Rob Liefeld Leaves DC Comics

#201 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will draw awkward, late-eighties androgynes using invisible StairMasters now?

#202 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Two words coined from internet usage. Neither being real words. That is the standard of language I must deal with these days.

#203 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediumflyer7 said:

Sorry I'm confused. Did he quit because DC changed his story last minute and got pissed off. anyway, very good news.

He quit because DC editors made his books better. I was surprised that both Grifter and Hawkman were bearable. 
#204 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:

Is that from a Justin Beiber concert?
#205 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

People know he was only doing the covers and co-plotting Hawkman and Grifter, right? If you didn't like them before, I don't see how you would like them now unless whoever is brought on to replace him implements a big change of direction...

Anyway, something interesting on his twitter:

I was never a big fan of Lobo to begin with so what was going on with him didn't bother me too much. How do Lobo fans feel about this?

#206 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Directing anyone to make Lobo without the biker look seems dumb. The biker look is Lobo's "S" in the middle of his chest. It's the absolute minimum you need for it to be Lobo.

#207 Posted by uncaringmachine (7 posts) - - Show Bio
#208 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Liefeld: Editors suck.

Me: You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you? :)

In all seriousness though, now I can be happy that I'm subscribed to Deathstroke again. I'm soooo happy now... it was AWESOME and getting better and better before Liefeld, then he bombed it, now I'm not so sure that it'll be as great as it was pre-Liefeld-era. As DarkKnightDetective said, I can start reading Deathstroke again. :|

#209 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

This makes me so damn happy...

#210 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertliefeld: Get over yourself you pretentious prick @Ssnyder1835

@Ssnyder1835: Nice! Your Twitter feeds the best thing you've written all year :-)

#211 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio
#212 Posted by laflux (15935 posts) - - Show Bio
#213 Posted by Mr_Wayne69 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld didn't add anything to DC that someone else couldn't easily fill.

#214 Posted by Mr_Wayne69 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@ahgunsillyo said:

Thank you. In leaving, he is also preserving OUR sanity.

I don't know how much longer I could have stood seeing all the characters in his books having the same exact black borders around their eyes.

YOOOoooooOoooooo!!! I never noticed that before. Thanx!

#215 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Wayne69 said:

@ahgunsillyo said:

I don't know how much longer I could have stood seeing all the characters in his books having the same exact black borders around their eyes.

Oh god, is that supposed to be Cheshire?

My dear Jade, what did he do to you?

#216 Edited by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@Mr_Wayne69 said:

@ahgunsillyo said:

Oh god, is that supposed to be Cheshire?

My dear Jade, what did he do to you?

Luckily, that is apparently a new character named Niko that Liefeld created for the new Grifter book. The solicitation for that issue actually does say that Cheshire is in it, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the final release, so maybe that's one of those "last-minute editorial changes" that Liefeld experienced. They likely originally intended for it to be Cheshire and eventually decided against it for some reason. Maybe they in charge didn't agree with how that character was being used in the storyline, or they wanted to use her elsewhere, or maybe it was something else entirely. Judging from your reaction, though, it sounds like her sudden and inexplicable exclusion from this book was for the better.

#217 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
@ahgunsillyo oh thank god, I was afraid another one of my favorite female characters got butchered
#218 Posted by DocFishstick (241 posts) - - Show Bio

never liked him

#219 Posted by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@ahgunsillyo oh thank god, I was afraid another one of my favorite female characters got butchered

Yeah, that tends to happen, for some reason. A bit regrettable, but it seems rather inevitable at this point with characters from either publisher. Well, at least Rose got her eye back, I guess?

#220 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

All the sudden I'm interested in Deathstroke, Grifter, and Hawkman again. No kidding.

#221 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@zzax said:

First Morrison now Liefield! DC is getting better without having to add a single new person. Addition by subtraction in my opinion.

Holy crap! I didn't know Morrison was leaving too. Yes!

#222 Posted by redneuro (5 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you'd think this guy would realize just how much is up agains't him and think twice about making these types of comments.

#223 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@WanderingHands said:

Good RIDDANCE!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.