Rose McGowan As Red Sonja Might Still Happen

Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio
Okay, where's the Red Sonja fans?  I know lots of people like to see a female character that can kick butt.  Heck, she'll chop off your butt with her sword and then kick it out of town.  Last year it was announced that Robert Rodriguez would produce the movie with Rose McGowan as the "she-devil with a sword."  The movie had a 2009 release date.  Obviously that's not going to happen since filming hasn't even begun. 

For those heart-broken over not getting this movie, here's some good news.  Executive producer Joe Gatta has recently explained what the problem is.
Because of certain issues and the economy, we had to change our plan a bit. It's frustrating because we thought we'd make the movie last year, before Conan.

Gatta does believe that they will begin filming in 2010 and release it the same year.  Hopefully it won't be a rush job.  The movie will tell Red Sonja's origin and will ignore the previous movie.

Are you looking forward to a Red Sonja movie?  Do you think Rose McGowan is right for the role?  Do you think Robert Rodriguez will still be able to produce given his crazy-busy schedule?
Staff Online
#1 Posted by KyojiArttz (12 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! thats now on my list of movies to see. 

#2 Posted by goosehorn (784 posts) - - Show Bio

yes im looking forward to this movie--yes rose mcgowan is right for the role---and yes robert rodriguez will be able to produce an awesome movie dispite a very hectic schedule..........plus i think i smell a movie tie-in

#3 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

She'll need bigger boobs!

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" She'll need bigger boobs! "
Not if she's not trying to look EXACTLY like Red Sonja.
Moderator
#5 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

ok slight;y bigger

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" ok slight;y bigger "
Don't expect any busty characters to be busty in movies.It never happens and it never will.Nobody can have a perfect figure like super-heroines.You will never see a woman on the screen who looks like Invisible Woman,Storm,Emma Frost,Black Cat,Catwoman,Wonder Woman,none of them.Their figures are impossible to match.
Moderator
#7 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

they did it with Invisible Woman!

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" they did it with Invisible Woman! "
No they didn't.Jessica Alba looks nothing like Sue Storm.

1.Sue Storm is lighter than Jessica Alba because she's actually white and Jessica Alba is half Mexican.She can't be any lighter than she was in F4 without it looking absolutely phony.
2.Sue Storm is a natural blonde.Jessica Alba clearly isn't.
3.Jessica Alba is B-cup,Sue is at least a low D.
Moderator
#9 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

never mind

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" never mind "
I know it's never mind because Jessica Alba proves my point perfectly.
Moderator
#11 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" never mind "
I know it's never mind because Jessica Alba proves my point perfectly.
"
No it's we're fighting over boobs
#12 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" never mind "
I know it's never mind because Jessica Alba proves my point perfectly.
"
No it's we're fighting over boobs "
We're not fighting.You said something.I disagreed and then I proved my point.That's not a fight.
Moderator
#13 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn should be here

#14 Posted by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" they did it with Invisible Woman! "
No they didn't.Jessica Alba looks nothing like Sue Storm.

1.Sue Storm is lighter than Jessica Alba because she's actually white and Jessica Alba is half Mexican.She can't be any lighter than she was in F4 without it looking absolutely phony.
2.Sue Storm is a natural blonde.Jessica Alba clearly isn't.
3.Jessica Alba is B-cup,Sue is at least a low D.
"
You'll settle for CGI boobs and you'll LIKE IT! *angry face* *Patrick Stewart voice disengage*
#15 Posted by King Saturn (224000 posts) - - Show Bio
@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" King Saturn should be here "
teleports into thread

Ah... Rose McGowan as Red Sonja... Well I aint really a huge fan of hers... but maybe she could pull it off
#16 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good to me.  Rose is accustomed to wearing chain mail type clothing (anyone remember that wild "dress" she wore when she was with Marilyn Manson?) and revealing her body, so it's a win/win regardless of breast size.   It's not the size of the balloon but whether or not its inflated.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jamiracles said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" they did it with Invisible Woman! "
No they didn't.Jessica Alba looks nothing like Sue Storm.

