Follow

Riddler

Character » Riddler appears in 1571 issues.

Edward Nigma is a villain obsessed with riddles, puzzles, and brain teasers, who took the alias of the Riddler to commit crimes. Riddler frequently tries to outsmart Gotham's hero Batman, but is always defeated by the Dark Knight.

RIDDLER IS NEW BATMAN VILLAIN! (duh)

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Chaos Burn

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/07/20/excl-studio-casting-names-the-riddler-as-batman-3-villain/

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Chaos Burn

No Caption Provided

bump!
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By sexy_merc

Nice choice.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chaos Burn

i personally was hoping for David Tennat after there was the rumor for him.... but i wish the best for this actor

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Burn

bumppppp

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gambit987

now a mob-penquin and it is just how I imagined.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By G'bandit

There goes the franchise

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @gambit987: well they do include several villains in his films... rahs al gul + scarecrow... joker + two face.... maybe we'll see another villain?
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Gylan Thomas

I'm sorta disappointed.
    Isn't Riddler just a a poor mans Joker?

Bat's has the best rogues gallery in comics. They could've given us a little variety .

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @Gylan Thomas: 
    Variety? a woman who can control plants? a man with a big freeze ray gun? a hulkin mexican wrestler on venom?    if you asked me, out of Batmans rogues galleries, Riddler is perfect for Nolanverse
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @Chaos Burn said:
    " @Gylan Thomas:  Variety? a woman who can control plants? a man with a big freeze ray gun? a hulkin mexican wrestler on venom?    if you asked me, out of Batmans rogues galleries, Riddler is perfect for Nolanverse "
    Well when you put it that way, yeah.
    But you're list isn't all batman's villains. Controlling plants is a relatively new thing for Ivy too She used to be a poisoner more than anything else. And the venom could work if handled well. Like a steroid.

I'm just saying Riddler's as little similar to Joker is all.

Good choice of actor though.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Hamz

Chris Nolan has done a great job of making the unbelievable world of Batman as believable as possible. Arguably characters like Clayface, Bane, Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy are not suited for his vision without severely butchering the characters which in turn angers the fans.

So I'd rather see semi-believable characters like the Riddler appear in the third film than see them butcher someone like Clayface into being something that, arguably, he isn't.

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gambit987
    @Chaos Burn: joker is very differnt from riddler and i have faith in nolan
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @gambit987: I never said he was.... 
    Joker - chaotic, unpredictable and ruthless
    Riddler - obsessive, calculating and cold
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By G'bandit

I don't know how this will work..

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @G'bandit said:
    " I don't know how this will work.. "
    you worried that he'll be too similar?
    gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gambit987
    @G'bandit:  o soryy i mean i to gylan thomas
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chaos Burn

hey, if anyone doubts  Jospeh Gordon Levitt being an obsessive, problem solving, loon
    watch 'Brick'... you'll be converted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVzHeJ0Z3I

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By G'bandit

Na I worry that death traps are not really a big deal..

RiddlingGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RiddlingGambit

Riddler is a great choice & I'm looking forward to the movie. Anyone who says he is a poor man's Joker is just revealing their own ignorance. 

KingLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KingLoki

Riddler is both a great and obvious choice for this movie, I think. I do hope there is a second villain also, I'd still like Penguin or Black Mask to appear.

Avatar image for bastion_the_master__sentinel
    Bastion the Master--Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

damn, I wanted to see Black Mask, ithink he would be a great villain in a film. He would be perfect for such a dark mood that we saw in the dark knight. Some "Underground-criminal-war-everyone-vs-everyone-vs-batman-vs-Black Mask-story" would be cool. even better if they would pack some more batman villains in the film , for mask´s gang, maybe deadshot; mr. zsasz or firefly maybe...

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chaos Burn
    @Bastion the Master--Sentinel: i was thinking firefly would be cool just as a cameo, like an arsonist Batman tracks down to get clues or something

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah clues to get black mask ;)

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By G'bandit

I think they should get Black Mask instead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god bless you g´bandit!

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By G'bandit

Amen :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and wouldn´t it be awesome to see crsipin glover as black mask?

RiddlingGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RiddlingGambit

Black Mask has a starring role in the film "Batman: Under the Red Hood". Be happy & shush already!  

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Nighthunter

The riddler is one of the greatest batman villains, my second one after Ra's al ghul

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By DH69

hmm with him as the riddler i hope nolan makes him look truely sadistic for me to even find him interesting

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By Strafe Prower

Take his BAMF attitude from Gotham City Sirens and put it with a willingness to kill, and you have me sold. 

