Riddlers Best and Worst Incarnation?

#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is arkham city riddler is the best and jim carey was the worst but what do you think?

It can be from a comic a graphic novel, tv show etc.

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

I think People were actually fond of Jim Carrey's riddler.

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like how The Riddler was portrayed in Young Justice, his design just seemed kind of weird.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

Best:

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

I didn't like how The Riddler was portrayed in Young Justice, his design just seemed kind of weird.

Same here. He just didn't really shine as The Riddler. They modernized him a bit too much.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@CrimsonCake said:

I didn't like how The Riddler was portrayed in Young Justice, his design just seemed kind of weird.

Same here. He just didn't really shine as The Riddler. They modernized him a bit too much.

WTF?? He had like 3 lines and wore a green suit....I think versions like the Marilyn Manson Riddler from The Batman was way worse
#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@CrimsonCake said:

I didn't like how The Riddler was portrayed in Young Justice, his design just seemed kind of weird.

Same here. He just didn't really shine as The Riddler. They modernized him a bit too much.

WTF?? He had like 3 lines and wore a green suit....I think versions like the Marilyn Manson Riddler from The Batman was way worse

I know, I know. I nitpick a lot, but I still didn't like that version of Riddler.

#8 Posted by stumpy49er (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst: John Astin in the Batman t.v. show from the 60's. Best: hard to say cuz I love a lot of them. Probably Arkham City. Though I also really enjoyed Batman TAS version.

#9 Posted by PurpleCandy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumpy49er said:

Worst: John Astin in the Batman t.v. show from the 60's. Best: hard to say cuz I love a lot of them. Probably Arkham City. Though I also really enjoyed Batman TAS version.

Not neccesairly. i think Riddler in the 60s show was acceptable at THAT time

#10 Posted by stumpy49er (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but if were comparing the 60's actors, I think Frank Gorshin is awesome and pretty much made Riddler the popular character that he is. Whereas John Astin just did not work for me. He's great in Adams Family though.

#11 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: When he is Edward Nigma, not The Riddler.

Worst: Young Justice

#12 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that the Arkham Version or the Animated Series versions were the best. I don't actually hate the The Batman version an awful lot, but Jim Carrey's was unwatchable.

#13 Edited by PaperDemon (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: Arkham city

worst: Brave and the bold. Ugh entire show sucked.

#14 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: Arkham City

Worst: Young Justice

#15 Edited by AmazingWebHead (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: "The Batman"

Worst: "Young Justice"

I base my decision not on his appearance, but on how good with riddles he actually is. In YJ, he only told like 2 or 3, and they were really bad ones. (Hell, one was a freaking light bulb joke!!!) And his voice was really annoying. In "The Batman", his every sentence was some kind of riddle, and his "knowledge is power" philosophy fit very well. Because that's what the Riddler is supposed to be: a villain that makes you think.

#16 Posted by Cloakx14 (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: "The Batman"

Worst: "Young Justice"

I base my decision not on his appearance, but on how good with riddles he actually is. In YJ, he only told like 2 or 3, and they were really bad ones. (Hell, one was a freaking light bulb joke!!!) And his voice was really annoying. In "The Batman", his every sentence was some kind of riddle, and his "knowledge is power" philosophy fit very well. Because that's what the Riddler is supposed to be: a villain that makes you think.

Same here.

#17 Posted by The_Tree (7940 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Riddler and the current/Snyder Riddler are my favorites. I also agree that while his look was garbage, The Batman's was a pretty well written incarnation.

The Batman Forever and Young Justice versions were pretty weak.

Online
#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (15437 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Arkham Riddler and the current/Snyder Riddler are my favorites. I also agree that while his look was garbage, The Batman's was a pretty well written incarnation.

The Batman Forever and Young Justice versions were pretty weak.

Agreed,that show gets too much flak.

#19 Posted by The_Tree (7940 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Yeah. It had the poor misfortune of having to follow up Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond.

I think its version of the Joker is also one of the best, besides his ape-like physicality and Jester/Rasta appearance. He was absolutely creepy and disturbing, especially in the Batman vs. Dracula movie and the episodes where he made Clayface.

Online
#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (15064 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a lot of good versions of the Riddler but my favorite one is the Arkham City one and my least favorite one is the Batman Forever one of Jim Carrey.

#21 Posted by Transformers1024 (4089 posts) - - Show Bio

If there was a different director and a better script, I feel like Jim Carey could have been a fantastic Riddler!

Online
#22 Posted by AmazingWebHead (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.