Follow

Rick Grimes

Character » Rick Grimes appears in 488 issues.

Rick Grimes was formerly a police officer in the small, peaceful town of Cynthiana, Kentucky. After being wounded in a shoot-out and waking up from a coma after a month, he becomes a reluctant figurehead of a group fighting to survive a world where the dead no longer stay dead.

Walking Dead Video: Who Is Rick Grimes?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's no secret that I'm loving Walking Dead as I make my through catching up on the series. On Sunday, October 31, AMC will premiere the first episode of the awesome looking Walking Dead TV show.  

In case you're one of the few that hasn't been reading the comic, here's the latest video from AMC showing you who exactly Rick Grimes is. 

Perhaps we need another video feature to get everyone up to speed on this series...
    xscarletkittie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By xscarletkittie

Eee! Can't wait! Also? Yes on another video feature! More Walking Dead is good for the soul.

Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

3 weeks left. I was reading the interview few days ago with Robert Kirkman on Wizard zine saying the fans who follow the comic won't have to worry about knowing what exactly is gonna happen to them. 

"The characters that are in the show from the book, different things will happen to them. Some of them will meet a similar fate and some of them won't. So it's going to be similar in tone, it's going to have all the famous scenes and benchmarks that everybody likes from the series, but it'll be its own viewing experience." 

That's pretty cool, I'm just hoping they don't take it far enough from the original lines.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself
    @Nick-SV(ril):  I read something similar to that...He pretty much said this is like a second chance to do the series and do ideas that he's had but were to late to implement....usually this would worry me but for some reason this kind of excites me since now I'll have no idea what's going to happen and will be just as shocked as everyone else
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By crusader8463

Normally I'm one of the people who crusade for carbon copies of the comics, but for some reason this one I kind of actually want deviation. So much of what made the books fun is finding out what happens to the characters as you go along, and knowing who dies and when would kind of make me not enjoy this show as much I should.

Time will tell. I just hope they don't screw around with the prison arch too much as that was some of the best reading I have ever had in a comic. Also I can't wait to see how they handle "that scene". I hope they are not afraid to go balls out, no pun intended, with it, as the brutality is what made that so emotional.

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By skaarason

at 1:22 '' he's not black and white '', lol !!!!

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

Oh man no sound here but that would make 1 scary show on the right time slot. And this is serialized? wow... I would love to see a cameo by Yorick Brown in the Walking Dead, Although him & the monkey would get killed by the end if the episode.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NightFang3

I wonder if the'll be more of these videos?

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Moomin123

I know this show is based on a comic, but for those who originally don't know, they will think the opening is a rip off of 28 Days Later. 
    But still, nevertheless, I wanna see this show, it looks awesome. If only George Romero was directing the series.
    Captain Koala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Captain Koala

Roll on Halloween!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bruce Vain

I sent Sara a video about Shane Walsh. Tell her to check it.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Eyz

Please don't let us down!!!

Koz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12  Edited By Koz

I have a feeling this is going to be a great series. Look for it to win many awards :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.