the other character like in the new game+ mode.

#32 Posted by kennybaese (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be all over this if I could run around Arkham as these characters, but just challenge maps dont interest me much.

#33 Posted by ThomasElliot (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@BritishMonkey:

Did someone challenge you or something? Who doesn't know that DLC always comes later?

I'm going to call this right now: In the U.S. within the next year, there will be an election and someone will become the President. Meanwhile, it will be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

#34 Posted by ThomasElliot (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@wowylied:

You meant A. Asylum (batman 1)? These are the DLC for City (Batman 2).

#35 Posted by inferiorego (21228 posts) - - Show Bio

...but I'm already hooked on Skyrim.

Staff
#36 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

A Arkham City Design of anything makes it 20 times better!

Just Sayin'

#37 Posted by BritishMonkey (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThomasElliot:

very funny

#38 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok Batman AC, please stop taking my money I have already moved on to Skyrim and CoD, but now I have to come back and spend some time with you...Such a needy game!!! Will be playing tomorrow after mandatory I love my family time!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.