An observation about your favorite artist Rob Liefeld

#1 Posted by Rick475069 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Would it be that difficult for this guy or any other artist to learn how to draw feet or a character in the correct proportions late in their careers or does Rob Liefeld not give a s**t?

#2 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering his recent actions, I'd say the latter.

#3 Posted by LifePool (137 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually did a good job in Deathstroke #0. Don't get me wrong, he's a terrible artist and should find a new means of supporting himself, but he just needs to try harder. That being said, they're plenty of artist who are much more talented than he is and willing to try much harder than him, so no sympathy from me if he loses his job.

#4 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I found these images over at Bleeding Cool. Liefeld directly copied the art from Tales Of Teen Titans 43. I don't even know how this got past editorial or why Marv Wolfman and George Perez didn't receive credit for their work since Liefeld just copied it all.

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger said:

I found these images over at Bleeding Cool. Liefeld directly copied the art from Tales Of Teen Titans 43. I don't even know how this got past editorial or why Marv Wolfman and George Perez didn't receive credit for their work since Liefeld just copied it all.

Wow. I don't even know what to say about this right here. O_O

#6 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonAvenger said:

Unbelievable... just when I thought he couldn't sink any lower

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not tracing the art, that much is obvious, I think Liefeld is trying to convey that his origin hasn't changed. It's not him being a tool!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.