Greg Capullo Teases Riddler Image

• 72 results
Posted by G-Man (37611 posts) - - Show Bio

Readers of BATMAN know that Greg Capullo attacks the drawing board each month with his amazing art. We are in the midst of the Death of the Family crossover. As exciting as the story is and while we should remained focused on that story, it's hard not to think about what might be coming next.

Scott Snyder has hinted that he has a Riddler story coming. Today, Greg posted this picture on his Deviant Art page.

Could this mean we'll be getting the version of the Riddler in the suit rather than the one wearing tights? I have a feeling we'll find out a little more about the Riddler later this week.

#1 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw yeah suit wearing Riddler is awesome! Can't wait for this! Snyder's a writer who knows how to write captivating stories and I'm sure he'll do that with the Riddler too! This artwork is neat as well!

#2 Posted by kennybaese (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad that they ditched the question mark mohawk thing for the character design. That's not to say that I wouldn't have been interested in seeing something a little more... original, but that design was exceptionally dumb.

#3 Posted by mksystem74 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

When Snyder was asking fans on Twitter what kind of stories we would like to see I told him a Riddler one.... Looks like I'll be getting what I want... pic looks great!

#4 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great! Cant wait see what Snyder and Capullo have in store for him!

#5 Posted by Mucklefluga (2608 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo!

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely love that image. Wow!

#7 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see that Capullo was able to debut his version of the Riddler himself. I know he was kinda ticked when DC decided to reveal his redesigned Joker in some solicits without notifying him. Not that they had to, but it would have been nice to give the guy a head's up.

Anyways, it looks good. Can't wait to see what Snyder and Capullo have in store with Riddler.

#8 Posted by saoakden (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be awesome to see what Snyder and Capullo do with him in Batman. The Riddler hasn't always been one of my favorite Batman villains but this might change that.

#9 Posted by CBninja (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really a riddled fan in the slightest but with Snyder writing it I just can't say no.

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7857 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, but please, please, please don't be a crossover.

#11 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

e nigma

#12 Posted by mattwing87 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I agree. I bought all the Court of the Owls issues but this time I am only buying the Death of the Family issues that are already on my pull list (Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl)

#13 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@saoakden: Agreed. I don't really know much about him because he's never piqued my interest to look into him.

#14 Posted by nikocb (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Capullo stated earlier today that this is the sketch he will be handing out at the New Orleans WizCon. That doesn't mean there won't be an upcoming Riddler story, but I don't think the intention of his post was to 'tease' said story.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Riddler? Hell yeah. Suit Riddler? Oh God YESSSSSSS

#16 Posted by Falconer (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87 said:

@The_Tree said:

I agree. I bought all the Court of the Owls issues but this time I am only buying the Death of the Family issues that are already on my pull list (Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl)

Batgirl? On someone's pull list? That must be a mistake, right?

#17 Posted by ccraft (5490 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope The Riddler riddles Batman a riddle!

#18 Posted by saoakden (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

@G_Money_Christmas: All I know about the Riddler is what I've seen in the Batman Animated Series. Smart guy that uses riddles to throw off people or to challenge Batman's brains & rip off some rich guy. & the Batman stories I've read that have The Riddler in the story, he really didn't strike me as the kind of guy to be taken seriously or to be a threat. Well maybe in the Hush story he was a threat but that's all I can remember.

#19 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer suit riddler my self

#20 Posted by cagedleo730 (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@kennyshat said:

I'm glad that they ditched the question mark mohawk thing for the character design. That's not to say that I wouldn't have been interested in seeing something a little more... original, but that design was exceptionally dumb.

The mohawk look was never gonna be the permanent Riddler re-design. Capullo explained that Riddler would do that to identify himself when Arkham Asylum guards takes all his regular clothing and Riddler stick. You also say Professor Pyg make a makeshift mask out of pillow cases and such. With the AA breakout, Riddler goes back to his normal wear.

#21 Posted by Mr_riddler (15734 posts) - - Show Bio

Why a Domino mask? The sunglasses are better.

#22 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh thank goodness. He looks so much better than he did in arkham.

#23 Posted by kennybaese (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

@cagedleo730: Fair enough. Either way, I'm glad to see it wasn't permanent.

#24 Posted by mattwing87 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Falconer said:

@mattwing87 said:

@The_Tree said:

Batgirl? On someone's pull list? That must be a mistake, right?

Hey Batgirl is awesome! Great art and a great writer. I am curious to see how her Death of the Family issues are!

