By far the worst in the franchise

#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (38552 posts) - - Show Bio

The Resident Evil movies aren't good, but they're at least dumb fun at times. I went into RE: Retribution the other day expecting to shut off my brain and enjoy some blatantly stupid popcorn entertainment. But that didn't happen. Not at all.  

Aside from the fairly cool intro and ending, the majority of the movie was downright terrible. The script was appalling, the acting was bland, the CGI was laughable, and the action was boring. Have you ever been bored with a final fight sequence? If not, watch this movie and be amazed by a fight that's far too long and far too dull.  

I'm so happy I rented this instead of shelling out cash to see it in 3D in theaters. But that's just me... what did you think of the latest RE film?

Staff
#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

It was ok trust me I have seen far far worse....anything by Uwe Boll..........

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (38552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega said:

It was ok trust me I have seen far far worse....anything by Uwe Boll..........

Of course there's worse out there, but I'm talking solely about this franchise.
Staff
#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

My name is Alice... I am a horrible character.

#5 Posted by dondave (35889 posts) - - Show Bio

Defibitely Bad, CGI was horrible

#6 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeahhhhhhhhh, I'm a steadfast fan of the franchise and even I think this one sucked.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

Half a star is pretty high of a rating though :P

#8 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care I've watch Independent movies just to see Milla Jovovich, if its event remotely better then Ultraviolet its good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.