Favorite versions of the Riddler

#1 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Many of people who like a character usually have a favorite version of this character. What apearence of the Riddler do you most like? Why do you like it? (If you have/can find a pic, please include so we can all see and comment, thanks that would be appreciated).

#2 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio
@dementedtheclown: really that is what you are going for? That form of one of the riddler? That is your Favorite? really?
#4 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8857 posts) - - Show Bio

How he is portrayed in Hush, nuff said.

#5 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach: yeah. That was cool. Personal favorite.
#6 Edited by RiddlingGambit (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Frank Gorshin's villainous Riddler the most personally. I felt that Riddler was very cunning & out of his mind. That version inspired many versions of the Riddler (Challenge of the SuperFriends, the Batman/Superman Hour, the comics). It was Frank's idea to have him also wear a suit & bowler aside from the green tights, which inspired how BTAS Riddler & 'Hush' Riddler looked, also favorites of mine. I basically like him as a confident, clever, insane villain who challenges & plays sinister mind games with Batman & is obsessed with committing crimes. Paul Dini's 'reformed' E.Nigma is just okay and was somewhat amusing, but the best Riddler stories are when he concocts bizarre elaborate dangerous schemes & forces Batman to be more detective than knight.

#7 Edited by Mr_riddler (15734 posts) - - Show Bio

The best version of the Riddler was in my opinion, is is that seen in Legends of the Dark Knight 185-189.     

then we continued with that version in Green arrow 50, but obviously  was dismissed this renovation of the character.  

#8 Posted by RiddlingGambit (204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_riddler: That is indeed a very good Riddler. Too bad we never saw that version again. At least he gave Green Arrow a good beating.     

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.