Green Lantern / Teen Titans in I Am Legend?!?

#1 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

So, today I rewatched the recent film adaptation of Richard Matheson's classic SF/horror novel I Am Legend, starring Will Smith, mainly because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Throughout the entire movie, the only reference to DC Comics that I noticed was a billboard showing the Batman logo with a Superman Returns logo over top of it...

In other words, a billboard for a Batman/Superman film that (so far) hasn't actually been made!

But as I was watching the end credits, right near the very end, I noticed this little bit:

Quote:

Green Lantern™, Teen Titans™ and © DC Comics

All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission.

Did any of you happen to notice this GL reference? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/JackTChance/Smilies/thinking.gif'Cause

I sure as hell didn't see it... or the Teen Titans one, for that matter!

M

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (29551 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm....well you know the part where......ok got nothing lol

#3 Posted by Avantar (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I think both posters are inside the video store

#4 Posted by LexiCat (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

Omgosh.. Avantar's right. I had totally forgotten about that until he mentioned it!

#5 Posted by Jet jaguar (2412 posts) - - Show Bio

wierd maybe there was a billboard during the movie.like that superman batman one but that would have been in the creds to.very strange.

#6 Posted by Avantar (405 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a Green Lantern DVD poster in the window of the video shop Will Smith's character goes to.

#7 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

Avantar says:

"There is a Green Lantern DVD poster in the window of the video shop Will Smith's character goes to."

is there?

hmmm, didn't see that...

have to check that out now :D

M

#8 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, i found the GL one...

Now to find Teen Titans :p

M

#9 Posted by ChrisAngel (3932 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I completely missed that....

#10 Posted by Shaper (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

How did I miss that? lol

#11 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

that's what i was thinking...

it got to the end of the movie and i saw a Green Lantern copyright, and my brain just went "Hold on, i didn't see that..."

i normally grab any / all GL mentions in a movie lol

M

#12 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

heh :D

you can actually buy that as a bumper sticker... if i had a car, i'd get one :p

M

#13 Posted by Shaper (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"that's what i was thinking... it got to the end of the movie and i saw a Green Lantern copyright, and my brain just went "Hold on, i didn't see that..." i normally grab any / all GL mentions in a movie lol M"

Woah, I Am Legend just pulled a fast one on Methos. The movie just became more badass, lol.

#14 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Methos, I'd just somehow affix that to a tshirt and wear it."

lol, i'm so tempted to get it printed on a T-shirt...

it'd be worth it :D

M

#15 Posted by LexiCat (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/methosivanhoe/3D%20renderings/SheToldMe.jpg heh :D you can actually buy that as a bumper sticker... if i had a car, i'd get one :p M"

giggling softly

Methos, I'd just somehow affix that to a tshirt and wear it.

#16 Posted by Skeletor (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"So, today I rewatched the recent film adaptation of Richard Matheson's classic SF/horror novel I Am Legend, starring Will Smith, mainly because I was bored and had nothing else to do. Throughout the entire movie, the only reference to DC Comics that I noticed was a billboard showing the Batman logo with a Superman Returns logo over top of it...In other words, a billboard for a Batman/Superman film that (so far) hasn't actually been made!But as I was watching the end credits, right near the very end, I noticed this little bit:Quote:Green Lantern™, Teen Titans™ and © DC ComicsAll Rights Reserved. Used With Permission.Did any of you happen to notice this GL reference? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/JackTChance/Smilies/thinking.gif'CauseI sure as hell didn't see it... or the Teen Titans one, for that matter!M"

Maybe there was a poster of them or a comic on the floor.

#17 Posted by ChrisAngel (3932 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Oh.. Methos! See now I have this idea. You should get it made, model it for us, and take a photo of it! Then, you can just start a line of Green Lantern Wear.
*giggles*
Get one with Kyle on it.. I'd buy it. I would so buy it. I don't think I'd ever take it off."

Not even for me? ducks

#18 Posted by LexiCat (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

ChrisAngel says:

"LexiCat says:
"Oh.. Methos! See now I have this idea. You should get it made, model it for us, and take a photo of it! Then, you can just start a line of Green Lantern Wear.
*giggles*
Get one with Kyle on it.. I'd buy it. I would so buy it. I don't think I'd ever take it off."
Not even for me? *ducks* "

Hey now!

blushes and laughs

What if I bought you one with Jade on it? We could let them cuddle together?

#19 Posted by LexiCat (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh.. Methos! See now I have this idea. You should get it made, model it for us, and take a photo of it! Then, you can just start a line of Green Lantern Wear.

giggles

Get one with Kyle on it.. I'd buy it. I would so buy it. I don't think I'd ever take it off.

#20 Posted by ChrisAngel (3932 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"ChrisAngel says:
"LexiCat says:
*giggles*

Hey now!

blushes and laughs

What if I bought you one with Jade on it? We could let them cuddle together?

"

caught short on that one..laughs

Now that could work out.. but then we'd often have to wear them....up until the time they get thrown in the washer together for a little private time.... winks

#21 Posted by LexiCat (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

ChrisAngel says:

"LexiCat says:
"ChrisAngel says:
"LexiCat says:
*giggles*
Hey now!
*blushes and laughs*
What if I bought you one with Jade on it? We could let them cuddle together? "
*caught short on that one..laughs* Now that could work out.. but then we'd often have to wear them....up until the time they get thrown in the washer together for a little private time.... *winks*"

laughing out loud and trying not to turn even more red

C'mon you... Before Methos spanks us both for misbehaving.

tugging on his arm to go spend some cuddle time with her

#22 Posted by ChrisAngel (3932 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"ChrisAngel says:
"LexiCat says:
"ChrisAngel says:
"LexiCat says:
*giggles*
Hey now!
*blushes and laughs*
What if I bought you one with Jade on it? We could let them cuddle together? "
*caught short on that one..laughs* Now that could work out.. but then we'd often have to wear them....up until the time they get thrown in the washer together for a little private time.... *winks*"

laughing out loud and trying not to turn even more red

C'mon you... Before Methos spanks us both for misbehaving.

tugging on his arm to go spend some cuddle time with her

"

Yes ma'am...! proceeds to slip into John Shaft mode

#23 Posted by Methos (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"C'mon you... Before Methos spanks us both for misbehaving."

wtf lol

M

#24 Posted by Avantar (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the bumper sticker Methos... When given the choice..Power Ring or Wedding Ring..One works on Willpower and the other drains it...like she ever had a chance...lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.