Questions about what is Canon for Richard Dragon

#1 Posted by MrDirector786 (43644 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard some people say that Richard Dragon was not affected by the Crisis. Is this true? Another question I have is about Chuck Dixon's run. In it he changed Richard's backstory. Is Dixon's run canon or is the original backstory for Richard still the canon origin?

#2 Posted by entropy_aegis (15439 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786:
Dixon admitted that he didnt know about the characters and played favourites ,its basically up to us to consider it cannon or not since DC was never clear about it.i personally only acknowledge some stuff like him training all those guys but i havent read it so i cant go beyond that.
As for the crisis richards backstory was tied with shiva back then (i dont know the whole story)this isnt the case now as shiva's origin is clearly different than her pre-crisis self.but grant morrison has confirmed that kate kane(the orignal batwoman whom bronze tiger killed in his first encounter with batman ) is in cannon and this will be explored in batman INC . 
  so who knows?
#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786: According to DC editorial the Chuck Dixon series is non -canon
#4 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
@MrDirector786: According to DC editorial the Chuck Dixon series is non -canon
Co-signed. On top of that, I believe Geoff Johns ignored the Chuck Dixon series in 52, making Richard Dragon's orginal (pre-crisis) history canon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.