Follow

Rob Guillory

Person » Rob Guillory is credited in 259 issues.

He's a comic book penciller, inker and colorist, currently working on Farmhand. Previously worked on two Eisner winner CHEW from Image.

CHEW #1 up to 35 bucks on ebay!

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Roxanne Starr

Congratulations, Rob!

CHEW #1 is up to 35 bucks and climbing on ebay!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Wow... I couldn't find that one, but this one is $26.  That's a LOT for a new comic!  I'm glad I grabbed the last copy on the shelf :D

I tried to tell my best friend about it, but he just looked at me as if I'm mad.  Silly boy.  I'll have to make him read it.

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Roxanne Starr

There was one that a dealer was trying to get $35 for yesterday, but couldn't get it. He let it go for $25.

Right now, there's one that's been bid up to $26 so far in an auction that is ending today.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Madness!  It's still just a comic... I'm glad I didn't wait for the whole series to come out, although I do still wince at having to pay cover price (I'm such a tight-arse)

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Roxanne Starr

There's another dealer whose trying to get $39.99 now.

passionfruits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By passionfruits

It indeed has gone crazy! Chew is in its third printing now for issue 1 and second printing for issue 2. Hopefully it has the staying power of Walking Dead or Invincible.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't mind having a second print for issue 2, but I'm still narked that Forbidden Planet blatantly didn't have any copies of it to begin with.  Grrrr...

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @xerox-kitty:

The already sold-out #1 2nd printing is now selling for $12.95 on ebay...1st printing tops out at $50.

Fortunately I have a lot of the 2nd's. I'll put one aside for you if you need it. I know you have a 1st print of your own, but didn't you want a 2nd for a friend?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

LOL, thanks but no thanks... I just have to wait for issue 2 to be reprinted.  I can't believe it sold out before the end of the day when #1 took nearly a week to sell out.  People in this town are weird.  Or the shop I went to lowered their order :(

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Zoom

Maybe I'm crazy but why would one spend 35 dollars on an Image comic by a guy who's longest run on a book was the Gambit mini and another guy who has drawn nothing else in comics?

I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover but this cover says "Take me out of the bargin bin for 99 cents two months later."

Is it really that good?

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @Zoom said:
    " Maybe I'm crazy but why would one spend 35 dollars on an Image comic by a guy who's longest run on a book was the Gambit mini and another guy who has drawn nothing else in comics?I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover but this cover says "Take me out of the bargin bin for 99 cents two months later."Is it really that good? "
    People like it. The Walking Dead and Invincible graphic novels have become perennial best-sellers on the order of Preacher, Transmetropolitan and Sandman and  they are also Image books. Some books from Image do get very popular.
    Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @xerox-kitty:

Retailers were freaking out because Chew#1 3rd printing and Chew #2 2nd printing were going into back order. But the Image guy who does the PR on the retailer site said all back orders will be filled. YAYYYY!

They will be coming out the same day as #3...the first Wednesday in August.
    passionfruits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By passionfruits

I think the appeal of the comic is the novelty, and not necessarily the quality. I mean it is a good book and though Image does have some stinkers, this I do not think, will be one of them. It is a quality book with a very unique hero. He thirst for justice and his odd relationship with what he chews really can make for some exciting story lines. Hopefully it can be sustained.

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @passionfruits said:
    " I think the appeal of the comic is the novelty, and not necessarily the quality. I mean it is a good book and though Image does have some stinkers, this I do not think, will be one of them. It is a quality book with a very unique hero. He thirst for justice and his odd relationship with what he chews really can make for some exciting story lines. Hopefully it can be sustained. "
    It's obvious that Rob is in it for the long haul and his art does have a "look." However, the writing is not quite that strong in my opinion. I thought the writing on Chew #2 was better than the first issue, but Layman "is no Robert Kirkman" when it comes to delivering a hit-you-in-the-head-with-a-baseball-bat punchline. It would be a shame if this book dies on the vine because an absolutely brilliant idea doesn't generate an equally brilliant script.
    passionfruits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By passionfruits

I bet it will end up being as popular as Proof is from Image comics; a sort of cult following. I really hope it succeeds first because it is such a unique story and second because I have the first issue first printing.

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @passionfruits said:
    "...and second because I have the first issue first printing. "
    So do I, buddy!   ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.