Rob Liefeld's Best and Worst

• 56 results
#1 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

who is you favorite and most Hated Character created by Liefeld.

My favorite is. 
Diehard 

My most Hated is. 
Shaft

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything he does is a fail.He can't draw.Marvel,Image,everyone knows he can't but they still give him work.It's hilarious.His Deadpool Corps stuff is awful.He can't even get his anatomy straight so he cops out on poses.He also draws way too many lines in the face for everyone.Get him outta here.

#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: he just asked about his creations in general, not his art
#4 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

He is an insult to the industry. 

#5 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"Everything he does is a fail.He can't draw.Marvel,Image,everyone knows he can't but they still give him work.It's hilarious.His Deadpool Corps stuff is awful.He can't even get his anatomy straight so he cops out on poses.He also draws way too many lines in the face for everyone.Get him outta here. "

seriously man, it's not that big of a deal, and I didn't ask whether you like him or not, way to stay on topic
#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
"He is an insult to the industry.  "

not the question i asked.
#7 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @LT1085 said:
"He is an insult to the industry.  "
not the question i asked. "
He is so awful that it must be said any time he is mentioned.
#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefield didn't invent Deadpool. He made a Deathstroke clone. JOE KELLY invented Deadpool.

#9 Posted by Bio Guyver (6845 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite: Domino

I don't have a least favorite.

#10 Posted by DevilmanEX (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the old school Shatterstar

cant stand Shaft because he is a Hawkeye rip

#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" Liefield didn't invent Deadpool. He made a Deathstroke clone. FABIAN NICIEZA invented Deadpool. "
Fixed for accuracy. 

Favorite (co-)creation: Cable 

Least Favorite: Feral
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
" Liefield didn't invent Deadpool. He made a Deathstroke clone. FABIAN NICIEZA invented Deadpool. "
Fixed for accuracy.  Favorite (co-)creation: Cable  Least Favorite: Feral "
Hm. Guess so. My bad. xD
#14 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" Liefield didn't invent Deadpool. He made a Deathstroke clone. JOE KELLY invented Deadpool. "
@Korg said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
Fixed for accuracy.  Favorite (co-)creation: Cable  Least Favorite: Feral "
Both added a lot to the character that made him great. It's too bad Deadpool isn't in anymore good stories like these guys used to write. I'm tired of all the nonstop stupid comedy. Let's bring Fabian and Joe back to make the character good again.

Favorite: Deadpool

Least Favorite: No clue.
#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X said:
"Both added a lot to the character that made him great."
Only one invented the character though.
#16 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite: I'm guessing Cable since he had some kind of hand in creating him.

Least:Youngblood(the whole team)

#17 Edited by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're giving him any sort of credit for creating Cable then that's the best he's created but other than that I loathe his creations as much as his art.

#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: hating someone's characters because you hate their art seems pretty ridiculous to me. Apart from coming up with the original idea, what does a creator of a character have in terms of an impact on the character's development in the mainstream comic world? about .0001%

Swamp Thing wasn't Alan Moore's creation but he's the writer most commonly associated with the character

Animal Man wasn't Grant Morrison's creation but he's the writer most commonly associated with the character

Destiny of the Endless wasn't Neil Gaiman's creation but he's the writer most commonly associated with the character

and I could keep listing for quite some time, my point is the creator doesn't make the character, Stan Lee is praised for making all the big characters but those same characters aren't favorites of people because of what Stan Lee did with them but what people after him did

Now I realize Liefeld did most of his creating with Image where he actually owns the character but things like Cable and Deadpool are fair game and considering your tastes in comics, his Marvel stuff is probably the only creations you know in the first place
#19 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek the lost:
Spoken like a true fan of comics.

and I agree completely.

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Vance Astro: hating someone's characters because you hate their art seems pretty ridiculous to me.
It's not my soul reason for disliking Leifeld's characters.Stan Lee can't draw either.
#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Vance Astro: hating someone's characters because you hate their art seems pretty ridiculous to me.
It's not my soul reason for disliking Leifeld's characters.Stan Lee can't draw either. "

Stan Lee wasn't the artist. 

