Follow

Rick Grimes

Character » Rick Grimes appears in 488 issues.

Rick Grimes was formerly a police officer in the small, peaceful town of Cynthiana, Kentucky. After being wounded in a shoot-out and waking up from a coma after a month, he becomes a reluctant figurehead of a group fighting to survive a world where the dead no longer stay dead.

Do you want Rick to die?

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

I remember in an article that the creator say that Rick will die. I do admit he's not immortal but it makes me wonder how he will die? And how will the series continue if he's gone. I've read the comics so much, I've become quiet attatched to him. Well anyway I'd like to hear your ideas how he'll die in your opinion. Or if he dies, what do you think could happen after he goes.

Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

@MichonneHack27:  I don't really want to see him die cause if he goes it's gonna be the end of the series as we know it I suppose the could kill him off when carl becomes a teenager and just have his son take his place but if the do kill him off I want him to die with some dignity maybe save lives or just going peacefully  
    webhe4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By webhe4d

I think in the first volume of The Walking Dead, Kirkman wrote that it's a story about Rick and how if he dies, the story ends. I could be completely wrong, but if I remember correctly he wrote something like that in the introduction of the first tpb.  But no, I don't want him to die. Or if they decide to kill him off, I want him to go down swinging or saving everyone's life the hero cliche way.

Jerry Seinfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Jerry Seinfeld

IMO that would totally crush me if Rick died and probably would damage the group quite a bit without his leadership.
    Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if they were gonna kill him off and continue with the series, it should have been done before the governor's return. because the cast that they had then was deeper and better then what we would be left with now.

BrandonChow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BrandonChow

I know that this topic was started a long time ago but some people are speculating that Rick may die in issue #100

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

@BrandonChow said:

I know that this topic was started a long time ago but some people are speculating that Rick may die in issue #100

I hope not. The remaining cast are pretty weak in comparison. Unless the shift is passed onto Andrea, Michonne, or that new dude, Paul Monroe, I reckon the series would take a down turn. That said, I'm sure Kirkman could pull it off. I reckon Abraham is going to die.

Who knows maybe it's Eugene who will get lucky?

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainDoeo

@webhe4d: Actually he stated the opposite. Something along the lines of, "It's pretty obvious Rick isn't going to live to his 60's, and I might kill him off one day. As of now? I honestly have no intention. Even though Rick is the main character, the story could go on without him."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.