1.Sue Storm is lighter than Jessica Alba because she's actually white and Jessica Alba is half Mexican.She can't be any lighter than she was in F4 without it looking absolutely phony.
2.Sue Storm is a natural blonde.Jessica Alba clearly isn't.
3.Jessica Alba is B-cup,Sue is at least a low D.
"
You'll settle for CGI boobs and you'll LIKE IT! *angry face* *Patrick Stewart voice disengage* "
They won't CGI Rose's boobs.There is no point anyway.Bridgette Neilsen didn't enhance her boobs to play Sonja.
Moderator
#18 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jamiracles said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" they did it with Invisible Woman! "
No they didn't.Jessica Alba looks nothing like Sue Storm.

1.Sue Storm is lighter than Jessica Alba because she's actually white and Jessica Alba is half Mexican.She can't be any lighter than she was in F4 without it looking absolutely phony.
2.Sue Storm is a natural blonde.Jessica Alba clearly isn't.
3.Jessica Alba is B-cup,Sue is at least a low D.
"
You'll settle for CGI boobs and you'll LIKE IT! *angry face* *Patrick Stewart voice disengage* "
Yes Picard! *worf voice engage* A fellow Trekkie!
#19 Posted by daswook (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay look guys,Jessica Alba was NOT A GOOD CHOICE for invisible woman.period.As for big boobs in all the X-men movies the actresses who portrayed Jean Grey and Storm wore boob enhancers to make them look more like the comic characters they portrayed.

#20 Posted by goosehorn (784 posts) - - Show Bio

vance astro 1

venom-hulker 0
^
I
I
I
you lose  oh well...

any way trust me rose mcgowan will pull it off and jessica alba cant act worth s#$% rose mcgowan is way better

#21 Posted by The Psyentist (16693 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" they did it with Invisible Woman! "
No they didn't.Jessica Alba looks nothing like Sue Storm.

1.Sue Storm is lighter than Jessica Alba because she's actually white and Jessica Alba is half Mexican.She can't be any lighter than she was in F4 without it looking absolutely phony.
2.Sue Storm is a natural blonde.Jessica Alba clearly isn't.
3.Jessica Alba is B-cup,Sue is at least a low D.
"
Haha. That's an amazing analysis.
Online
#22 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I going to add this the my movie list,because I want to see this movie.

#23 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to read this comic, and I'm sure the movie could be good too

Moderator
#24 Posted by NightFang (9967 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow

#25 Posted by pefdit (7 posts) - - Show Bio
@Venom-Hulker_1:

batman was supposed to be 6'2" iron man 6'1"....we didn't see that happen in the movies..but i don't care coz they were great...let's wait and see what happens with red sonja :D
#26 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

should be interesting, I def would go see this.

#27 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm extremly excited now that I know Rose McGowan  & Robert Rodriguez are involved. 

#28 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio
@pefdit said:
" @Venom-Hulker_1: batman was supposed to be 6'2" iron man 6'1"....we didn't see that happen in the movies..but i don't care coz they were great...let's wait and see what happens with red sonja :D "
Well said.
#29 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this movie!

Rose looks amazing with that long, red hair
and she'll definately kick ass as Red Sonja.

#30 Posted by sythspawn (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" ok slight;y bigger "
Don't expect any busty characters to be busty in movies.It never happens and it never will.Nobody can have a perfect figure like super-heroines.You will never see a woman on the screen who looks like Invisible Woman,Storm,Emma Frost,Black Cat,Catwoman,Wonder Woman,none of them.Their figures are impossible to match.
"
Wasn't Angelina's shirt stuffed a little for the Tomb Raider movies?
#31 Posted by Pheeke (198 posts) - - Show Bio

why does she look like she's into blood? red sonja isn't a vampire right?

#32 Posted by coral web (129 posts) - - Show Bio

but theres already a red sonja

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@sythspawn said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Venom-Hulker_1 said:
" ok slight;y bigger "
Don't expect any busty characters to be busty in movies.It never happens and it never will.Nobody can have a perfect figure like super-heroines.You will never see a woman on the screen who looks like Invisible Woman,Storm,Emma Frost,Black Cat,Catwoman,Wonder Woman,none of them.Their figures are impossible to match.
"
Wasn't Angelina's shirt stuffed a little for the Tomb Raider movies? "
I don't know.

@coral web said:
" but theres already a red sonja "
What?
Moderator
#34 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

don't know enough about the character nor the movie to care

#35 Posted by zog_thuggoff (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this Vance Astro person comes across like a real jerk! I hope he never responds to any of MY posts!!!
As for Rose/Red, I think the poster of her licking the sword sucks. Bad marketing move if they wanted to make any real money off this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.