Seriously, not every Rob Liefeld thread has to be a hate thread.  Is it really so hard for people to stay on topic for once?  Caligula asked an easy & reasonable question.  So let's stay on topic.

#22 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Mutant X said:
"Both added a lot to the character that made him great."
Only one invented the character though. "
And I didn't contradict that.
#23 Edited by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

"@Vance Astro said:

" @aztek the lost said:
It's not my soul reason for disliking Leifeld's characters.Stan Lee can't draw either. "

Stan Lee wasn't the artist. 

Seriously, not every Rob Liefeld thread has to be a hate thread.  Is it really so hard for people to stay on topic for once?  Caligula asked an easy & reasonable question.  So let's stay on topic.

"

I'm aware that Stan Lee isn't an artist however I still like the characters he's created.I don't dislike the characters that Leifeld has created soully because he's a terrible artist which is what I just said to Aztek. I've been on topic...You can delete my first post if you want because that's the only one that's off.I made a mistake.

@Vance Astro

said:

"Everything he does is a fail.He can't draw.Marvel,Image,everyone knows he can't but they still give him work.It's hilarious.His Deadpool Corps stuff is awful.He can't even get his anatomy straight so he cops out on poses.He also draws way too many lines in the face for everyone.Get him outta here. "

#24 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no such thing like a "best Liefield work". 

No seriously, I love Deadpool but I doubt I will love him when he write him. For me that's his best. 

His worst, mmmh, difficult to say, he has a great array of shameful accomplishment.  

I will say Youngblood.

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Devil Tiger said:
" There's no such thing like a "best Liefield work".  No seriously, I love Deadpool but I doubt I will love him when he write him. For me that's his best.  His worst, mmmh, difficult to say, he has a great array of shameful accomplishment.   I will say Youngblood.   "
Speaking of Youngblood there is 1 Leifeld creation that I think is the best and that's Shaft although his design seems to be a little borrowed.
#26 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think Liefeld is a lot better than anybody gives him credit for. Although, considering people treat him like the reincarnation of Hitler, that's not saying much.

If we're giving him credit for Deadpool, than Deadpool is my favorite.
My least favorite would be Shaft. I've barely read anything he's been in, but every time I see him I feel incredible hatred. I really don't know why, I just hate him.

#27 Edited by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:

" Personally, I think Liefeld is a lot better than anybody gives him credit for. Although, considering people treat him like the reincarnation of Hitler, that's not saying much.  

Art is a huge part of a comic book.Too me the most important.You have to remember that an artist who creates characters is also a DESIGNER.Characters come out how they do aesthetically because of how the artist designed them so for me that's where art and character creation connect.I think alot of Leifeld's characters especially those in Youngblood are poorly designed.More than half of them seem to be just ideas based off of other characters yet poorly executed.I don't know how much of the idea behind Deadpool belongs to him but even that is an admitted and blatant rip-off.Alot of characters in comics from any company are similar but it's all about execution.Personality matters in characters but I won't even look into it if the characters design is silly.
#28 Posted by DevilmanEX (617 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" Personally, I think Liefeld is a lot better than anybody gives him credit for. Although, considering people treat him like the reincarnation of Hitler, that's not saying much.  If we're giving him credit for Deadpool, than Deadpool is my favorite. My least favorite would be Shaft. I've barely read anything he's been in, but every time I see him I feel incredible hatred. I really don't know why, I just hate him. "
I feel the same way bout his art....I was a huge fan when I was younger and I still enjoy some of his old stuff.......and I also share the same unknown hatred for Shaft for some unknown reason.........Shatterstar is by far my fav
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@DevilmanEX said:
" @Jotham said:
" Personally, I think Liefeld is a lot better than anybody gives him credit for. Although, considering people treat him like the reincarnation of Hitler, that's not saying much.  If we're giving him credit for Deadpool, than Deadpool is my favorite. My least favorite would be Shaft. I've barely read anything he's been in, but every time I see him I feel incredible hatred. I really don't know why, I just hate him. "
I feel the same way bout his art....I was a huge fan when I was younger and I still enjoy some of his old stuff.......and I also share the same unknown hatred for Shaft for some unknown reason.........Shatterstar is by far my fav "
Shatterstar and Shaft almost seem like the same character just different weapons.
#30 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @aztek the lost said:

thats why he sticks to writing
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @aztek the lost said:

thats why he sticks to writing "
I've seen new stuff from him for Deadpool Corps..
#32 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm weird, I guess. He draws tons better than me, at least, and I kinda like his style. I don't like his faces THAT much, but I just can't see all the hate being justified.

