'The Amazing Spider-Man' Video Game - Rhino Reveal

Posted by G-Man (31704 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in September we saw the trailer for the latest Spider-Man video game from Beenox. Today the Rhino has been revealed to be part of the game. At first he might seem like a mindless cross of rhinoceros and human DNA but Spider-Man will soon learn there's more to him than that.

Rhino and a bunch of other cross-species were created after Curt Connors terroized the city as the Lizard. Rhino was the result of a pet project belonging to a corrupt Oscorp executive that had access to Connors' research. His plan was to abuse his access and sell the information to black-market dealings.

The executive then forced a reclusive biochemist, Dr. Michael Morbius, to help by threatening to end his career if he didn't help. Coming up with a serum similar to Connors,' a test subject was then found. A low-level thug named Aleksei Sytsevich became a human test subject.

Check out the concept art and additional screenshots.

How can Spidey stop a charging Rhino? By taking away his credit card.

Staff
#1 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

If nothing else, I like the music in the trailer

Rhino has a good design though

#2 Posted by scnjedi (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always thought of rhino as kind of lame, so it surprises me that they'd choose this as their first big villain reveal. Still, the design's alright.

#3 Posted by Johnnyjavavee (85 posts) - - Show Bio

so if I buy this game does that mean I have to listen to dubstep?

#4 Posted by ObsideonDarman (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino is always in the Spider-Man Movie tie-in Games. Honestly I thought the trailer was kind of bad.

#5 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

weird music, some of spidey's moves looked unlike him (like someone whos had training) and the pants of the costume have an odd looking line on the legs.

all in all looks good.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes sense that he's a hybrid, being the movie game and all but I always preferred the Ultimate version also it's weird that America are all going crazy over Dubstep now, in the UK it's been about for years.

#7 Posted by OptimusCline (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this game is at least decent. I've been wanted a good open world Spider-man pretty for a while. Hopefully if this game is good Beedox will get to make a non-movie open world game next.

#8 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has a utility belt, AWESOME!

#9 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

This game looks fun, I'll probabyly be getting it.

#10 Posted by Danial79 (2345 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Rhino in Web of Shadows, so hopefully he's cool in this game too.

#11 Posted by The Impersonator (5214 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino should be in the sequel. =P

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@KRYPTON said:

He's always had one, it's where he keeps his spare web cartages and that funny spider light 
#13 Posted by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino's scream sounds pretty awesome in the video, also does anyone else think it sounds like he says "Fus Ro Dah" when he throws the rock?

#14 Posted by The_Kid_Lantern (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@KRYPTON said:

That's the only thing I found wrong with the trailer and images....

~KL~

#15 Posted by lmothander (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if that's a real song?

#16 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

looks amazing !!

#17 Posted by Final Draft85 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't bought a Spidey game, since Spider-Man: Web of Shadows & this one looks pretty rad. I will be buying this game for sure... maybe even pre-ordered it, =).

#18 Posted by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

That trailer was cool. Game is looking very good just from a design standpoint. I think they really nailed the tone of the game to match the movie. The fact this game also takes place after the movie is a biggest praise to it as the story is a nice progression from the film (assuming of course the film's plot ends up being awesome).

Love the utility belt. Been saying for years I didn't understand why Spider-Man doesn't really have one. Sometimes he's depicted having one underneath his costume, but that always seemed like a weird idea given he always has to pull his costume up to get at anything and artists never give his waist a belt-like bulge even after they show the belt. So adding it into the game is a nice touch and progression of what we've seen of the film. Wonder if in the film Peter will run out of web fluid during a fight with the Lizard and that's given as the reason for the belt in the game.

I didn't think the fighting moves were anything more than what we've seen before in a Spider-Man game and most of the moves seem very to correlate/mimic what we've seen in the film trailers.

Overall this may be the movie tie-in game that gets movie tie-in games back on track. Can't wait to see some game play footage.

#19 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Shattered Dimensions was absolutely brilliant, Edge of time was pretty much rubbish as Beenox basically copied the formula from SD but essentially took a step back. So I doubt I'll be buying this, as much as I love Spiderman games. Sigh.