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By johnny_spam

Nolan goes through great details to keep his material under wraps there is no way a internet website would have any sort of confirmation before he or someone from Warners says something official people need to build up their BS barrier and not think that just cause some website says something it is the truth. 

csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By csimon

All I want to ask is why do the batman movies need to have a real feel to them? Spiderman, Iron man and even Hulk the 2nd one  don't have a real feel and they are amazing. We read comics and go to the movies to escape reality and reason. So I don't see why we will never get to see a clay face and or a good poison ivy, bane or Freeze. Why should we as true fans miss out on other great characters? Where does Nolan get the right to say just cause Bat man has no powers he cant fight any one with out powers? 

If and when a Batman-Superman movies comes out or a JLA then what?  How can there be guys like them around but not in the most crime ridden place in the whole DCU. Any way How is Batman going to keep up to the rest of the JLA????????  See my point it’s crap sorry it is like the movies or not it's not cool we the ones that have mad batman who he is today. To add what the hell is Nolan going to do to the superman movie? Make him more real if I want that I will watch smallvill.....  So let me get this right LEX with no powers has faced one of if not the most powerful hero of all time, and On the other hand you have Batman the best of the best with out powers can’t  face any one with powers of any kind???? Come on people we should all boycott his movies. If he was to do that to the comic it's self you all know you would all boycott then why is this any different? I just saying it just makes no sense.    

sasarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35  Edited By sasarai

Great choice and I hope the Penguin or Black Mask is the second villains, actually three Sal Maroni in the dark knight and Falcone in Begins are also batman villains. Anyway my faith in Nolan is blind and limitless if he chose Maxi Zeus and the Mad Hatter to be the villains I would be equally excited. My dream second villain would be the ventriloquist Arnold Wesker, played by Crispin Glover and Scarface voiced by Al Paccino, that would rule.    

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gambit987

oh scarface would be awesome but maybe a little bit too farfetched in nolanverse maybe notd o you think he could pull it off

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By johnny_spam
    @csimon:  @csimon said:

"

All I want to ask is why do the batman movies need to have a real feel to them? Spiderman, Iron man and even Hulk the 2nd one  don't have a real feel and they are amazing. We read comics and go to the movies to escape reality and reason. So I don't see why we will never get to see a clay face and or a good poison ivy, bane or Freeze. Why should we as true fans miss out on other great characters? Where does Nolan get the right to say just cause Bat man has no powers he cant fight any one with out powers? 

If and when a Batman-Superman movies comes out or a JLA then what?  How can there be guys like them around but not in the most crime ridden place in the whole DCU. Any way How is Batman going to keep up to the rest of the JLA????????  See my point it’s crap sorry it is like the movies or not it's not cool we the ones that have mad batman who he is today. To add what the hell is Nolan going to do to the superman movie? Make him more real if I want that I will watch smallvill.....  So let me get this right LEX with no powers has faced one of if not the most powerful hero of all time, and On the other hand you have Batman the best of the best with out powers can’t  face any one with powers of any kind???? Come on people we should all boycott his movies. If he was to do that to the comic it's self you all know you would all boycott then why is this any different? I just saying it just makes no sense.    

"
    I don't think Batman is realistic either but his movies have been financially and critically successful more so then those two Marvel movies he is clearly putting story and acting above more then anything else these movies are about a good story trust him and he has said his Batman won't crossover with any other superhero so the JLA question is not a factor since he is not part of it. (watch at San Diego they announce a JLA film) Also he is not writing the Superman film David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan are he is producing. Why boycott something you have not seen yet or know nothing about?

@sasarai:  @sasarai said:

"  Great choice and I hope the Penguin or Black Mask is the second villains, actually three Sal Maroni in the dark knight and Falcone in Begins are also batman villains. Anyway my faith in Nolan is blind and limitless if he chose Maxi Zeus and the Mad Hatter to be the villains I would be equally excited. My dream second villain would be the ventriloquist Arnold Wesker, played by Crispin Glover and Scarface voiced by Al Paccino, that would rule.     "

Like I said we have no official confirmation. 
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Nighthunter
    @csimon said:
    "

"
    The best thing about Batman is that it can be up to the interpretation of the writer, Bruce is the one character than more than any other can play either the vigilante or superhero angle and not have it look far fetched. If we see Punisher fighting Mephisto or Green Lantern having problems with the mafia it looks stupid, Batman can do either. This is Nolan's take on the character, he wanted to play with the vigilante aspect, Burton and Shumacher played the superhero angle, there is enough place for both.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By TheMess1428

I don't believe that it's true.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next villian is Joel Schumasgher r whatever his name was.
    To be honest the next villians is Egg Tut

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.