Follow

Red Sonja

Character » Red Sonja appears in 1061 issues.

Known as the "She-Devil with a Sword," Red Sonja is the greatest swordswoman of the Hyborean Age and more than a match for any man in combat. First appearing in Marvel Comics in 1973, Red Sonja has become the archetypal example of the strikingly beautiful warrior woman clad in revealing bikini-like armor.

Red Sonja Strength Respect Thread

SickNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, all, first time poster here but fairly long-time lurker. I've noticed a few Red Sonja battle threads cropping up and thought it'd be cool to copy and paste a long thread I did on Herochat ... as a respect thread, this isn't viewable by non-HC members so I imagine a lot of these showings will be new to most of you.

I've been a Sonja fan for ages but only got around to reading her Dynamite stories towards the end of last year. I've long believed Sonja was physically equivalent to a female Conan i.e. basically the strongest a woman could be without being superhuman, but there was precious little in her Marvel run to back that up. Dynamite's Sonja is much nastier though and has some really cool showings. Essentially, I believe that Sonja isn't quite equal to a Batman or Daredevil in brute strength but she's pretty close and I don't think there's a female non-meta at Marvel or DC who can match her.

Bear in mind, for the sake of speed, I'll be basically copying my posts over without editing, so some of the text might not make sense or I might've corrected faulty info later on in the thread. Enjoy anyway and all comments are welcome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.