Follow

Robert Kirkman

Person » Robert Kirkman is credited in 2062 issues.

Robert Kirkman is a comic book writer best known for the popular series Invincible and The Walking Dead, which has recently been adapted into a successful AMC TV series.

Best writer!

Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Virtue

He really knows what the fans want and gives it to them. The letters columns in the back of his comics adds an extra 15 minutes of entertainment after you're done with the comic. His responses are often hilarious. And he's really good with keeping the quality of his stuff consistent. He always has tons of extra features with commentary added to the backs of his hardcover and paperback collections, which is very cool. He really knows how to give you more bang for your buck and deliver quality comic book stories and dialogue.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sling Shot

I think he is great from what I have seen ( Mostly the Invincible Universe refrence comics)But I gotta say his take on Ultimate X-Men has been bad in the beginning with Magician and getting progressively but inconclusively better with Bishop and Cable and the new X-Men.

Li'l T-bo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Li'l T-bo

Kirkman is great. But for me, Ellis, Ennis, and Azzarello edge him out (Ellis by the biggest margin).

Walking Dead is definitely the greatest zombie comic ever.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sling Shot

I haven't read too much Azzarelloexcept for his Cage MAX series....I wanted to have a one on one conversation with him. Yadadaimsaying.

Li'l T-bo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Li'l T-bo

Yadadon't know what you're saying. I liked that series, at least what I read of it.

Other must-read Azzarello:

LOVELESS (got all of them, great comic, Civil War-era)

Deathblow

100 Bullets (of course)

All his work on Hellblazer is great too

Tailfeathers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tailfeathers

The Walking Dead should be mad into a TV show

Tailfeathers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tailfeathers

Made not mad

Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Virtue

Yep, Vaughan and Ellis are other favorites. But, Kirkman, I think, should get a lot of credit just for doing suck long letters columns, including jam-packed special features in his trades, and coming out with TWD sometimes a week after the last issue when he's trying to catch up to schedule.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.