Remender's Next Big Project?

#1 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how many of you still read the letters section, but in the most recent issue of Venom, someone wrote;

''Please don't leave! Not to say that Cullen Bunn is not a fine writer, but I want more Remender Venom. I feel that you have a grasp on the character that will be hard to measure up to. Why are you leaving? Please at least tell me you have something else coming soon from you from Marvel.''

The editor's response was;

''We're all sad to see Rick go, but fear not - America's going to be hearing some BIG news about where he'll be heading next soon.''

Could the rumours be true of a new Astonishing Avengers series? Or perhaps he'll be taking over Captain America in the next few months as Brubaker's eight year tenure comes to an end. He's also got some creator owned stuff in the works (which is currently untitled but some teasers have been released which I'll post below,) so Venom may not be the only title he's leaving. What you like to see him do next?

#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10445 posts) - - Show Bio

Remender is leaving venom?

WHAT?!

#3 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot:

#4 Posted by _Zombie_ (10445 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee: Hey, it read as him leaving venom. At least the first quote.

#5 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah it's confirmed that he is definitely leaving Venom

#6 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: Oh, thought you might have been joking as this was announced quite a while ago. Cullen Bunn is helping out with the current Savage Six arc, as soon as that's finished, Remender is leaving but the series will carry on under Bunn.

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

yeah it's confirmed that he is definitely leaving Venom

:/

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10445 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee: Well s**t. Hadn't heard that. Dunno if I'll pick it up now, have to wait and see if Bunn can keep the book good before I do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.