The Rhino gets his due...

#1 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

...and how!

Wow, i just don't know where to start here. This feels like one of those real great stories that just slipped under the radar.
People cry for upgrades, and for characters to get some justice done by the writers. I've seen that with Rhino as a matter of fact.
And it just got delivered, en masse. In three short stories Aleksei has gone from a known buffoon and sole brick to being one of the most three-dimensional, interesting, motivated characters I've read in a mainstream comic in some time. And saying nothing for the story itself. I won't lie and say it didn't move me, because it did. In fact as of reading ASM 625 tonight i actually welled up tears. This was writing at its finest, the way all Spider-Man stories and characters need to be written.
If you've read it, thoughts? If not, read it. Nuff said.
#2 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is that Rhino with red eyes ?

#3 Posted by War Killer (19524 posts) - - Show Bio

You, I've been hearing a lot of great things about #625, and I'm now sad because I saw the issue at the store the other day and just walked right past it -___- 

But after reading what Rhino has been up to lately (thanks to his page here on the site :D) I've been really surprised at both the first Rhino and the new Rhino, who I must say I'm really liking. 

#4 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7500 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE:  Totally agree, I think ASM #625 was the best thing I picked up this week outstanding stuff
#5 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJuggernautpunch: 
he's another character trying to become The Rhino/take the mantle.
He believes he must defeat the original to take his place before he
can actually call himself Rhino.
#6 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: You know it's like Joe Kelly was born to write Rhino, every touch he's had on him was brilliant I've actually learned to like Rhino because of him.
#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio

It's one of those endings that I hated but loved...at the same time. It was awesome, but I was seriously upset by it.

#8 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

this story reminded me of a darren aronofsky movie. in a good way

#9 Posted by danhimself (21916 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah #625 made me tear up a little bit

#10 Posted by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"yeah #625 made me tear up a little bit "

I've very curious now.  Can someone spoiler tag it for me?
#11 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Before the Gauntlet series, I honestly thought Rhino was just a useless character for heroes to pound like Absorbing Man, Wrecker, and I know there are some others out there. When this "new" Rhino came out, honestly hated the guy already, and I thought he was going to beat up the old one, till issue #625 came out. Sad, and happy because he instantly took out the new Rhino, after this issue, I see Rhino as a character thats alot more than just a punching bag like some villians are.
#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

It was so sad!!! I loved those stories!!!
#13 Posted by War Killer (19524 posts) - - Show Bio

Just picked this issue up today...and I agree with everything you said, Rhino was epic in this issue, and the story was just beautiful and sad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.