#25 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@saoakden: Yeah me too. The Arkham games, too... and that awful Batman Forever (it was that one, right? Not Batman and Robin?) I haven't read any stories with him in it yet, either.

#26 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

*SQUEAL*

#27 Posted by alex6166 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Riddle me this, Batman!

#28 Posted by longbowhunter (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I've loved the P.I. Riddler we've seen the past few years. Looking forward to this story.

#29 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Sort of lost respect for the whole Batman series when I saw the mohawk, but with this my faith is restored. I have had Batman unoffically on my pull list for a while because I wasn't sure if I how I felt about the mohawk, but this image restores my faith.

#30 Posted by RigorMortis (88 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! As long as he doesn't have that question mark mohawk from the first issue this should be amazing.

#31 Posted by Jethrin (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome!

#32 Posted by Grey56 (753 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do this right, this could be the best since Adams. Yes, I said that.

#33 Posted by saoakden (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

@G_Money_Christmas: Yes it was Batman Forever. The Batman and Robin movie had Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy. There is probably a story that involves Riddler being a threat or being more serious but I'm drawing a blank. Bright side is a year from now when someone asks What's a good Riddler story, we can say its this story by Scott Snyder & amazing art by Greg Capullo.

#34 Posted by Mutated_jedi (28 posts) - - Show Bio

This teaser is quite a riddle.

#35 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait.

#36 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@cagedleo730 said:

@kennyshat said:

The mohawk look was never gonna be the permanent Riddler re-design. Capullo explained that Riddler would do that to identify himself when Arkham Asylum guards takes all his regular clothing and Riddler stick. You also say Professor Pyg make a makeshift mask out of pillow cases and such. With the AA breakout, Riddler goes back to his normal wear.

Wow. That's awesome, never thought of it like that.

#37 Posted by bladewolf (823 posts) - - Show Bio

I have so much faith in this team finally doing the Riddler justice!

#38 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY this is just going to be another great Scott Snyder story

#39 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

All my favorite Riddler stories come from B:TAS. They made Edward just creepy enough. Too creepy and the riddles seem like the machinations of a sick puppy, too light-hearted and he'll seem like a pushover for the Dark Knight, and a bit too schlocky. B:TAS managed that perfect balance.

Can't wait to see what a writer of Snyder's caliber can do with this character. I have high hopes for this storyline more than any he's done to date. The Court of Owls showed us that Snyder can create new and compelling fiction not only for Batman, but for all of Gotham City. And any one of us can cite a dozen great Joker stories already so tackling the Joker, while exciting as a reader and fan is fun, I'm most interested in what Snyder can do with a character who isn't original or already a fan favorite. I know people dig the Riddler, but I don't know anyone who says "Riddler is my FAVORITE Batman villain". I'm sure a dozen people will quote this to tell me Riddler is their favorite just to be contrary, but whatever. I hope I am getting my point across. I like the character a lot and am eager to see him used in a meaningful way. And Snyder is just the guy to make that happen! :)

#40 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

After Riddler please do Mr Freeze with a full court of owls or death of family (length wise, i know he was in annual, but i want MOOAARRR =D)... if not Freeze, then do two face yeah... oh i jizz for Snyder!! 0.0

#41 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be a cover.

#42 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4002 posts) - - Show Bio

The Riddler is somehow involved in this. I mean he was responsible for the Hush storyline. But hey, I could be wrong. Cool art by the way...

#43 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baberaham_Lincoln said:

After Riddler please do Mr Freeze with a full court of owls or death of family (length wise, i know he was in annual, but i want MOOAARRR =D)... if not Freeze, then do two face yeah... oh i jizz for Snyder!! 0.0

that what she said

#44 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cavemold: oooooohhh ^_^ nicccee

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#46 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Omigawd. I love the Riddler. I've always found him to be one of Batman's most underused villains.

#47 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh...hellz...yeah. This will be GREAT! Riddler, welcome back I say!

#48 Posted by RustyRoy (13523 posts) - - Show Bio

are there any good Riddler stories in comics? He is one of most popular Batman villains and there are hardly any good stories about him. Hope this story changes everything.

#49 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

are there any good Riddler stories in comics? He is one of most popular Batman villains and there are hardly any good stories about him. Hope this story changes everything.

his part in Long Halloween was good,

#50 Posted by comic_shaun (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, If anyone here was listening to the podcast last week, you know I was wanting to cancel Batman. To clarify, I was finding Snyder's run to be gettting progressively darker, too dark even for my tastes. However this Image has made me come back to my sences, I hope a bit of the Arkham city persona of Riddler is shown in his story. But this design works for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.