Follow

Riddler

Character » Riddler appears in 1573 issues.

Edward Nigma is a villain obsessed with riddles, puzzles, and brain teasers, who took the alias of the Riddler to commit crimes. Riddler frequently tries to outsmart Gotham's hero Batman, but is always defeated by the Dark Knight.

Best Riddler Comic?

NinjaWookiee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By NinjaWookiee

So, since I saw Batman Forever as a kid I loved the Riddler. When I began reading comics I bought the "Run, Riddler Run" comics but wasn't to excited by that.

I'm still looking for a cool Riddler comic so, what would you recommend?

Sincerely,
    NinjaWookiee.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By MrUnknown
    @NinjaWookiee: I would recommend Batman:Hush as he has a major part in that story.
    And some single issues by Dini like Detective Comics #845 and Gotham City Sirens #3.
    Mr_riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mr_riddler

You what? you become fan of the riddler for Batman forever? Sacrilege! Hang Him!

Well, my favorite history of the Riddler is the reinvention of the character, this event takes place in this little list: 

Begins in the last pages of Detective Comics 797, 798, 799, The Riddler was beaten and humiliated more than usual in this numbers by Poison ivy,The Riddler was "dead" in one way. The sequel of this story takes place in the next numbers, Legends of Dark Knight 185, 186, 187, 188 and 189. The Riddler is back and has "reborn". This reinvention was quickly forgotten, but at least he takes revenge against Green Arrow.

Another "Good" Story, Hmmmmm, Batman Dark City? takes place in Batman 452, 453 and 454, written by Peter Milligan, some people says this is the best story of the Riddler, because he kills people and bla bla bla, personaly i don't like this version of  the possesed Riddler, but Grant Morrison  takes elements of the story to make the development of Dr Hurt. 

Another Recommendations:

-Legends Of Dark Knight 109,110 and 111
    -Detective Comics 705, 706, 707, 822, 828 and 837
    -Batman 705, 706,707 and 711
    -Batman Confidential 26, 27 and 28
    -Gotham city sirens 9 and 10
    -Batman Adventures Vol 2  2, 11 and 12

RiddlingGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RiddlingGambit

the above poster Mr_riddler mentions a lot of good riddler stories to check out. here's some more though: 

Detective Comics 140, 142 - Written by the legend Bill Finger, this is the first Riddler story. 

Batman 698, 699 - Loved the mystery in these issues, also the transition arc where we last see E. Nigma as a Private Detective.

Riddler & The Riddle Factory - Cool story about Riddler hosting an illegal underground TV show that put its participants in danger and would end with some gossip about a wealthy Gothamite that would lead to their supposed suicide. 

Catwoman: When in Rome - This story showcased the Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale Riddler who you saw some of in The Long Halloween & Dark Victory (if you read those ... if not, check those out too). 

Batman: Black & White - In Batman B&W Volume 2 & 3 there are some really cool Riddler shorts in black & white (sorry, no green.) 

Batman Forever (comic book adaptation) - Just teasing you =)   

Batman 171 - first Silver Age appearance (if you like this version of Riddler you might as well check out all his Silver Age appearances)

Batman  362 - good Riddler story from the 80s   

Batman 490 - Who Riddled the Riddler? Can you take a guess??? I always loved the cover to this issue. 

Detective 661 - Funny Riddler story. 

Batman/Judge Dredd: The Ultimate Riddle - This is a very rare book from 1995 the same year as Batman Forever and one you'd definitely love if you can find it. 

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Caligula
    No Caption Provided
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Caligula

Also you might PM the Poet. he is a riddler fan.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

*Looks around at previous posts* looks like everything is covered.

@Caligula said:

Also you might PM the Poet. he is a riddler fan.
    I'm honored by the mention!
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis

@MrUnknown said:

@NinjaWookiee: I would recommend Batman:Hush as he has a major part in that story. And some single issues by Dini like Detective Comics #845 and Gotham City Sirens #3.

Riddlers involvement in that one was a swindle,a cheat,a con,typical Jeph Loeb rubbish.

@RiddlingGambit said:

from the 80s Batman 490 - Who Riddled the Riddler? Can you take a guess??? I always loved the cover to this issue.

Bane

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By RainEffect
    @NinjaWookiee said:
    So, since I saw Batman Forever as a kid I loved the Riddler. When I began reading comics I bought the "Run, Riddler Run" comics but wasn't to excited by that.  I'm still looking for a cool Riddler comic so, what would you recommend?   Sincerely, NinjaWookiee.
    Batman: Hush. 

It's his finest moment.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

Riddle me that by Shane Mcharthy and Riddler stories by Chuck Dixon,thats it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.