I noticed something about a couple of Liefeld's "New 52" books

#1 Edited by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I was looking though some of the previews of this week's DC books, and something about two of the books coming out this week caught my eye.

Does anybody else see it?

The black outlines on Grifter, Deathstroke, and Lobo's faces are all EXACTLY THE SAME.

Now, the designs of Grifter and Deathstroke's masks (and overall costumes, really) didn't look like this before Liefeld jumped aboard these titles, so clearly the consistency in the eye designs are his doing.

I don't really know what the point of this post is. I guess I just wanted to point this out. I thought it was a little amusing... in the worst way possible.

#2 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld....ugh

#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm not trying to defend any artist, but Liefeld is not the only one who draws faces the same. Many people in the industry are guilty of it.

#4 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld destroyed Lobo.

#5 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4698 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are called eye mustaches.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Those are called eye mustaches.

/thread

#7 Edited by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Good catch. Especially looks dumb on Deathstroke (his mask design has always been great - leave it alone!) and on Lobo it looks like he is joining the Bat Family, maybe borrowed one of the Robin's domino masks.

Lobobin!

#FAIL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.