Rob Liefeld desperately needs work, you can help

• 54 results
#1 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

In a post on his official website, comic book industry lightning rod Rob Liefeld has announced a new contest which can result in him drawing your 5-6 page short story. The only catch is that it's got to be one of Liefeld's characters -- but the winning story will be published in an upcoming issue of Bloodstrike or Youngblood.

The rules are pretty simple. According to Liefeld:

Step 1 – Write a short story featuring one of my EXTREME CHARACTERS. the story MUST BE EXTREME CHARACTERS ONLY. You are submitting a brief few paragraph’s pitching your idea for a short 5-6 page story.

Step 2 – HIT THE BUTTON. Here on this web site, to the right is a button that says CONTACT ME! This will send your story to my attention.

Step 3 – Wait to be contacted. I will choose 3 winners, 1 every few weeks starting March 6th, 2013. If your pitch is chosen you will be given a work for hire agreement to sign in order to participate.

Step 4 – Submission agreement. Click link below.

EXTREME TALENT CONTEST SUBMISSION FORM

I have the absolute highest regard for creators and for the ownership of original properties, and this agreement should in no way be misconstrued as license for us to appropriate your creations. This agreement protects Rob Liefeld from any liabilities involving coincidental similarities to works-­‐in-­‐progress or other submissions. Any submissions received without a signed agreement will be discarded without review.

5. GOOD LUCK!

This is basically Rob standing on the side of a highway holding a sign that says "Will do crappy art for your comic for food"

#2 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever you do, make sure to play to his strengths. Make pouches a big storypoint.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

Whatever you do, make sure to play to his strengths. Make pouches a big storypoint.

the more characters who have had their feet amputated the better

#4 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I really sort of hate this guy. Can't be mad at him though. The blame has to fall on the shoulders of 1) those that hired him and 2) those that paid him (consumers who paid money for his stuff). Come to think about it - if pop music and cinema are any indicators, Liefeld should be "drawing" 10 books per month [Yeah I have seen that page of "pencils" that it looks like a child drew.. literally, no kidding. A ten year old. Then the inker "cleans it up" read: does the actual drawing]. I guess I blame the public but I still kind of despise Liefeld.

#5 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

A friend of mine suggested that someone submit a troll story.

A story that's so subtle in insulting him that he doesn't notice it, and draws it all and publishes it.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdBlank said:

I really sort of hate this guy. Can't be mad at him though. The blame has to fall on the shoulders of 1) those that hired him and 2) those that paid him (consumers who paid money for his stuff). Come to think about it - if pop music and cinema are any indicators, Liefeld should be "drawing" 10 books per month [Yeah I have seen that page of "pencils" that it looks like a child drew.. literally, no kidding. A ten year old. Then the inker "cleans it up" read: does the actual drawing]. I guess I blame the public but I still kind of despise Liefeld.

you're referring to the book he was doing with Kirkman that Kirkman basically fired him after he saw what he was doing?

#7 Posted by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao

#8 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I think that is something that we should consider, we need masters to do this. TO PADDY'S!

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a toilet he can clean for me, wouldn't trust him for much else though

#10 Edited by judasnixon (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Ladies and Gentleman I Give you The Uncanny #$@% Brain Adventure of Fourplay the Transgender, Transpecies, Lunch Lady VS Lil' Wayne and His Magical Golden Teeth volume #1. Watch as we rip off the plot straight from the pages of Fran Kafka's Metamorphosis! Who ate the stillborn baby? Is Lil' Wayne considered public domain? Does anyone remember Fourplay from the pages of 1993's BLOODSTRIKE #1? Who has a better fish sandwich McDonalds or Burger King? All these dumb ass question will be answered and more in the bathroom stall of a Pep' Boys Auto parts where you can find The Uncanny #$@% Brain Adventure of Fourplay the Transgender, Transpecies, Lunch Lady VS Lil' Wayne and His Magical Golden Teeth volume  #1! 

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57801 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually interested...
BB

#12 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, you may not like his art, his writing or him as a person. But for an aspiring comic book writer it's a pretty good opportunity to get his/her name out there, plus it'll look good on the resume. If that's something you'd want to do, i wouldn't dismiss this so quickly.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

He survived this long with no talent. He should have invested his money in something else.

#14 Posted by judasnixon (6234 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: If you decide to do a troll story make sure you include Rob Liefeld's Character Troll.....
#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@InnerVenom123: If you decide to do a troll story make sure you include Rob Liefeld's Character Troll.....

