inferiorego's Rescue #1 - Rescue Me review

• inferiorego wrote this review on .
  • inferiorego has written a total of 318 reviews. The last one was for

Review: Rescue

Popping out of the amazing Invincible Iron Man book, Pepper Potts puts on the Rescue Iron Man suit and travels the world looking for people to save in this one-shot issue.

The Good

I love the current Invincible Iron Man book. It's my favorite Marvel book out right now, and getting to see Pepper Potts in her own book, at least for one issue, looked exciting to me; however, this is a throw-away story. There are a couple of good things in this issue though. The writing and art are pretty solid page-to-page, but when the book is looked at as a whole, it’s a different story.

The Bad

This book is pretty bland, and excuse me for spoiling it, but the whole issue takes place in a gym as Pepper Potts tells the story of her saving people’s lives elsewhere to her dead husband. That’s it. There’s no startling revelation at the end, nothing. It’s filler, and I don’t know for what.

The Verdict - 2/5

Again, the writing and art are solid, but the overall story is so boring and meaningless that it makes everything else suffer. Pepper Potts is a great character, and she deserves a good one-shot, and this isn’t it. However, if she starts seeing her dead husband in the Iron Man book… I’ll bump this up to three stars, but until then, pass this puppy up.
Posted by Blue_Shield

Bummer, I had high hopes for this issue.
Moderator