Follow

Rip Hunter's Blackboard

Object » Rip Hunter's Blackboard appears in 38 issues.

The time traveler's notes about future events in the DC universe. It freguently appears in his lab, mostly in 52 or Booster Gold. It's writing are ever changing due to the fluid nature of the timestream.

Back to the Blackboard

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

I picked up the Justice League International annual today just because ... well ... I am not sure why.  I kind of wanted to see what would happen to Godiva and I kind of wanted to read the last issue (I already reviewed this so excuse me if this is repetitive from there).  What I got was mostly what I was expecting except for the last bit.  Three out of the last eight pages were a complete throwback to one of my favourite series of all time - 52 (there are spoilers ahead by the way.)  What we get here is basically the same as Rip Hunter's blackboard from that series except with a lot less information as the future version of Booster appears and informs present the present day Booster.  To be sure there is something brewing at DC, the Daemonites are showing up everywhere and wanting to invade the Earth and the Guardians are set to unleash a new army (actually they already kind of did in the GL Annual).  Additionally all the fans got a dose of "what is Pandora up to?" in the first issues of all the new 52, but a of yet don't really have much of an answer.  Now in addition there are Rip and Booster poking around trying to fix something which is wrong though we don't know what that is (just like in 52 I should point out.)  

I should maybe frame this with my own opinion of the Wonder Woman/Superman romance.  I really don't like it as a concept, though I am open-minded enough to give anything a shot before discounting it (that having been said I didn't really buy the dialogue leading up to the kiss either.)  With this new development though it causes me to basically rethink everything to do with it.  Lee and Johns get their fair share of criticism for what they are doing with Justice League, but having the the ambiguous time travelers show up raises things up a notch.  The romance looks like it will have more to do with the characters than to raise sales, so now, while I may still be a little skeptical, I am also intrigued.  

No Caption Provided
    MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MonkeyToe

I was wondering about what is going on with Booster too. Like you, I picked this book up on a whim after canceling it from my pull list a few months ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.