Follow

Riddler

Character » Riddler appears in 1572 issues.

Edward Nigma is a villain obsessed with riddles, puzzles, and brain teasers, who took the alias of the Riddler to commit crimes. Riddler frequently tries to outsmart Gotham's hero Batman, but is always defeated by the Dark Knight.

Can anyone suggest good Riddler Stories?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By trebean

Wanna get to know this guy more, already read Hush, if you think that counts.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

There was a one-shot with Riddler after he was reformed... I forget what it was.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: paul dini wrote a one shot where he an batman try to solve a crime together its in detective comics its very good. Not sure if this is the one your thinkn of tho

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can watch Batman Forever. ....

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

The best showcasing of the Riddler than I've seen has been Arkham City.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@jedixman said:

There was a one-shot with Riddler after he was reformed... I forget what it was.

You are referring to Joker's Asylum II: The Riddler not written by dini but that's the only one-shot I can think of that was AFTER the detective phase

@jedixman: paul dini wrote a one shot where he an batman try to solve a crime together its in detective comics its very good. Not sure if this is the one your thinkn of tho

well, it wasn't a one-shot. Dini did a few issues with "detective Nigma". I could name them off but Here's a mini list which contains that most of them (still need to add and organize that series of lists but that's a job for another day...): http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the_poet/lists/riddler-supreme-appearance-lists-part-three-2006-o/41341

This topic has been done before in The Best Riddler Story and majorly in The Riddler comics suggestion. Normally as moderator I would lock this thread and tell you to go the previous threads but considering some of those people have been gone a year and other have been banned I will allow this thread to be open.

Copying a few suggestions from that suggestion thread because I would agree with them and I'm lazy:

• Batman: Run, Riddler, Run
    • The Batman Chronicles #3
    • Batman: Riddler & The Riddle Factory
    • The Question #26
    • Joker's Asylum II: The Riddler
    • Legends of the Dark Knight #109-111, as well as the arc mentioned by the above poster
    • Catwoman: When in Rome
    • Detective Comics #705-707
    • Batman #698-699, #452-454, #822, 828
    • JUSTICE #2-4
    • Green Arrow #35-36, #49-50

Hush is one people name a lot. He's not in that arc a lot (though I love that one image from that arc which I use as my av).

Personally, I'm not crazy about DC Comics Presents - Batman: Dark City, Dark Knight since that's not Riddler necessarily but some people like that arc.

It's always been my intention to make a list of good Riddler appearences but I just have never gotton around to it (I did start a supreme riddler appearence series of lists to organize the different times of the Riddler. If I ever finish those lists I'll make a personal favorate riddler appearences list.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#8 The Poet  Moderator

This looks like a job for @the_poet

There's always that one guy who knows WAY too much about that one character. For CV it was Mr. Riddler, but with his...departure (forced or otherwise) I guess this means...I'm now that guy (??????). How in the world did that happen? :P

LiraLindale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

TreAsterischi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I suggest for all Riddler fan:

• Batman Adventures 2 - Free Man
    • Batman Adventures 11 - Poker Face
    • Batman Confidential 26, 27, 28 - King Tut Saga
    • Gotham Underground
    • Gotham City Sirens

Enjoy ^^

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nygma's Maze

Episode 41 (Season 1) of Batman: The Animated Series (Fox TV) titled "If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?" [11/18/1992] introduced Edward Nygma, a disgruntled employee with a scheming mind who decides to become the diabolical Riddler and lure Batman and Robin to his unusual maze where he can attempt to destroy both them and his old boss who betrayed him.

This entertaining story nicely presents the mental aspects of the Riddler. In a lot of ways, the Riddler is the Dr. No (James Bond) of the comic book world.

If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?

Dr. No

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.