Liefeld dicks around on Twitter, insults dozens of creators.

• 63 results
#1 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so goddamn beautiful.

#3 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

ah...some people...

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12699 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is lame anyways........

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20155 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

#6 Posted by God_Spawn (37718 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#7 Edited by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

this coming from a Z-list artist

edit: ohhhh that's good...I'm gonna tweet that

#8 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of butthurt.

#9 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

This is exactly why I like Liefeld. Troll away my good sir, troll away.  

#10 Posted by Inverno (13197 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he intended Deadpool to be a Deathstroke ripp-off, its not like its their fault for making the character better though just saying.

#11 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Darn you!!! You beat me to it!!! :-)

#12 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's funny that he thinks of Loeb as A-list....if that's what he's striving for then there's the reason why his art is so bad

#13 Posted by Inverno (13197 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I think it's funny that he thinks of Loeb as A-list....if that's what he's striving for then there's the reason why his art is so bad

Agreed. Only that Jeph Loeb is a writer not a artist.

#14 Posted by MrDirector786 (43525 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I was going to say something like that. Oh well.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12975 posts) - - Show Bio

What a prick.

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (12699 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@cattlebattle said:

#17 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14595 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Have you seen the so-called and writing on deathstroke lately? and yes he does draw, badly but still draws. But you know what really ticked me off is that he said that Deadpool being a wil-e coyote as a bad thing. Because I honestly fu*king love Wil-E Coyote he is my favorite looney toon, and Deadpool is my favorite anti-hero.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Why am I not surprised.

#19 Edited by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeesh. The dude talks a lot about how to handle haters but clearly isn't following his own advice.

Staff
#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#21 Posted by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@danhimself said:

I was going for a simile or something along those lines

#23 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld - My hero!

#24 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@danhimself said:

he's write and draws...

Rob lifeild's true colors are shown!

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea cause Liefeld would love to go back to the days when Deadpool was just a rip off of Deathstroke. Afterall rip-offs and horrifyingly misshapen anatomy are his comfort zones

#26 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at the Deadpool picture on his Twitter page - he STILL hasn't learned how to draw feet! You would think someone with D-level art would be less critical, but I guess it's easier to knock those above you down than to try and rise to their level.

#27 Posted by Inverno (13197 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: Well I didn't knew that. They are both horrible creators anyway. And its "Liefeld" not "Lifeild".

#28 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he was supposed to be a nice guy in person. Guess I was wrong.

#29 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Augh, his art is like, sooooo two decades ago. Way to go Remender and Johnson for calling him out on his bs.

#30 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Who?..............

#31 Posted by BatWatch (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

So...Liefield is a jackass. The next time I feel like trying something out with his name on it, I'll try to remember that he is a douche and pass it by.

#32 Posted by The Stegman (23974 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024:  

I thought he was supposed to be a nice guy in person. Guess I was wrong.

pfft, he's a pretencious A Hole in real life, I've never heard him say anything particularly decent.
#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ Liefield. How lame...

#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Liefeld...always keeping it so classy.

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: He's kind of like Axel Rose, he was big a couple decades ago and now he still has the ego but no one gives a sh*t about him. Only difference is that there was a time when Axel was actually talented.

#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Update:

I meant it as a classification of so much talent that is unknown to me and I am unfamiliar with..

I apologize and am truly sorry to everyone I insulted with my D-list commends. I said it and can't take it back..

What a baby. If you're gonna go off on tangents and insult numerous comic book creators, at least have the balls to stick to your guns. Liefeld isn't exactly known for his etiquette, I don't think anybody's particularly surprised that he'd do something like this.

#37 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Oh Liefeld...always keeping it so classy.

this.

#38 Posted by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Dave Johnson's response: "Yes!!! I've finally been elevated to the "D list" of talent. Thanks Rob. Now if I can only learn how to ink while driving a car."

#39 Posted by Icarusflies (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@The Stegman: He's kind of like Axel Rose, he was big a couple decades ago and now he still has the ego but no one gives a sh*t about him. Only difference is that there was a time when Axel was actually talented.

When he toured recently, reviews said that Axel was still pretty good considering how much time had past...problem was that his 'new' band was miserable. And he always had the reputation of being a nasty person.

Liefeld? This could ruin him. Assuming we consider him still having a career before this of course...I'm not gonna count H&D, Deathstroke, Hawkman, and Grifter, those titles are dead to me.

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: Liefeld should just shut up and go back to drawing pouches on dudes trying to hold guns with flippers

#41 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

His Hawkman is too pointy.

#42 Posted by cameron83 (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: i didn't get what that meant

#43 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm upset this guy made me drop Deathstroke. It showed so much promise before he put his tainted hands on it..

#44 Posted by cameron83 (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: aint that the truth,did you also see what he did to lobo.....i,just went to dccomics and gave them feedback and told them not to make him touch deathstroke/lobo ever again,dont really care about zealot though (sorry zealot)

#45 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@joshmightbe said:

When he toured recently, reviews said that Axel was still pretty good considering how much time had past...problem was that his 'new' band was miserable. And he always had the reputation of being a nasty person.

Liefeld? This could ruin him. Assuming we consider him still having a career before this of course...I'm not gonna count H&D, Deathstroke, Hawkman, and Grifter, those titles are dead to me.

he's said that he's going to quit doing superhero books here soon

#46 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Rob!? Are you butt frustrated?

#47 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: Really? I thought it wasn't extreme enough with no feet and the none existence of pouches.

#48 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@I'maDC/ImageGuy!: maybe he needs Lobo's gogo boots.

#49 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Icarusflies said:

@joshmightbe said:

he's said that he's going to quit doing superhero books here soon

He's also unfortunately said that what exaggerated.

#50 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I didn't know he'd corrupted Lobo as well. What angers me is DC gave him 3 titles to write, all popular names when the books weren't even bad to begin with. They're on their way to flatlining as long as Liefeld is allowed to work for DC.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.