Riddler Casting Call

#1 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11406 posts) - - Show Bio
Micheal C. Hall, Robert Knepper, Matthew Gray Gubler and thats all the actors i could actually think at this moment.
#2 Posted by hydro 300 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good casting call ! I would definetly take Robert Knepper as Riddler

 

  

#3 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
Terry Crews

#4 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:
He looks like Bane.
#5 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Personily, I can picture John Glover being the Riddler. he already has the voice and he is familiar to the DC universe. He has proven that he can be a cunning and intellent villain as Lional Luthor. It would be interesting to see him as Edward Nigma in a live action film.



Moderator
#6 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11406 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet:
I dont know, i think people will say look in the Sky is SuperBatman. 
Still i like him more like Arkham or Better Black Mask
#7 Posted by RiddlingGambit (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jude Law could play a good Riddler

#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Joseph Gordon Levitt 

#9 Posted by WHiTEWiNG (47 posts) - - Show Bio


I don't know actually.

But I hope it will be someone good enough to play as the Riddler.

#10 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7891 posts) - - Show Bio

David Tennant.

#11 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay:
Dr. Who? 
I dont know, i like him, but i think in him more like the Scarecrow for some reason Or like Black Mask
#12 Posted by Twelve (229 posts) - - Show Bio

 
#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Twelve:
WTF is wrong with Eddie Murphy? 
He looks like that Green thing from Ghostbusters.
#14 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugh Laurie...

#15 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2 said:
" Hugh Laurie... "
thatsa  quite good choice 
#16 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: Definitely an interesting choice, maybe a little old though. 
 
I'm not sure who I'd pick.
#17 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mediant: well when you think about it Riddler doesn't need to be a physical threat so it'd be pretty easy for Hugh to do it. The pair I'm hoping for in B3 is Bane and Riddler, see Batman pushed to his max mentally and physically...
#18 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Jude Law (from guy above)
 

Or Michael C. Hall ^
#19 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

wait for it ... Sam Rockwell (I know he is Justin Hammer but he asked to play in a superhero movie and he is one of my favorite actors.


#20 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyelash30 said:

Michael C. Hall was already a reporter in Nolan's 'The Dark Knight.' Contributive actors as Riddler could include Johnny Depp, Matthew Fox, Michael Biehn, Michael Vartan, Bradley Cooper, Edward Norton, Hayden Christainsen, Josh Harnett, or even Ryan Gosling. Terry Crews would suffice as Black Spider/Eric Needham or Firebug. John Glover would be better as Tally Man. Ditch the prior interpts of the Riddler to exceptions of Glover's portrayal in the animated series of Batman, initiate no comparissons with the Joker at all. Riddler is an arrogant, death-trap setting narcisistic anti-social personality complex; but his shallow one-ups to people and the Batman is far less than ego. A riddle is a puzzle or game with a clue in it. Above it all Riddler is Edward Nigma, a simple enigma, a manipulative liar.

That was Anthony C. Hall, Micheal is younger, bigger and haves red hair.

The ones in black are bad casting option, i mean Josh and Hayden ciould do great acting, but most of the times they lack something, Johnny Depp is to damn comfort zone casting to the point is boring and Bracley cant act.

Edward Norton could do anything he wants, he is just to damn good to be real, Marvel must be insane to decide to lose hiimm.

#21 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyelash30: Norton tries to be a more paranoid Banner, if you see in the movie Hulk was cause by how his body react to his emotions, not only to one emotion, so he feels more paranoid of what hulk could cause.

Also his Banner was more like the TV show, that the comic book, so i actually feel more connection with hims for the fact i have always liked more the tv show that the comic book.

#22 Posted by CELKali (28 posts) - - Show Bio

So sad that Riddler wont appear in Dark Knight Rises. But, if he did here's what I think would work :P.

The thing about Riddler is that he's been described as not exactly... handsome. Suave and charming, yes; handsome, not so much. Which is why I could see David Tennant or, as seen above, Sam Rockwell playing him. I have no idea where this whole Eddie Murphy for Riddler thing came from, but I think he would take it in places that Jim Carrey did. And I somewhat agree with Poet about John Glover, but that would mean he'd have to cut that monstrous mane off again, and we can't have that.

My vote would go to Lee Evans. He's British, yeah, but he can do a great American accent. If you don't know him, watch the Doctor Who episode Planet of the Dead. Its one of David's last episodes. The image adding thing is being a bitch so I can't post a picture. Just look it up.

#23 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@CELKali said:

My vote would go to Lee Evans. He's British, yeah, but he can do a great American accent. If you don't know him, watch the Doctor Who episode Planet of the Dead. Its one of David's last episodes. The image adding thing is being a bitch so I can't post a picture. Just look it up.

The Steelers are already in that movie, now you want the Ravens wide receiver playing the Riddler?

Maybe Andy Dalton can play the Red Hood.

The Cleveland Browns can all play extras (nobody recognizes any of them anyway).

Call it The Dark Knight Rises in the AFC North.

#24 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumpy49er: yeah, I can just see a foot ball player playing Riddler :P

Watch out Bane!

of course, it would go with the original story...with Riddler being given venom-related enhancements...

Moderator
#25 Posted by Joygirl (20060 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm repulsed by the fact that nobody has said NPH yet. He is dream casting for an intelligent, cocky, suave villain. He'd barely even have to act to be a flawless Riddler.

#26 Posted by CELKali (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@stumpy49er: yeah, I can just see a foot ball player playing Riddler :P

Watch out Bane!

of course, it would go with the original story...with Riddler being given venom-related enhancements...

@stumpy49er said:

@CELKali said:

My vote would go to Lee Evans. He's British, yeah, but he can do a great American accent. If you don't know him, watch the Doctor Who episode Planet of the Dead. Its one of David's last episodes. The image adding thing is being a bitch so I can't post a picture. Just look it up.

The Steelers are already in that movie, now you want the Ravens wide receiver playing the Riddler?

Maybe Andy Dalton can play the Red Hood.

The Cleveland Browns can all play extras (nobody recognizes any of them anyway).

Call it The Dark Knight Rises in the AFC North.

Evidently I watch Football now. I meant this Lee Evans, thank you very much:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Evans_(comedian)

#27 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay said:

David Tennant.

- Agreed, he can switch between serious and manic and not come off as a clown

#28 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@CELKali said:

Evidently I watch Football now. I meant this Lee Evans, thank you very much:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Evans_(comedian)

I suspected it was an actor...

I could see him as the riddler...plus being a comedian he could actually be funny (*snide jab at jim carrey*)

Moderator
#29 Posted by CELKali (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@CELKali said:

Evidently I watch Football now. I meant this Lee Evans, thank you very much:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Evans_(comedian)

I suspected it was an actor...

I could see him as the riddler...plus being a comedian he could actually be funny (*snide jab at jim carrey*)

The funny thing here is that I didn't mind Jim Carrey for a long while, until a few years ago. And then I realized he was trying way too hard to be Frank Gorshin's Riddler and that kind of ruined the whole damn thing.

#30 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

I'm repulsed by the fact that nobody has said NPH yet. He is dream casting for an intelligent, cocky, suave villain. He'd barely even have to act to be a flawless Riddler.

I'm suprised by how much I agree with that choice

#31 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin Williams anyone? A darker more sinister Riddler.

#32 Posted by entropy_aegis (15451 posts) - - Show Bio

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Robin Williams anyone? A darker more sinister Riddler.

=Joker.

Making Riddler dark and sinister defeats the essence of the character.

#33 Posted by The Stegman (24990 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny Depp 
 
 

#34 Posted by PunyBanner (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Crispin Glover

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.