Is Rictor Gay?

#1 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

is he gay wtih shatterstar?

#2 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

im pretty shure there just friends. close friends.

#3 Posted by betterthanlegos (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he is bisexual. AND I believe they did have a relationship.

#4 Posted by Darth Erebos (334 posts) - - Show Bio

thats rictor and star... I'd go for a big yes

#5 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Rictor is bi, but Shatterstar is asexual.

#6 Posted by Darth Erebos (334 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Yes, Rictor is bi, but Shatterstar is asexual. "

he can reproduce himself without a partner!? ZOMGz the rise of the lizard men!!!!

screams like a schoolgirl

Ps: nothing against you cham :P

#7 Posted by IcePrince_X (4856 posts) - - Show Bio

They said he is bisexual and they did have a relationship.

But after the incident in the Mojo Universe, they seem to fall apart.

They do make a handsome couple he he he but kinda like the hulking and asgardian.

#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardian? so archiac...its Wiccan now. hahaha

#9 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

betterthanlegos says:

"I believe he is bisexual. AND I believe they did have a relationship."

Hi Legos! Welcome to CV! :-)

And yes, Rictor is bi. And yummy.

#10 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

IcePrince_X says:

"They said he is bisexual and they did have a relationship.But after the incident in the Mojo Universe, they seem to fall apart.They do make a handsome couple he he he but kinda like the hulking and asgardian."

No, Fabian Nicieza has stated he is asexual as in non-sexual.

#11 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

He's bi. He's had both Shatty and Rhane.

#12 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he is.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Erebos says:

"fesak says:
"Yes, Rictor is bi, but Shatterstar is asexual. "

he can reproduce himself without a partner!? ZOMGz the rise of the lizard men!!!!

screams like a schoolgirl

Ps: nothing against you cham :P"

shakes his head and walks away

Asexuality is a sexual orientation describing individuals who do not experience sexual attraction.

M

#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read the Rhane nonsense

i'd prefer to have sex with a turtle instead of her
#15 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I just read the Rhane nonsense
"
ROFLMAO...im sure the turtle would like it lol
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I just read the Rhane nonsense
"
I would rather have the turtle have sex with her while I watch.
#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd rather not see anything other than man hands touch Ric

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather not see Man on Man....

#19 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I'd rather not see Man on Man...."

ROFL
#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
how about man under man
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Vance Astro said:
how about man under man"
that's the same thing because either way someone has to be on the bottom.
#22 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
He's hung up on her? who are we kidding?
#23 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio

rictor = almost too gay to function :P

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

GreyGoose said:

"rictor = almost too gay to function :P"

Please, he just has a werewolf fetish.

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does this keep coming back? We get it Rictor love pee pee and ca ca.....

#26 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Why does this keep coming back? We get it Rictor love pee pee and ca ca....."
caca = poo :s.
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Why does this keep coming back? We get it Rictor love pee pee and ca ca....."
caca = poo :s."
poo=fun time
#28 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

He kissed Shatterstar! <3

But i thought Shatterstar wasn't capable of having emotions like that toward anyone...?
#29 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"He kissed Shatterstar! <3

But i thought Shatterstar wasn't capable of having emotions like that toward anyone...?
"
He obviously can feel such emotions towards orphaned mexicans.
#30 Posted by kamionero (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Didnt they also hint at Rictor's bisexuality when they suggested he had a thing with/for Quicksilver?

#31 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @pixelized said:

"
He obviously can feel such emotions towards orphaned mexicans. "
clearly, but he turned rictor down the first time.

@kamionero said:
" Didnt they also hint at Rictor's bisexuality when they suggested he had a thing with/for Quicksilver? "
was that in X-Factor?
#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Enigma said:
is he gay wtih shatterstar?
No you're gay with Shatterstar.
#33 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
"He obviously can feel such emotions towards orphaned mexicans. "
Last I knew, Rictor still had his momma :)

@kamionero said:
" Didnt they also hint at Rictor's bisexuality when they suggested he had a thing with/for Quicksilver? "
Do you mean from this scene, when Madrox accused Ric of having sex with Shatterstar...?
Personally, I can see why the gay rumours are there, but I don't buy it.  Shatterstar never had a sexual encounter in his life.  He'd already destroyed the puppet of Windsong that Arcade had to try and force 'Star to fight Adam X.  Then when Rictor dragged out to a nightclub and some random girl called Stekkie (seriously, what kind of a name is that?) felt him up he got scared and ran off.  When Ric caught him up he admitted that he'd never felt such stirrings inside of him before (and Ric confessed he was still a virgin).  So to Shatterstar, Rictor was the only person he'd spent any time around.  They were close, but not that close.  

In the awful X-Force Annual '99, they were on the road together.  Rictor woke up to find Shatterstar had been working out for hours, and was amazed that he (himself) was awake before noon.  I wasn't a case of 'Mmmm... I woke up to find a sexy man working out in front of me & now I've got the horn'.  It was 'damnit, go back to sleep you workout freak'.

