Liefeld to Draw Deadpool Corps

• 113 results
#101 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icariscubed said:
" Firstly I think your a stoner for actually admitting that you mispelled Rob's name and secondly, your a stoner for writing about it. Thirdly of course The Creator of Deadpool will make a difference, everyone wants to see what Rob's doing with his feet & proportions now, you should know that. Deadpool isn't the issue to be sick of here. I don't know what you guys puff on up there, but pass it this way....  "
Seems like you're a) obsessed with drugs & b) obsessed with Rob Liefeld.  There wasn't any need to post the same video twice :p 

Yes, he has got better at drawing hands & feet.  But considering he's been in the business for 20 years now, he should have learnt basic anatomy long ago. 

I don't doubt that Rob Liefeld is a genuinely nice guy and enthusiastic about making comics.  Sadly, his actual artistic talent & commitment to what he creates doesn't have the same longevity. 
#102 Edited by Ravn (180 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

your easy to misunderstand. you bash Marvel constantly as it is. and your logic is completely backwards on the ground that Rob created and drew the majority of Deadpool. so your saying you like a character and hate the designer of the character, and his design of the character? ridiculous. you must be drunk!  

I never said i hated the design of Deadpool, You're putting words in mouth! And when else have I bashed Marvel (other than Quesada's lack of talent or Bendis' inability to maintain a coherent timeline)?! 

" Rob sucks " because people are paying attention to you and that feels good, maybe? what would help it was if your opinions had actual research involved in them.    

Well its obviously working since you keeping responding! LOL 

because in every one of those covers, illustrated by Rob BTW, that Psimitar hilt appears exactly as it does on the Crisis parody cover, 
the same Psimitar you insist Cable does not and never had, and that the hilt doesnt look like it did prior (which is another 
backwards claim since you claim it also was never there). im of the consensus here that you dont read these books.    

I never argued that Cable didn't have a Psimitar, my point was it was that the katanas on Deadpool's back don't look like practical weapons because the hilts look too short and narrow in relation to the size of hands... YOU must be drunk or blinded by nerd rage to differentiate between contributers to this forum! 

Rob created the looks, and the further costumes. there was very little contribution on the side of other artists 
because he already made those costumes/looks in the first place. 

MY point has ALWAYS been that Liefeld is a terrible artist, and though he deserves credit for the creation of the character and his look, it doesn't mean his lack of talent should be excused just because its his character. Artist such as Skottie Young, Dave Johnson, Chris Staggs, and Humberto Ramos (to name a few) have ALL drawn Deadpool better than Liefeld ever has, because at the very least, they all know how to draw feet, and nose, and they have an understanding of proportion! But I'm not saying they deserve credit, or Liefeld shouldn't. I'm simply saying people have improved on the look of the character, without changing anything. Captain America and the Fantastic Four have basically the same look now that they did when Jack Kirby first created them, but I still think other people have drawn them better. The same could be said with Steve Ditko and Spiderman. The only difference is Ditko and Kirby are/were GOOD ARTISTS. 

Now what I don't understand, is that I am CLEARLY not the only person who hates Liefeld's art! Yet you continue to direct your aggression at me! That, and your reactions are riddled with shallow insults... why? Are you just not use to anyone being able to keep up with your argument, or is it that I don't have to insult you every other statement?
#103 Posted by joshmightbe (24761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ravn:
thats the most ripped off cover ever crisis was far from the first time it was used
#104 Edited by Ravn (180 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: True! the Crisis cover was the first cover that came to MY mind, so forgive me for crediting Perez. The imagery can be identified all the way back to Michelangelo's Pieta. However, Liefeld's cover is SO close to Perez's work, all the way down to the colors (Which I know was intentional), that I immediately made the association (again, intentional). My issue with Liefeld's cover, is that his characters have more depth to them than Perez's did, but they overlap in an impractical way. Where is Deadpool holding Cable? Where is Cable's right arm going? IF Cable is dead, how is he able to hold his head up like he is? I realize its a little nit-picky, but those are the things I notice...
#105 Posted by bloodwulf (27 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Am I wrong, is that Badrock between Deadpool's legs? Behind Nick Fury.
#106 Posted by Druid (104 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing worse than Rob Liefeld's art is his writing. This world would be better off without his creations, Deadpool included.

#107 Posted by brc2000 (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Deadpool, but I usually hate whatever supporting cast members get introduced in his books. I really only care about the main onging (which I agree has been losing some steam). Merc with a Mouth is kinda boring and Deadpool Team-Up has been awful so far.

#108 Posted by FrischDVH (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Say it with me: Debacle....
#109 Posted by eserrano05 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool mania getting out of hand
#110 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Icariscubed said:
" Firstly I think your a stoner for actually admitting that you mispelled Rob's name and secondly, your a stoner for writing about it. Thirdly of course The Creator of Deadpool will make a difference, everyone wants to see what Rob's doing with his feet & proportions now, you should know that. Deadpool isn't the issue to be sick of here. I don't know what you guys puff on up there, but pass it this way....  "
Seems like you're a) obsessed with drugs & b) obsessed with Rob Liefeld.  There wasn't any need to post the same video twice :p  Yes, he has got better at drawing hands & feet.  But considering he's been in the business for 20 years now, he should have learnt basic anatomy long ago.  I don't doubt that Rob Liefeld is a genuinely nice guy and enthusiastic about making comics.  Sadly, his actual artistic talent & commitment to what he creates doesn't have the same longevity.  "

I disagree, Cable, Deadpool, Youngbloods and many of his other characters are still around to date, yes Rob has done some bad art, has he done some good art? YES. and I think he does far more good art than bad. If there is any Deadpool book I'll read it'll be one of Liefelds, because Liefeld dosen't deserve so much crap from everyone. I think he is one of the more Passionate artists out there, when he speaks about his art and his characters you can tell he truly loves what he does, and that he cares deeply for the comic industry. 
And the whole Bloated Captian America chest thing, is really what set it off for most of Rob's critics, I know he had a few before, but people tended to ignore his bad drawings, and focus on the good up until then. And he has only gotten better with age. is he the best artist no... Hell No! not even close. but is he a Bad one, no, he isn't a bad artist either. for me at least he is somewhere in the middle and always has been. I just don't see the Hatred of his work, I don't understand it. I have seen far worse artists get less criticism. and half of the people who crap on Liefeld, are terrible artists themselves or they aren't even an artist. Take it from an Artist (i.e. Myself) Rob really isn't as bad as people make him out to be. 

-Sorry for the long winded diatribe. 

and the reason I told this to you Kitty, is the fact your opinions are always ones I tend to respect. and I just figured I'd voice my opinion on Rob's career. and if you have any counter-points, or anything I really would like to know them. :D
#111 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
Oh Gawd... you mean there are more of them now ? 
Jesus...
#112 Posted by joshmightbe (24761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ravn:
no prob just pointing out that the cover was widely ripped off i beleive it originated in a sci fi comic from the 50s but i cant remember the title at the momment
#113 Posted by akatspada (27 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: You trollin?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.