Follow

Kwannon

Character » Kwannon appears in 492 issues.

Kwannon is a Japanese assassin who got her body swapped with the X-Man Betsy Braddock. Living in the body of Betsy, she assumed the codename "Revanche" and briefly joined the X-Men. Kwannon contracted the Legacy Virus and died. She was later resurrected on her original body and is now the current Psylocke.

Resurrection?

• 76 results
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Erik
    pixelized said:
    "erik said:
    "I actually like Kwannon. But I hope she does something different than Psylocke. "
    I do as well, but there are already storage sheds filled with X-Men collecting Dust, Kwannon doesn't need to be another."
    Lol. I guess that is true. She could always go back into a life of crime. 
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Lifeguard85
    pixelized said:
    "Lifeguard85 said:
    "Hm...I guess Ill just wait and see. I personally liked Psylocke better with telepathy, I just dont want Kwannon's death to be wasted"
    Psylocke with telepath or just earlier X-Men?"
    lol both, Psylocke after getting TK just sort of lost steam to me. I always thought they would end up doing something with her british body again, all the other ideas didnt seem to really work out for the best IMO
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By pixelized
    Lifeguard85 said:
    "pixelized said:
    "Lifeguard85 said:
    "Hm...I guess Ill just wait and see. I personally liked Psylocke better with telepathy, I just dont want Kwannon's death to be wasted"
    Psylocke with telepath or just earlier X-Men?"
    lol both, Psylocke after getting TK just sort of lost steam to me. I always thought they would end up doing something with her british body again, all the other ideas didnt seem to really work out for the best IMO"
    I loved Psylocke's look way more while she had telepathy. the cloak, the butterfly, it was great, but then she turned sexy ninja which pleased a different set of readers, which was fine, but it sort of felt like, good character was sacrificed for sex appeal. I still love her though.

erik said:
    "pixelized said:
    "erik said:
    "I actually like Kwannon. But I hope she does something different than Psylocke. "
    I do as well, but there are already storage sheds filled with X-Men collecting Dust, Kwannon doesn't need to be another."
    Lol. I guess that is true. She could always go back into a life of crime. 
    "
    She could... i just don't want people being brought back for nothing. Dazzler STILL hasn't been featured in anything and she was on the cover of secret invasion 3. garbage.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Erik

Well, I have never liked Dazzler so I do not feel like I am missing anything with her. Lol.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By pixelized
    erik said:
    "Well, I have never liked Dazzler so I do not feel like I am missing anything with her. Lol."
    Never??? she's been washed out. New Excalibur was awful, and i don't even remember where she was before that.
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lifeguard85
    pixelized said:
    I loved Psylocke's look way more while she had telepathy. the cloak, the butterfly, it was great, but then she turned sexy ninja which pleased a different set of readers, which was fine, but it sort of felt like, good character was sacrificed for sex appeal. I still love her though.

She could... i just don't want people being brought back for nothing. Dazzler STILL hasn't been featured in anything and she was on the cover of secret invasion 3. garbage."
    lol i agree, im actually hoping they put her back in the british body, Id prefer that over ninja psylocke, but she just grew on me over the years. Plus, they would probably still let her keep her ninja skills and wear next to nothing

and I completely agree on Dazzler, there is no reason she hasnt done much of anything yet. They could at least say she is recording an album or something LOL. Instead Land just throws her in there to be singing once in awhile
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Erik

When she was first on X-Men, she was always crying about something or another. And then we find out that she has no drive in one of the annuals. She is content to drift into nothingness in both the X-Men and her singing career. I kind of find it funny that that is what seems to have happened. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Erik
    Lifeguard85 said:
    "pixelized said:

She could... i just don't want people being brought back for nothing. Dazzler STILL hasn't been featured in anything and she was on the cover of secret invasion 3. garbage."
    lol i agree, im actually hoping they put her back in the british body, Id prefer that over ninja psylocke, but she just grew on me over the years. Plus, they would probably still let her keep her ninja skills and wear next to nothingand I completely agree on Dazzler, there is no reason she hasnt done much of anything yet. They could at least say she is recording an album or something LOL. Instead Land just throws her in there to be singing once in awhile"
    If they do put her back in the british body, then they fell into a plot hole. Plus her british body is not nearly as thoroughly trained as her asian body so she would lose out on fighting ability.
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lifeguard85
    erik said:
    "When she was first on X-Men, she was always crying about something or another. And then we find out that she has no drive in one of the annuals. She is content to drift into nothingness in both the X-Men and her singing career. I kind of find it funny that that is what seems to have happened. "
    lol yea they say that, but then all her profiles say how successful she has been. I think they just want someone who is "famous" on the team like a mascot or something
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lifeguard85
    erik said:
    "Lifeguard85 said:
    "pixelized said:

lol i agree, im actually hoping they put her back in the british body, Id prefer that over ninja psylocke, but she just grew on me over the years. Plus, they would probably still let her keep her ninja skills and wear next to nothingand I completely agree on Dazzler, there is no reason she hasnt done much of anything yet. They could at least say she is recording an album or something LOL. Instead Land just throws her in there to be singing once in awhile"
    If they do put her back in the british body, then they fell into a plot hole. Plus her british body is not nearly as thoroughly trained as her asian body so she would lose out on fighting ability.
    "
    Kwannon didnt lose out though, back in the day she was like equal to betsy I thought
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By pixelized
    Lifeguard85 said:
    "pixelized said:

lol i agree, im actually hoping they put her back in the british body, Id prefer that over ninja psylocke, but she just grew on me over the years. Plus, they would probably still let her keep her ninja skills and wear next to nothing

and I completely agree on Dazzler, there is no reason she hasnt done much of anything yet. They could at least say she is recording an album or something LOL. Instead Land just throws her in there to be singing once in awhile"
    british body? the Blonde with blue eyes??? Matt Fraction said he wanted to simplify her so you may be getting your wish sooner or later! [=

Well her Manifest Destiny story said that she was now poor and landed a gig singing in a local bar for money, which is why she's back in San Francisico. But um... she lives in a mansion, with all she could ever need, why does she work? Although i think, and maybe this is just my eyes deceiving me, but i think i say an unlettered preview of a woman with blinding lights twirling around her in an Uncanny 509 preview.

erik said:
    "When she was first on X-Men, she was always crying about something or another. And then we find out that she has no drive in one of the annuals. She is content to drift into nothingness in both the X-Men and her singing career. I kind of find it funny that that is what seems to have happened. "
    hmmmmm, she was a gladiator though! she has such rich history, a cool ability,  but she's not presented to us well. Her and Karma, they  inhabit the same refigerator.

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lifeguard85
    pixelized said:
    "british body? the Blonde with blue eyes??? Matt Fraction said he wanted to simplify her so you may be getting your wish sooner or later! [=

Well her Manifest Destiny story said that she was now poor and landed a gig singing in a local bar for money, which is why she's back in San Francisico. But um... she lives in a mansion, with all she could ever need, why does she work? Although i think, and maybe this is just my eyes deceiving me, but i think i say an unlettered preview of a woman with blinding lights twirling around her in an Uncanny 509 preview.

erik said:
    hmmmmm, she was a gladiator though! she has such rich history, a cool ability,  but she's not presented to us well. Her and Karma, they  inhabit the same refigerator. "
    Thats what i was thinking after Fraction said that as well.

and yea, i saw the same picture your talking about I think. Im telling you, they only put her on the team to have her pop in and look like she is singing, maybe the artist just likes to draw hot blondes who sing lol
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Erik
    Lifeguard85 said:
    Kwannon didnt lose out though, back in the day she was like equal to betsy I thought"
    Back in the day, Kwannon had a poorly trained british body and had to make due with that. Betsy had an asian body that was molded to perfect fighting perfection but little skill. It balanced out. Now Betsy has the body and the skill while Kwannon has the skill but still a soft, squishy, british body. 
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pixelized
    Alison, is that you?
    So much for having, "strong women return to comics" if you're not going to have them to do more than be eye candy.
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lifeguard85
    erik said:
    "Lifeguard85 said:
    Kwannon didnt lose out though, back in the day she was like equal to betsy I thought"
    Back in the day, Kwannon had a poorly trained british body and had to make due with that. Betsy had an asian body that was molded to perfect fighting perfection but little skill. It balanced out. Now Betsy has the body and the skill while Kwannon has the skill but still a soft, squishy, british body. 
    "
    ah yea good point! for some reason I had it in my mind that Kwannon trained the body. Although either way. If given enough time, Im sure either of them could/would train the British body to perfection (and it would give them some sort of goal to work towards), or the writers will just gloss over it and say they already have it trained to perfection because they thought the way I did and the editors wont correct them lol

pixelized said:
    "
    Alison, is that you?
    So much for having, "strong women return to comics" if you're not going to have them to do more than be eye candy.
    "
    LMAO