Marvel hasn't been afraid to 'out' gay characters for a long time now.  Rictor & Shatterstar are more something to poke fun at because of the rampant yaoi fan-girls.  The same girls who are convinced that Sora loves Riku and Cloud is Sephiroth's love slave.  It's like the rumours about Iceman being gay... just because people think it, doesn't mean it's real.  It's funny when Madrox catches Rictor off guard.  Not because Rictor was subconsciously confessing anything, but because he never realised how his friendship with 'Star looked to anyone else.
#34 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @John Valentine said:
"He obviously can feel such emotions towards orphaned mexicans. "
Last I knew, Rictor still had his momma :)

@kamionero said:
Do you mean from this scene, when Madrox accused Ric of having sex with Shatterstar...?
Personally, I can see why the gay rumours are there, but I don't buy it.  Shatterstar never had a sexual encounter in his life.  He'd already destroyed the puppet of Windsong that Arcade had to try and force 'Star to fight Adam X.  Then when Rictor dragged out to a nightclub and some random girl called Stekkie (seriously, what kind of a name is that?) felt him up he got scared and ran off.  When Ric caught him up he admitted that he'd never felt such stirrings inside of him before (and Ric confessed he was still a virgin).  So to Shatterstar, Rictor was the only person he'd spent any time around.  They were close, but not that close.  

In the awful X-Force Annual '99, they were on the road together.  Rictor woke up to find Shatterstar had been working out for hours, and was amazed that he (himself) was awake before noon.  I wasn't a case of 'Mmmm... I woke up to find a sexy man working out in front of me & now I've got the horn'.  It was 'damnit, go back to sleep you workout freak'.

Marvel hasn't been afraid to 'out' gay characters for a long time now.  Rictor & Shatterstar are more something to poke fun at because of the rampant yaoi fan-girls.  The same girls who are convinced that Sora loves Riku and Cloud is Sephiroth's love slave.  It's like the rumours about Iceman being gay... just because people think it, doesn't mean it's real.  It's funny when Madrox catches Rictor off guard.  Not because Rictor was subconsciously confessing anything, but because he never realised how his friendship with 'Star looked to anyone else.
"
They kissed in the last issue of X-Factor, so the rumors were true...and Sora is in love with Riku too

#35 Posted by scoobydont (6 posts) - - Show Bio

He's tri-sexual.  He'll try anything.

#36 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @pixelized said:

"
He obviously can feel such emotions towards orphaned mexicans. "
I just died.
#37 Posted by jasonbroccoli (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm falling back in love with Shatterstar now....

#38 Posted by Night Thrasher (3605 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not gay characters are a cop out for not having interesting enough origins and backstories for them. It seems that the writers couldn't find anything interesting to do with Shatterstar or Rictor so they just decided "we'll hint that they're gay together and people will read it for that alone." I don't mind gay characters as long as it isn't an excuse to try to bring some excitement to their story. Do me a favor, clear up Shatterstar's origin, find something interesting about Rictor and put it to paper. The two of them being gay doesn't excuse the lack of enthusiasm in the writing of these characters.

#39 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher said:
" I hope not gay characters are a cop out for not having interesting enough origins and backstories for them. It seems that the writers couldn't find anything interesting to do with Shatterstar or Rictor so they just decided "we'll hint that they're gay together and people will read it for that alone." I don't mind gay characters as long as it isn't an excuse to try to bring some excitement to their story. Do me a favor, clear up Shatterstar's origin, find something interesting about Rictor and put it to paper. The two of them being gay doesn't excuse the lack of enthusiasm in the writing of these characters. "
Fair f*cking point.  It's time for mainstream comic companies to realize that being gay is not the sum total of who you are, and is not an adequate substitute for having a personality.  I'm tired of seeing C-listers that never get any other kind of development get outed for shock value.

Oh, and on a complete side-note, could someone please tell Marvel's writers to stop spelling out accents?  If I have to wade through another page of Rahne spouting "ye" instead of "you", I'm going to gouge my eyes out with a rusty carrot peeler.  Yes, we get it, she's Scottish.  That does not mean she has to talk like a wizened guide on an Edinburgh ghost tour trying to ham it up for a pack of American tourists.  If you want to communicate the fact that she's Scottish, use some Scottish slang, sentence structures and colloquialisms.  The same goes for southern characters, Irish characters, French characters...just cut it out!  It's incredibly disruptive to the flow of reading when the writer is constantly hitting you over the head with how big a character's accent is.  Believe it or not, where we come from does not define every aspect of who we are!
#40 Posted by Blue_Shield (749 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read X-Factor in years, but honestly, I made this prediction to a friend of mine back when they were a part of X-Force.  I honestly haven't cared enough for either character to find out what their status is.   

If your out there Roger, told you so. :P
#41 Posted by gothamcity29 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Rictor is gay. He was uncertain about his sexuality but now he's sure and I think he's still with Shatterstar.
#42 Posted by gothamcity29 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Rictor is with Shatterstar so deal with it.
#43 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio
@gothamcity29: He is, but Shatterstar wants an open relationship since exploring his sexuality is a new sensation. Rictor's more of a bisexual, but he wants a monogamous partner.
#44 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream: Shatterstar said he wanted Rictor to help guide him, as he doesn't really understand the concept of monogamy (the randy little devil).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.