Anyways, I love Cable. >_>

And I'm really not a fan of how Domino is right now, but I still liked the early Domino, so bleh.

#33 Posted by kenshiroo (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: Glory and Avengelyne among many other works

#34 Edited by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

His best work is probably the human torch sexually assaulting the thing...  

There, I did it! I said something not completely hateful about Rob Liefeld.  

Ok now that, that is out of the way...Rob Liefeld is a talentless hack and an insult to anyone that isn't being paid large sums of money from major publishers to sh!t on a page and call it art. 

#35 Edited by kenshiroo (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: LOL, the above was funny (sexual assault from the human torch). Obviously, these are shameful things in his work and I do not deny, but still there are good things to save his works. Nobody is perfect, what happens is that there is always a strong negative tendency to criticize and destroy the works of others when we are not satisfied with something or frustrates us and so we dyed black everything else. Does not matter anyway, I guess is your opinion and I’m not entirely agree.
#36 Edited by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@kenshiroo:  You think he deserves the money that he makes as and artist even though he doesn't know how to draw? 
#37 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @kenshiroo:  You think he deserves the money that he makes as and artist even though he doesn't know how to draw?  "
he can draw sometimes. not always but every once in a while he pulls off something really really good. but most of the time, it seems as though he doesn't try hard enough, and I agree that he makes too much money for what little good art he does produce. when he is on top of his game he can be great. but more often then not he is scraping the bottom.

And as bad as liefeld is i would rather look at his stuff then JR JR's.
#38 Posted by kenshiroo (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:

" @kenshiroo:  You think he deserves the money that he makes as and artist even though he doesn't know how to draw?  "

I can tell you I like his women (drawings), he has his style independently of his mistakes, it’s his job and if they recognize and pay for it, I think it's a worthy way to make a living, don’t you think?
#39 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
 @Caligula said:

" @LT1085 said:

he can draw sometimes. not always but every once in a while he pulls off something really really good. but most of the time, it seems as though he doesn't try hard enough, and I agree that he makes too much money for what little good art he does produce. when he is on top of his game he can be great. but more often then not he is scraping the bottom.  And as bad as liefeld is i would rather look at his stuff then JR JR's. "

@kenshiroo said:

" @LT1085 said:

I can tell you I like his women (drawings), he has his style independently of his mistakes, it’s his job and if they recognize and pay for it, I think it's a worthy way to make a living, don’t you think? "
What the hell are you talking about?
#40 Edited by kenshiroo (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:

" @LT1085 said:

he can draw sometimes. not always but every once in a while he pulls off something really really good. but most of the time, it seems as though he doesn't try hard enough, and I agree that he makes too much money for what little good art he does produce. when he is on top of his game he can be great. but more often then not he is scraping the bottom."
He has a great artistic potential that he could further develop, creativity, inventiveness, at least your assessment would be a little more just, maybe he doesn’t put the effort that should be on his works but nobody is perfect and most of his work is not bad in my appreciation.

#41 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't create Deadpool.

#42 Posted by kenshiroo (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: X__X , wrong spelling ;P
#43 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:

" He didn't create Deadpool. "

Fabian Nicieza ?  
#44 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

" He didn't create Deadpool. "

Fabian Nicieza ?   "
Yup.
#45 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

the greatest art ever !!!!!!!!
#46 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Fabian Nicieza didn't draw Deadpool, he wrote him. Liefeld is the co-creator of the character. In fact, Liefeld also co-wrote Deapool's first appearances.

#47 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

He's still scum.

#48 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

grew up loving liefield. now days, he work still brings me back to childhood. even if it isn't good.
Favorite: bedrock/youngblood
Least Favorite: His return to marvel(Heroes reborn.)

#49 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Never.

For.

Get.
#50 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: Monkey Wolverine
                                       Eat some food dammit!
                                       that's just.... wow

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.