Follow

Rob Liefeld

Person » Rob Liefeld is credited in 1001 issues.

Rob Liefeld is a successful, but controversial artist. A penciler and writer who rose to record-breaking success in the 1990's with titles such as The New Mutants, X-Force, and Youngblood.

Liefeld dicks around on Twitter, insults dozens of creators.

• 63 results
    cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By cameron83

@SmoothJammin: EXACTLY,and yet he is still on,especially with DEATHSTROKE?! he is f***ing up everything,hope he gets fired or something

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SavageDragon

Ive met Rob hes a really nice guy in person. Just saying. If you create a character and then another company profiuts off of him forever you might be a little bitter as well. (Not an excuse for calling out people).

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By bingbangboom

I don't get why Rob has a problem with Marvel, I just assume its because they won't hire him for steady work anymore. Think the last thing was the Deadpool Corps book.

He feels that Marvel is not putting top talent on Deadpool or at least what he considers "Top Talent". I am pretty sure that Liefeld gets a cut from all the books and everything. So putting "A-List" talent on the book means Rob gets more money. Simple as that.

Marvel has featured Deadpool in multiple videogames and he is even getting his own videogame too. There are very few characters that Marvel has released a videogame for that are not directly tied into a movie or some other property.

He didn't back away from some of his comments and almost trying to shame Marvel and their talent into writing Deadpool. Why? Rob should just focus on what he can do. He has his own comics, again, which will prob not do that well considering he is so stuck on something he has very little control of. He is going to look like an idiot if the new Deadpool book is really good.

Also Marvel has been doing these teasers for the Marvel NOW! books and they put Deadpool's teaser along with Hulk, Thor and Iron Man! Doesn't sound like they are just throwing away the character. Also Rob gives me hope. Sometimes I draw and get so fusterated because I can't get the proportions the way I want. Well that doesn't matter because if Rob can do it, maybe one day I can do it.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By Billy Batson

The funny thing is that Liefeled worked on Deadpool Corps two years ago...lol, Liefeld, eat a dick.
    BB

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By X35

I think he meant it as a compliment in comparison to himself.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By TDK_1997

This man is a true champion. LOL!

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By fACEmelter88

Rob Liefeld is an ass, he still draws like he did years ago IT SUCKED THEN AND IT STILL DOES. He blows, because of him I quit reading Grifter, never picked up Hawk & Dove and I didn't read Deadpool Corps and the other Deadpool stuff that 90's relic drew. His faces look the same (refer to the Infinity,that was bad, H&D and any other crap he drew), he still gives women huge 80's hair, hooker heels and ridiculously ill proportionate boobs even worse than other artists, when he draws masks it's like he forgets people have noses, he still adds huge shoulder pads and mohawks (refer again to the Infinity...terrible). How can he call he call Ed McGuinness, Joe Mad or Gail Simone D-List...they're soooo good at their craft. Gail Simone...I would take a bullet for that sweet, talented, imaginative woman.

ROB LIEFELD NEEDS TO QUIT RUINING COMICS WITH HIS SHITTY ART, IT'S NOT THE 90'S ANYMORE...EVOLVE OR DIE, QUIT DRAWING CRAP. YOU ARE A D-LIST "TALENT."

Please tell Rob Liefeld this since he will probably never read this.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By daredevil21134

LOL

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Did he ever think, Marvel doesn't feature their "A-List" talent on Deadpool because they don't want to write his book? 

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#60  Edited By Queso6p4

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe he did that.This thread made me laugh so hard! All we need now is for Jeph Loeb to do something similar and I can die feeling fulfilled.

@fACEmelter88: So tell us how you really feel. :)

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@k4tzm4n said:

Yeesh. The dude talks a lot about how to handle haters but clearly isn't following his own advice.

The guy probably doesn't even follow his own advice on haters. He has such a big ego that all the hate just bounces off of it.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Bye bye any future Marvel work.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#63  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @danhimself said:

I think it's funny that he thinks of Loeb as A-list....if that's what he's striving for then there's the reason why his art is so bad

thats what I was thinking 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.