#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutant Rhino. Can't believe they went there.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14648 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino looks awesome and I love the music in the video.

#22 Posted by n25philly (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember, dodge as he charges at you, and hit him in the head with a batarang...

oops, sorry wrong game

#23 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

SM has a belt. At this rate, SM is going to catch up with Mario in terms of video game appearances. This game looks good tho, and the Rhino mutate thing works. Oh well.

#24 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Beenox games, nice graphics but i am not crazy with the game play

#25 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

I got really distracted by Spidey's belt....that's just weird

#26 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, gotta love it..."Itsy Bitsy Spider" to end the trailer. Still, looks awesome though, with Morbius and Rhino and all :)

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Kid_Lantern said:

@KRYPTON said:

That's the only thing I found wrong with the trailer and images....

~KL~

see my last post
#28 Posted by Illuminatus (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man fights criminals to dubstep!

#29 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone thinking they're running out of things to do for Spider-Man games?

Isn't this like, the 4th time we fought the Rhino?

#30 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino is in every Spider-Man video game. I wish they'd mix things up a bit, I'd love to fight villains like Hydro-Man, Shocker, Boomerang, and Vulture more often.

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Meteorite: he wasn't in the last one
#32 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: True, but you can't deny that he's been in a lot of Spider-Man video games.

#33 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@n25philly said:

Remember, dodge as he charges at you, and hit him in the head with a batarang...

oops, sorry wrong game

Except that concept was used in Spider-man 2 as well, so if you're implying they're ripping off arkham city..

#34 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

I can definitely see an elephant man resemblance. Should of made him more monster like in the face, instead of just a regular face. Maybe that would be too much rendering.

#35 Posted by n25philly (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@SexualLobster said:

@n25philly said:

oops, sorry wrong game

Except that concept was used in Spider-man 2 as well, so if you're implying they're ripping off arkham city..

I haven't even watched the video yet, so I'm not implying anything, it's just the first thing I thought of, especially after how many times you go through that fight in Asylum

#36 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ObsideonDarman said:

Rhino is always in the Spider-Man Movie tie-in Games. Honestly I thought the trailer was kind of bad.

#37 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@KRYPTON said:

He's always had one, it's where he keeps his spare web cartages and that funny spider light

I know he has one on the inside, not on the outside, that belt is on the outside

#38 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

game looks freaking awesome ! can't wait to play it.

#39 Posted by ARMIV2 (8411 posts) - - Show Bio

That wasn't a bad trailer.

And what was that song?

#40 Posted by SadiaVicious (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino looks awesome, most fearsome than ever.

Hope this games comes out as good as it looks right now. High hopes!

#41 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think of Ben Reilly when I see that costume :/

#42 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

This game is gonna suck. So far every one of Beenox's Spider-man games have been 10-hour long, extremely repetitive, beat-em-ups with sub-par graphics that try to be epic but never are.

#43 Posted by Time_Phantom (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking the music in the trailer, the only thing that kept me watching though.

#44 Posted by Spongeman (18 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it's open world, like how the Spiderman games used to be, they can throw in anybody and i'll still enjoy it.

#45 Posted by Vezok123 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman's costume looks odd ( mainly the little belt ) and the web swinging and the combat looks very awkward. I'm glad that they gave the spot light to the rhino for a change but I don't like how they toyed around with his origins. Some may say that it ties in with the story more but they could of made morbius the main villian, he is already in the story why not make him the main villian and have rhino in another game so he can be produced properly.

It painfull to say but I have very low excpectations for this upcoming spiderman game. After all, the giant robots were bad enough but now this.

#46 Posted by Vezok123 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meteorite said:

Rhino is in every Spider-Man video game. I wish they'd mix things up a bit, I'd love to fight villains like Hydro-Man, Shocker, Boomerang, and Vulture more often.

Spiderman 1, shattered demensions, edge of time have 0 appearences

even the games that do have rhino in them have very little charector build up for him and your done with him in one 5 minute fight

#47 Posted by Symbiocide (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Must be some rule in the universe where every single Spider-Man game has to have a symbiote character and Rhino as a boss all the f........ time!

#48 Posted by ravisher (683 posts) - - Show Bio

hes a mutant now?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.