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: That is a hell of a catch phrase tho, it must have taken him upwards of 9 maybe 10 seconds to come up with

#17 Posted by Joygirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

*paragraphs, Rob. No apostrophe needed. Jeez, both Liefeld and Lobdell both hate proper spelling and punctuaton, for claiming to be writers.

#18 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a real thing? Did he really say all this?

WELP TIME TO START WRITIN'.

#19 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

EXTREME characters only. Liefeld is so EXTREME.

#20 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Now see, if ANY other comic book artist did this, people would jump at the opportunity. But because it's Liefeld, he's going to get so much hate and troll stuff that it'll discourage anyone other comic artists from doing something similar.

#21 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob needs to go find a beach to retire to, just because he sold his soul to the devil to convince the world he was an artistic genius (at least in the 90's), and make a ton of money, he should realize by now almost nobody respects his work and just deal with it. His artwork is like Joe Kirby on acid, his characters are blatant ripoffs of Marvel and DC staples, he should thank whomever he prays to for what he has received from so meager talent and call it a day.

#22 Edited by judasnixon (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

HEY KIDS! You know what time it is? It's Rob Liefeld's Homo Erotic Fan Fiction Time! Hope you children been chugging cough syrup and rot gut gin! This hot, wet, magical tail stars Byrd and Kodiak the Fur Burger! Yummy Fur Burger! 

Byrd

Kodiak the Fur Burger

Kodiak the Fur Burger was sad and lonely watching Storage Wars as sad and lonely Fur Burgers do. There was a knock at the door. Kodiak the Fur Burger thought to himself "Hhhmmm who could this be? I don't have custody of the kids in till next week..." To Kodiak the Fur Burger's surprise he finds a hot and sweaty Byrd holding a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade. "Byrd what are you doing at my section 8 housing?" Asked Kodiak the Fur Burger. " well I was on my way back from the topless David Duke Rally, and worked up a great thirst for some HARD lemonade if you know what I mean Mr. Fur Burger." Implied Byrd. "Oh I think I do. Oh I think I do Byrd" Whispered Kodiak the Fur Burger. With his furry palm he grabs Byrd's hand and took him into his home. Where they $#@% and they &@#! and they #%&@. Sweet Dreams Little Boys and Girls. Sweet Dreams.....
#23 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob probably should just read more marvel comics to get new ideas.

#24 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still optioning my charecter Bloodpouch.

#25 Posted by judasnixon (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.....

#26 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#27 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon:

LOL.

#28 Posted by bloggerboy (543 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I only read steps 1-5 and laughed. I thought it was a joke but then I saw it was real and now I just feel sad for Rob...

#29 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

So I read his little form and it's basically giving him permission to steal your ideas.

F*** you Rob, you will never aloud to write BLOODGUTS now.

#30 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously don't even submit jokes, you won't get a dime and he'll probably rip off your idea while not giving any credit anyway.

It's shameful how he's trying to abuse some poor souls trying to get into the comic biz.

What a shameless horrible hack.

#31 Posted by Billy Batson (57801 posts) - - Show Bio

Trying to get rid of the competition now, are we?
BB

#32 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

In a post on his official website, comic book industry lightning rod Rob Liefeld has announced a new contest which can result in him drawing your 5-6 page short story. The only catch is that it's got to be one of Liefeld's characters -- but the winning story will be published in an upcoming issue of Bloodstrike or Youngblood.

The rules are pretty simple. According to Liefeld:

Step 1 – Write a short story featuring one of my EXTREME CHARACTERS. the story MUST BE EXTREME CHARACTERS ONLY. You are submitting a brief few paragraph’s pitching your idea for a short 5-6 page story.

Step 2 – HIT THE BUTTON. Here on this web site, to the right is a button that says CONTACT ME! This will send your story to my attention.

Step 3 – Wait to be contacted. I will choose 3 winners, 1 every few weeks starting March 6th, 2013. If your pitch is chosen you will be given a work for hire agreement to sign in order to participate.

Step 4 – Submission agreement. Click link below.

EXTREME TALENT CONTEST SUBMISSION FORM

I have the absolute highest regard for creators and for the ownership of original properties, and this agreement should in no way be misconstrued as license for us to appropriate your creations. This agreement protects Rob Liefeld from any liabilities involving coincidental similarities to works-­‐in-­‐progress or other submissions. Any submissions received without a signed agreement will be discarded without review.

5. GOOD LUCK!

This is basically Rob standing on the side of a highway holding a sign that says "Will do crappy art for your comic for food"

We are giving that man way too much attention, can we just ignore him and let him die out already?!

#33 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly this just seems like a scheme to steal other peoples ideas.

#34 Posted by warlord1234 (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people dislike him so much?

