Red X needs to be mainstreamed in DC comics

#1 Posted by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks to Red X on myspace, I've been thinking more about this character. They need to bring Red X into mainstream DC. Here's Red X's myspace fan page: http://myspace.com/iloveredx

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

welcome to the vine

don't think they should, I think that his introduction in the teen titans animated series was to give Jason Todd an apperance in other media.

But I may be wrong

#3 Posted by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they never did reveal his true identity. Could still be someone else.

#4 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps

#5 Posted by TheRedX (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo ho, I'd be that Red X that Nyxy mentioned. Thanks for the shout out, Nyx.

Red X was introduced as a mystery figure. Jason Todd was only introduced as a theory, along with... Robin's clone, long lost brother, inter-dimensional imp, Robin after time traveling, or a bionic monkey infused with Robin's DNA. So if Jason Todd is a valid theory, so is the bionic monkey. And, yeah yeah, Jason Todd was stealing the Batmobile's tires, but Red X was supposed to be a mystery. That way he wouldn't be a name or identity, he'd just be a living embodiment of Robin's mistake.

#6 Posted by Hellstormer (284 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea bring him in! I can't think of who he could really be that was be shocking. Maybe...Ted Kord! Yea wouldn't that shock you. Had Jason been introduced as Red X instead of Red Hood it'd all be good and he could still become Red Robin.

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm

Red Hood, Red X, Red Robin

Using a costume and name previously used by Dick Grayson

I see a patern here

#8 Posted by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, maybe it's Batgirl, doing the whole Echo/Ronin thing. :D What? Everyone else is spitting out random ideas. But I do see an obsession with red here...hmm. Any other theories? What other teen-ish master thieves do we know of? I'm drawing a blank, but I'm more of a Marvel comics gal.

#9 Posted by Hellstormer (284 posts) - - Show Bio

nyx says:

"Hmm, maybe it's Batgirl, doing the whole Echo/Ronin thing. :D What? Everyone else is spitting out random ideas. But I do see an obsession with red here...hmm. Any other theories? What other teen-ish master thieves do we know of? I'm drawing a blank, but I'm more of a Marvel comics gal."

Bronze Tiger would be different.

#10 Posted by Meiriona (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in the Jason Todd group myself, even if I think he should have stayed dead...

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

wish granted

#12 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

May show up in the Terror Titans book

#13 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
Uh... maybe it could work
#14 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

they were on their way to catch him...when that guys father got in the way by starting a fight. I wanted to see X in the book, cause they already plan on bringing static shock back in this series...why not Red X too

#15 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio
Wanna Play?
#16 Posted by Skull Commando (6 posts) - - Show Bio

They should give him a mini series and let the fans decide

#17 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

he was in the Teen Titans Go! comic

#18 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Still waiting....Come on DC step it up son

#19 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Red X was cool. Speaking of Red X, two other DC animation characters need their own comic books...

#20 Posted by Arkham J (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like Red X and i think it would be cool to bring him into the DC universe i mean Jason Todd does need a new side now Scarlet has gone.....

#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd new identity.

#22 Posted by Asgardian Hulk (76 posts) - - Show Bio
@Arkham J said:
"I do like Red X and i think it would be cool to bring him into the DC universe i mean Jason Todd does need a new side now Scarlet has gone.....  

Red Hood and Red X, sounds good. But if Jason is Red Hood, who would be Red X?
#23 Posted by Asgardian Hulk (76 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:

"Jason Todd new identity."

That would be great. Red X as Jason's sidekick could be cool. But Jason as Red X would get him new fans, and m ake him  m ore form idable to Dick Grayson.
#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.

Jason = Red Hood
Tim = Red Robin
Dick = Nightwing
Bruce = Batman
Damian = Robin

Maybe Tim could become Red X rather than keeping that stupid Red Robin name.

#25 Edited by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  And get a new costume so he doesn't look like Doctor Mid-Nite?  I love it already!
#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  And get a new costume so he doesn't look like Doctor Mid-Nite?  I love it already! "
Haha, yes! I'm really not a fan of the Red Robin identity, Tim's cool, RR is not...
#27 Posted by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim is cool.  Red Robin is bringing him to new heights.  The costume.. he needs a new one.  It's so unoriginal...  Ignore my avatar though, it contradicts my post.

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
"   Tim is cool.  Red Robin is bringing him to new heights.  The costume.. he needs a new one.  It's so unoriginal...  Ignore my avatar though, it contradicts my post. "
Yeah, I know. He's his own person now, I understand why he became Red Robin (he saw himself as the Robin who failed) but when Bruce comes back, he should don something new.
#29 Posted by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Probably won't happen though.  Unless they rename the series, but knowing DC that's not very likely.  At least not for 50 or so more issues.
#30 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Red X would have been a better identity than Red Robin in my opinion.

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  Probably won't happen though.  Unless they rename the series, but knowing DC that's not very likely.  At least not for 50 or so more issues. "
OR! He could become Robin again, and Damian could become Red X, and serve as Nightwing's partner. 

Batman and Robin, and Nightwing and Red X lol. Either way, please no more Red Robin!
#32 Posted by Amegashita (3560 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:  I agree.

@FadeToBlackBolt:  With how the writers now are trying to pass Damian off as the next Batman in the future that wouldn't happen =[.  Really though, Tim should start his own legacy, not fall into another one like Red Robin.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.