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Erik
    Lifeguard85 said:
    "erik said:
    "Lifeguard85 said:
    "
    ah yea good point! for some reason I had it in my mind that Kwannon trained the body. Although either way. If given enough time, Im sure either of them could/would train the British body to perfection (and it would give them some sort of goal to work towards), or the writers will just gloss over it and say they already have it trained to perfection because they thought the way I did and the editors wont correct them lol
    That one seems more likely to me lol.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#67  Edited By xerox_kitty
    erik said:
    "Lifeguard85 said:
    "
    What's wrong with a soft, squishy, British body?? *sulks*

Well, Betsy's original body may not have had the intensive ninja training, but she wasn't exactly a couch potato either.  She did manage to defeat Sabretooth single-handedly and that was before she started to receive training from the likes of Wolverine.  The old light purple armour just compensated for her lack of physical strength.

That said, Kwannon was never a sloppy fighter when she was in the old British body, either.  She was her equal, when she arrived at the school.  Probably put in hours of training before she'd arrived in America.

pixelized said:
    "
    Alison, is that you?
    "
    G'uh... Not more Greg Land :(  When he's around, they all look alike!  She looks like Emma there :(

Dazzler's not exactly had a spectacular return to form.  When they brought her in to comfort Pixie, she spoke like a Paris Hilton air-head and was more concerned about using Pixie's dust to make her audience trip the light fantastic.  I hated that cameo.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By pixelized

i think we have sir Land until issue 512, but yes all of his women are identical!

I just think that with the gaps in Dazzler's  appearances, people have forgotten how to write her. Nevermind reading her old series or anything to get a feel for her, just pretend like you know how's she's supposed to be and throw it at us.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By xerox_kitty
    pixelized said:
    "I just think that with the gaps in Dazzler's  appearances, people have forgotten how to write her. Nevermind reading her old series or anything to get a feel for her, just pretend like you know how's she's supposed to be and throw it at us. "

I (foolishly) used to think that there were enclopedia type records.  Files that would continue to be updated, where the next creative team could read about a character's past.  Now I know different and it's just a case of whatever they writers feel like :(  And even though Kyle & Yost aren't my favourite writers, at least I'll credit them with doing their homework... which is better than most.  I don't know what Fraction is like yet... but part of me doubts that it'll be a believable return for poor Kwannon.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By pixelized

I USED TO THINK THE SAME THING! All the information you needed to know for the character was stored in a computer.... maybe they were all down and Fraction was forced to improvise on characterization [Wolverine said to Northstar that he and Aurora were "amazing" during secret invasion]. If issue one is anything as to how the arc will be.... Kwannon will want to kill herself again.

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Lifeguard85

LOL ironically I never thought they had something like that and wanted to be one of the people to help implement it. You think they would at least use wikipedia, comicvine, or even the marvel biographies to get a feel for the characters, but whatever lol

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By xerox_kitty
    pixelized said:
    "If issue one is anything as to how the arc will be.... Kwannon will want to kill herself again."

LOL!  I'm wishing she would right now... and she's not even back yet! ;)

Lifeguard85 said:
    "You think they would at least use wikipedia, comicvine, or even the marvel biographies to get a feel for the characters, but whatever lol"

I guess a little research is too hard for some people.  I can't remember if it was Paul Jenkins or Bendis that said he doesn't give a toss what's happened to a character before & that he'll just writer whatever he wants... I think it was Jenkins, around the time they were doing the Penance mini series.  But I can't find the interview :(
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By pixelized

that seems like what Bendis is doing with Dark Avengers

Avatar image for blacksmithantdc
    BlacksmithAntdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BlacksmithAntdc

If Kwannon is back I want her to be the the ENGLISH!Betsy body not her original body because this is going to get messy and confusing...

Avatar image for blacksmithantdc
    BlacksmithAntdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BlacksmithAntdc

Also, in terms of Dazzler, thank God they at least made her sexy again.  What was with the butch look she had going on in Excalibur??

I also like the way her power are illustrated now, as a more developed spectrum rather than 80s style laser beam type. 

Totally agree in terms of the character though... it always annoys me how Pixie is written so randomly.  And those of you who are actually from the UK are surely in agreement that her speech is like nails on a chalkboard in terms of how far away from 'Welsh' she is.

info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By info nation
    @Darke: Ugh, I'd rather not know what that was like for you, it must have been most cringe-worthy indeed!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.