#35 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlord1234: Bad art + bad business ethic + bad personality= massive fan dislike.

#36 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

Only EXTREME characters? Someone please submit the script for the Brave Little Toaster.

#37 Posted by warlord1234 (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick said:

@warlord1234: Bad art + bad business ethic + bad personality= massive fan dislike.

I don't care about artwork. What put me off in comics is bad storylines his early 90s Cable comics had good storylines.

#38 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5204 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross

Well, you may not like his art, his writing or him as a person. But for an aspiring comic book writer it's a pretty good opportunity to get his/her name out there, plus it'll look good on the resume. If that's something you'd want to do, i wouldn't dismiss this so quickly.

Anything with Liefelds name on it might actually COST you a job. The other side is he might "borrow" your idea and use it, maybe that's why it has to include hid character.
#39 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

HEY KIDS! You know what time it is? It's Rob Liefeld's Homo Erotic Fan Fiction Time! Hope you children been chugging cough syrup and rot gut gin! This hot, wet, magical tail stars Byrd and Kodiak the Fur Burger! Yummy Fur Burger!
Byrd

Kodiak the Fur Burger
Kodiak the Fur Burger was sad and lonely watching Storage Wars as sad and lonely Fur Burgers do. There was a knock at the door. Kodiak the Fur Burger thought to himself "Hhhmmm who could this be? I don't have custody of the kids in till next week..." To Kodiak the Fur Burger's surprise he finds a hot and sweaty Byrd holding a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade. "Byrd what are you doing at my section 8 housing?" Asked Kodiak the Fur Burger. " well I was on my way back from the topless David Duke Rally, and worked up a great thirst for some HARD lemonade if you know what I mean Mr. Fur Burger." Implied Byrd. "Oh I think I do. Oh I think I do Byrd" Whispered Kodiak the Fur Burger. With his furry palm he grabs Byrd's hand and took him into his home. Where they $#@% and they &@#! and they #%&@. Sweet Dreams Little Boys and Girls. Sweet Dreams.....

Send it, but make it more graphic. Like add impossible sex positions that only Liefeld characters could achieve through their f__ked up anatomy.

#40 Edited by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: Or a book for that matter.

@Matchstick: Isn't that what he's allegedly known for?

#41 Posted by JakeN7 (11257 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Ladies and Gentleman I Give you The Uncanny #$@% Brain Adventure of Fourplay the Transgender, Transpecies, Lunch Lady VS Lil' Wayne and His Magical Golden Teeth volume #1. Watch as we rip off the plot straight from the pages of Fran Kafka's Metamorphosis! Who ate the stillborn baby? Is Lil' Wayne considered public domain? Does anyone remember Fourplay from the pages of 1993's BLOODSTRIKE #1? Who has a better fish sandwich McDonalds or Burger King? All these dumb ass question will be answered and more in the bathroom stall of a Pep' Boys Auto parts where you can find The Uncanny #$@% Brain Adventure of Fourplay the Transgender, Transpecies, Lunch Lady VS Lil' Wayne and His Magical Golden Teeth volume #1!

Is Fourplay at all related to Rob's other creation, Forearm?

Forearm! He's got FOUR ARMS!!!
#42 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

From his form

4. I further acknowledge that at this time Rob Liefeld has no intent to compensate me in any way and I have no expectation of receiving any compensation.

I kinda died of laughter

#43 Posted by judasnixon (6234 posts) - - Show Bio
@JakeN7: Is she related to Forearm? She was Forearm before the sex change operation! Forearm went full blown Tom Gabel before he/she join Bloodstrike......
#44 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by JakeN7 (11257 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@JakeN7: Is she related to Forearm? She was Forearm before the sex change operation! Forearm went full blown Tom Gabel before he/she join Bloodstrike......

OMFG! I think I had read that somewhere, but totally forgot! That is disgusting! (nothing against Transgendered people, but a four-armed Rob Liefeld mutant that switches sexes is just..... weird to say the least.)

#46 Posted by rliefeld (1 posts) - - Show Bio

You trolls realize that I've received thousands of entries and that this is a fantastic opportunity. You trolls realize that I have unpublished Extreme scripts from Alan Moore, Robert Kirkman and Mark Millar that I could draw instead. Oh, but then your pathetic hate fueled hot air balloon would POP if reality was applied to your fantasies! : )

#47 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@rliefeld: Hi Rob. Please leave. Earth that is.

#48 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20358 posts) - - Show Bio

@rliefeld: good for you... ya weirdo!

#49 Edited by judasnixon (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#50 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Rob should do something creative for a change like maybe sell sperm ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.