Do you know the Identity of the Red X from Teen Titans.

#1 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson originally

#3 Posted by The Poet (8288 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: we never really learned who the second one was. He has a page here on the site, but as expected it doesn't give any enlightening details. Its up to us to theorize. Some have said it was jason todd, but I doubt it just going with the age of Dick and his current idenity.

A mystery. Just like if Terra is alive or not...

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:

@CODYSF: we never really learned who the second one was. He has a page here on the site, but as expected it doesn't give any enlightening details. Its up to us to theorize. Some have said it was jason todd, but I doubt it just going with the age of Dick and his current idenity.

A mystery. Just like if Terra is alive or not...

Good point....did you know it was often theorized that Slade on this show was Bruce Wayne in disguise, testing Robin, the evidence was that Slades hair was dark...like Robins and that the face he sported in the Thunder and Lightning episode (which resembled what he actually looks like in comics) was a mask. This  kind of diminished after Slade "died" and returned working for Trigon.

Thats why Teen Titans was so great, It was like a Super hero cartoon, Looney Tunes and Lost all rolled into one
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always considered it to be Jason. 

#6 Posted by homeslice (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought they meant it to be jason but explaining who we was, how he got the suit and his connection to dick probably proved to be too complicated or the writers thought it would lower the emphasis on the rest of the titans.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (29242 posts) - - Show Bio

I always assumed Jason Todd.

#8 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

Red X in the tv show was Robin

#9 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd, only person to really fit, explains his antihero/thief thing

His name was even on the chalk board beast boy was writing on

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12397 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes said:

Red X in the tv show was Robin

Robin was the original Red X. a new one popped up several times after Robin stopped using the identity
#11 Posted by Joygirl (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

Left a mystery, along with what happened to Terra, what Slade's up to, and What's In The Box. I say it's Deadpool.

#12 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I always assumed Jason Todd.
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously we know that the original Red X was a means for Robin to move without having to worry about the consequences of his actions against his friends. We know that version of Robin was Dick Grayson because of the inter-dimensional imp revealed he was was nosyarg kcid (read it backwards ;) However, the identity of the second Red X was never revealed... and it is that Red X which made a single comic book appaerance in the Teen Titans Go! comic adaptation. But to be honest... I don't really care who the second Red X is. He was just a foil to Robin & a reminder of his previous mistake (that he didn't trust enough in his friends).

#14 Posted by Peregrine (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Always assumed it was Jason, especially when he got the skull emblem on his chest and started wearing Red X's colors as Red Hood

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I never knew who Jason Todd was when I watched the show, but looking back, yeah, it was probably him.

#16 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

probably jason

#17 Posted by Blob (575 posts) - - Show Bio

I have know idea lol but always thought the second Red X (NOT Robin) was a very interesting and good character.

#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10899 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought it was Jason too, but come to think of it why would Jason be around with Dick still Robin?

#19 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked to think it was Jason Todd. Doesn't quite fit with Dick Grayson still being Robin, but it wouldn't be the first time Teen Titans changed things up a little.

I've always thought they should make a continuation of this show, at least finish what they started. A lot of plot points never really got resolved before the abrupt ending.

#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans the TV show was aired between 19 July 2003 - 16 January 2006. Jason Todd did make his reappearance during that time (as Red Hood in December 2004). Realistically, I don't see the studios making such a quick & conscious decision to introduce Jason like that, especially as the majority of characters in the show still didn't have their secret identities revealed. That said, I don't object to the theory that it could have been Jason, after all Red X had all the same moves as Robin. It's not a theory I agree with, but I can understand why people would think that :)

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Never even considered Todd an option.

#22 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I've always considered it to be Jason. 
#23 Posted by powerrobot (2 posts) - - Show Bio

its not jason ...he's too young to wear the suit ...Becuase grayson is still robin , and the guy in the suit looks a little older then dick grayson

#24 Posted by powerflux (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: slade is supposed to be the dc comics villain deathstroke, they just didn't wasn't to use a name involving "death" on a kids show so they just used his first name

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.