Resurrection man was it good or bad?

#1 Posted by Loki9876 (2995 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm i just find it weird that matt rated it very bad 2/5 but aztek rated it very good and was positive about i ask you if you read it did you find it good.

#2 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the first half, but despised the second half. As soon as the harpies came in, I didn't like it. It didn't fit the tone of the book.

That being said, Aztek's review is still valid. He makes solid points.

Staff
#3 Posted by Loki9876 (2995 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: yeah i will see what some other guys will say not that i don't trust you or anything but tastes diffirent. so i will see.

#4 Posted by Loki9876 (2995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan: i almost always buy tpb maybe it will be better in tpb. I could imagine that if you have an entire story more answers are questions. Some people consider invincible iron man slow but it is my favorite marvel series.

#5 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

As has already been said, it wasn't a bad book, but it did nothing that made me want to come back next month.

#6 Edited by Red_Robin212 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the concept, The characters & The Artwork.

I hope Issue 2 explains more as this is my jumping on point for Resurrection Man.

Overal I I liked it

It's a shame DC haven't released a Trade for the original run as I'd like to give it a go

#7 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think it was that great, and I'm not returning for #2.

#8 Posted by Kairan1979 (16722 posts) - - Show Bio

Resurrection Man reminds me of Sleeper from Wild Cards series. Only he was sleeping, not dying.

I'm definitely looking forward for issue #2.

#9 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

It's not for everyone. The concept is interesting, the art is good, and the narrative is easy to follow whilst still drawing you in. By the end, a ton of questions are brought up, but only a few answers. The main niggle I guess people have with it is that...simply put, not much actually happens.

I liked it though.

edit: I thought the harpies were random as well. Turns out they were present during the original Res Man run as well, but even so...

They did show up because there angels, they were obsess with obtaining his soul in the original run this somewhat like re-telling of his story but this was the mid story after like twenty issues, I think that why people are so confuse

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:

I loved the first half, but despised the second half. As soon as the harpies came in, I didn't like it. It didn't fit the tone of the book.

That being said, Aztek's review is still valid. He makes solid points.

I agree. At the beginning I thought it was going to have a cool aeroplane mystery but then the bad guys turned up and I lost interest 
#11 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

it sucks

#12 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

it sucks

why is that?

#13 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Leliel: since that post i've changed my mind a little. its not that bad, but it still kinda sucks. flimsy story. dialogue. the characters.

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

It is by far the absolute best book of the reboot, don't let anyone else tell you different it is f-ing amazing

#15 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

It is by far the absolute best book of the reboot, don't let anyone else tell you different it is f-ing amazing

It is?!?!? O_o

#16 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@BlackArmor said:

It is?!?!? O_o

In my mind it is, if there was an official ranking it probably wouldn't rank that high, but personally I love it and look forward to it even more than Scott Snyder's Batman

#17 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: OK, cool

#18 Posted by Galathanos (44 posts) - - Show Bio

It's awesome, I'm new to comics and its one of the best books I've read

#19 Posted by puinno (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

It's not for everyone. The concept is interesting, the art is good, and the narrative is easy to follow whilst still drawing you in. By the end, a ton of questions are brought up, but only a few answers. The main niggle I guess people have with it is that...simply put, not much actually happens.

I liked it though.

edit: I thought the harpies were random as well. Turns out they were present during the original Res Man run as well, but even so...

When you say harpies, are you talking about the Body Doubles? They were a constant problem for Resurrection Man during the original series and continue to give him trouble. In the original series, they were working for Dewitt and were constantly trying to capture Resurrection Man to bring in to their boss.

If you are referring to Suriel, although she was not in the original series, there was another angel that was chasing Resurrection Man to collect his soul although I forget his name.

#20 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a cool book. I want to know if the old ones are any good.

#21 Posted by puinno (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

@puinno: I meant the Body Doubles, my bad. From what I read, I kinda liked Suriel. I dropped this series due to now having a smaller comic book budget than before, though I hear it's been getting pretty good lately.

Yes it has been getting better. Resurrection Man was admitted to Arkham at the end of #5 and he is starting to interact and meet other notable DC characters for the first time.

@RoboShark said:

It's a cool book. I want to know if the old ones are any good.

The old ones were really good in my opinion. A lot of people probably do not know that Resurrection Man was a member of the Justice League for an extremely brief time (not to mention his superhero costume during that brief time was bad ass..kinda miss it).

This was part of the appeal of the first series. The scope of events surrounding him and his origins progressively got larger. He felt like he was just some normal joe trying to piece together his past. Resurrection Man is actually among the oldest characters in the DC universe, right alongside Savage and Immortal Man. Another great appeal is how his powers are constantly changing so it always is interesting to see what powers he will receive in the following issue. I compiled a list of all his deaths on the Resurrection Man main page, check it out.

#22 Posted by Loki9876 (2995 posts) - - Show Bio

@puinno: hey, thanks for the info.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.